Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 21, 2021 7:05 PM

Aug 2020
My suggestion is simple:
Have a small spot on a anime page for users to vote if sub or dub is better (a poll) and give reasons why. I think it would be a cool idea and helpful for anyone who needs help deciding between the two, (Like me).
Jan 21, 2021 7:47 PM

Jan 2021
I think you can do that by starting a discussion on the forums.
Jan 21, 2021 8:03 PM

Jan 2020
As kycnui said, you can just do that by creating a forum thread on that specific anime. So I don't think this function is necessary at all.
Jan 22, 2021 5:55 AM

Aug 2020
kycnui said:

Yes but I thought it would be easier if it was on the animes page instead of having to go into forums to look for it.
Jan 22, 2021 6:32 AM

Jul 2015
Why have a poll that will literally only be 95% Subbed - 5% Dubbed for every anime other than a select few like FLCL, Afro Samurai, Ghost Stories, etc?

Just a waste of effort to code.
Jan 22, 2021 6:57 AM
Aug 2011
If there are shows that have notably good dubs then I usually end up watching both versions anyway. These included Cowboy Bebop, Nana, Beck, Baccano, Haruhi Suzumiya. But word of mouth gets around about those, the ones that are really that good is a short list, not something that needs to be crowd-sourced on the page of every anime.

So I can't see the value myself.

Prev poster is right, it'd turn into 95%/5% for almost all shows, so end up being useless. It'd be like "oh, 6.3% of users liked the dub for this one, it must be a good dub, while only 4.5% like the dub for that other one so it's bad".
cipheronJan 22, 2021 7:10 AM
Jan 22, 2021 9:08 AM

Jan 2021
ChadtheChampion said:
kycnui said:

Yes but I thought it would be easier if it was on the animes page instead of having to go into forums to look for it.
You see, if that happens, it will be a massacre.
Jan 22, 2021 6:31 PM

Aug 2009
ChadtheChampion said:
My suggestion is simple:
Have a small spot on a anime page for users to vote if sub or dub is better (a poll) and give reasons why. I think it would be a cool idea and helpful for anyone who needs help deciding between the two, (Like me).

That is a stupid suggestion because every stupid weeb who only knows a handful of Japanese worlds would out of ignorance claim subs are better.

More topics from this board

» Anti-Adbot measure

Zarutaku - 3 hours ago

5 by Fleeting_Dream »»
50 minutes ago

» The "related entries" redesign is atrocious

FurMetarArkemist - Jun 4

5 by YurinaMaekawa »»
7 hours ago

» Change Zheng Ying (Ei Sei) picture

AlehPoersch - Yesterday

0 by AlehPoersch »»
Yesterday, 1:51 PM

» Do you guys want a dislike reaction for reviews or something like it?

emryuu - Jun 6

9 by Vene »»
Yesterday, 9:54 AM

» Bots/fake accounts

9765 - Yesterday

4 by 9765 »»
Yesterday, 8:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.