Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 19, 2017 11:02 AM
Jan 2008
There is so much Naruto related stuff going on right now so I'm a bit lost on the timeline. I'm not caught up with the anime, I'm stuck somewhere at the beginning of the last war- after Kakashi Gaiden. I've completed the manga though but ages ago, and I just can't seem to finish the anime.

I originally got into Naruto about 12-13 years ago, so I'm a real fan but I just fell off the anime with all the fillers at one point and picking up so many years later wasn't the same. Especially with completing the manga I know what happens and the anime just makes it confusing and having to sort through what is filler and not. Somehow it feels wrong to not finish though.

What is the timeline of the things happening before the upcoming Boruto the anime? I'll list the things I've heard of;

The Last Naruto The Movie
Naruto Chapter 700
Naruto Gaiden the Seventh Hokage
Boruto Oneshot (something)
Boruto the Movie
Boruto Next Generation Manga

So much stuff to complete along with the actual Naruto Anime which I am stuck on in the first place. This makes me wonder if the Boruto stuff is good enough to be worth the time investment. My sense is that it's just milking the cow at this point, but I can't deny feeling out of the loop and it feels wrong as a oldschool Naruto fan to not know what's going on in that universe.

Also what I've seen of Boruto looks like some cool stuff is going on, although a lot seems like a rehash of the beginning of Naruto, with the same kids and rituals.
DezFeb 19, 2017 11:08 AM
Mar 18, 2017 12:28 AM

Dec 2014
It is all rehash with a little technology element... .
Apr 4, 2017 11:28 AM

Jan 2015
You're asking about the chronologic order in which all of these happens?

It goes something like this:

- The Last Naruto The Movie (this happens about two years after the war ended, I actually really like this one)
- Naruto Chapter 700
- Naruto Gaiden (this is basically a sequel to the epilogue chapter)
- Boruto The Movie (which the manga also adapted)

EDIT: Oh, it's actually in the same order you put it in. So yeah, this is the chronological order, although it's not the release order.

More topics from this board

» I loved Naruto but my time is limited, should I bother with Boruto?

Ezereal - Jan 14, 2019

19 by Ezereal »»
Sep 23, 3:03 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 292 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2023

85 by Rykcoshu »»
Sep 17, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 293 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2023

149 by MuntasirM »»
Sep 12, 3:23 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 276 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2022

25 by elakimein »»
Sep 7, 1:25 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 170 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2020

46 by Nightwalker_13 »»
Sep 5, 10:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.