Basic Mafia v4: Haruhi Suzumiya Mafia | Game Over - Mafia and Third Party Win

New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (56) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 » ... Last »
Jan 1, 2017 1:30 PM

May 2012
rosielovesanime said:
Oh that makes way more sense.

Like I said it that I would be concerned about the pattern that could form vs an actual read on either of them. That why I got to go back and really dig through the arguments again both Mish and 0x40 to see if there is any connection. Probably just as bad a gut feeling, but still I feel like this is my best option right now.

Kit's the only one I say I have an actual read on. I trust him, which makes me question him.
What sort of connection are you looking for?

Is there anything in Kit's posts that make you suspect them or is it just for this reason? And what about Soren?
Jan 1, 2017 1:33 PM

May 2012
I've got a family gathering to go to in about 30 minutes. If you have any questions for me, send them my way so I can answer them when I get back.
Jan 1, 2017 1:41 PM

Mar 2012
Gruffin: There's got to be a reason why Mishu was killed. I really doubt that scum just decided to use RNG to decide their NK target.

Logic: If you know what you are doing, it can yield some results. Yes. No idea, need to take a closer look at people on it.

-----
Now, to the reason behind Mishu's NK. There pretty much always is a reason behind mafia's NK choice, since mafia rarely (read: never) draws lots on who to kill. They kill to get some kind of gain from the kill.

Most common reasons:
- NK'd person was power role (or mafia though so).
- NK'd person was not a possible mislynch (either confirmed town or widely town read).
- NK'd person had caught scum and was pushing their lynches.
- Mafia was afraid of the NK'd person. (One of the best players on the site)

#1: Mishu clearly wasn't a PR. Either mafia had some REALLY weird idea in their head that Mishu was PR or there's some other reason.
#2: This is a possible reason, read what I said about Mishu's wagon.
#3: Mishu was voting logic for the whole day until at the end of day they switched to Kit. I don't really remember that Mishu was strongly pushing Kit or logic, but I need to check these.
#4: No idea about this one, I don't know the meta. However, I kinda doubt it since it looked to me that people were regarding Soren one of the best town players on this game.

In case I'm wrong about Mishu's status about best player on the site, feel free to correct me.
Count to 30 -victories:

Up to 30: 19 wins | Up to 60: 2 wins | Up to 90: 3 win | Up to 120: 1 win | Up to 150: 1 win | Up to 180:
0 wins | Up to 210: 1 win
Jan 1, 2017 1:43 PM
Jul 2018
@Bursama I've played with Mishu before, and I can say they're a very good player.
Jan 1, 2017 1:47 PM

Mar 2012
Lord_Sithis said:
@Bursama I've played with Mishu before, and I can say they're a very good player.

Other people willing to confirm this claim?
Count to 30 -victories:

Up to 30: 19 wins | Up to 60: 2 wins | Up to 90: 3 win | Up to 120: 1 win | Up to 150: 1 win | Up to 180:
0 wins | Up to 210: 1 win
Jan 1, 2017 1:48 PM

Aug 2013
PentaFlare said:

When you say you are trusting Kit but are questioning them, I'm not clear on what you mean by questioning. Are you questioning things they have done, asking them questions about the game right now as a form of collaboration, or something else?

Its more that I am saying that I will questions the things they will do, since I trust that he will do actions that will have meaning. Does that make more sense?

Jan 1, 2017 1:50 PM

Aug 2013
Gruffin said:
]What sort of connection are you looking for?

Is there anything in Kit's posts that make you suspect them or is it just for this reason? And what about Soren?

For those two, a strong stance against one player and then an agreement that doesn't change. If it continues the chances increase that one or both of them is scum. It can still be true if they disagree, trying to hid their steps.

Though it will come to how they phrase this posts once they are written. Coincidence are just that, and its easy to make it look like something bigger is happening.

Jan 1, 2017 1:53 PM

Jan 2010
Bursama said:
Lord_Sithis said:

I don't have enough experience with Mishu to say either way. I have played 6 games now they said they have played 10-12. Best player on the site I would suspect that is SoulEaterQUEEN by the way people have hyped her up in the few games I have played here.
Proud Administrator of the D Gray Man FC and OnePunch-Man FC

Jan 1, 2017 2:02 PM

Aug 2014
I wouldn't be afraid of Mishu if I was mafia. Mishu is very keen and perceptive but I can't remember Mishu ever leading a lynch on anyone. I wouldn't see that as the likely cause, but that would depend on who the mafia are I guess. It is really hard to determine a cause for a night kill without knowing what the scum know.

There are also other reasons why people might pick a night kill. For example, during my really long streak of getting scum every game I earned the reputation of being a bit of a masochistic scum player because I tended to kill inactives who weren't contributing to the town anyway, making the game more fun but also harder for me. I also had a really bad scum winrate during that time. :P
Be like this seal. It is a happy seal.
~Review Guidelines~ | ~Recommendation Guidelines~ | ~Mafia Society~
Jan 1, 2017 2:05 PM

Aug 2014
Basically I'm trying to say that you shouldn't focus too much on the reasons for a night kill. It is really hard to tell the mindset of the specific scumteam in this game. Try looking at what people were saying about Mishu during day 1 instead. You are more likely to find potential causes there.
Jan 1, 2017 2:06 PM

Aug 2014
rosielovesanime said:
PentaFlare said:

When you say you are trusting Kit but are questioning them, I'm not clear on what you mean by questioning. Are you questioning things they have done, asking them questions about the game right now as a form of collaboration, or something else?

Its more that I am saying that I will questions the things they will do, since I trust that he will do actions that will have meaning. Does that make more sense?

So you are planning to look for the meaning in the things Kit does? Are you also planning to look for intent in what other people are doing?
Jan 1, 2017 2:07 PM

Jan 2008
oooh no RIP Mishu ( ;_;)7 I was having fun bantering with you.
Killing a cat, mafia is truly evil.

Ok before catching up I wanna say right now I'm suspecting Bursama but it's for possibly weird reasons? So, I watch out for people who town-read me very easily and with very little reasons given, because scum love to do that to me, and I tend to be correct when I guess scum this way. Anyway, I didn't really like Bursama's non-reasons for town reading me (something about association with Lucian) so it felt kind of off to me. There's also the fact that Bursama was the first to bring up 40's mudslinging. Now, knowing that I felt off about Bursama but being unable to prove it, I decided to look into 40 and go with it. Didn't work out, as you can see, so now Bursama is looking pretty suspicious to me. He also was very careful with his vote and did not place it on anyone until there was already a train. He even gave 2 options in his initial reads: 40 or Grapefruit, so he could have been waiting to see which one would gain more traction. Of course, if he is scum, I did him a favor and made a case for 40 which others agreed with. I still am leaning more townish than scum on grapefruit

I know Logic was urging us to talk about other scum reads at the end of Day 1 but I didn't want to mention other scum reads because I didn't want to get night killed like last time. Sorry!

As far as others, I'm a bit suspicious of phraze and sithis. I slacked off during the entire night phase (hey... it was new year) so I think for today I'm going to look out for those 3 (@gruffin that should answer your first pinged question to me)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . anime . manga . updates . ♫♪. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jan 1, 2017 2:18 PM

Aug 2013
PentaFlare said:

So you are planning to look for the meaning in the things Kit does? Are you also planning to look for intent in what other people are doing?

Both. I just have a better understand of Kit, or so I think.

Jan 1, 2017 2:28 PM

Jan 2010
Since I had this ready to go and everyone is already going that way I better get this out now.

Bursama:

My actual thoughts on specific posts:
#159 - His first post of the game and it just felt weird. Now that I look at it again it's even stranger. We get three different reads on Lucian in the same post. I get that he may have been just quoting things as he went along but you would think he could clean that up a little bit. It just feels like an attempt to look like trying to figure out Lucina when he really did nothing with it. Gun to my head comment is on a confirmed townie and one of my strongest town reads.
#164 and #165 ask me to explain my counter wagon (sarcastically at that imo) I answer right away no reasponse for 200+ posts.
#171 - Was still around to answer #165 but doesn't explains mudslinging again and leaves until #256
#256 - I raise some concerns about Bursama here but rather than address them he tells me to question them all.
#363 This post irked me the most I think. I have questions for Bursama??? No it was the other way around Bursama had questions for me and one was supposedly and important 1 yet he still hasn't responded to my answers to them and is now actually claiming I am the one who had question for him.
#441 - The reason this stands out to me is because 2 posts after saying that rosie's vote was awkward he votes the same way. I know he listed his reasons but I didn't agree with them.
#443 - I really dislike when people would rather try to get information of a mislynch. I mean I get it, it's bound to happen so use it when it does, but to not care that you could actually be making the game easier for the mafia is not call with me. Every townie life is important
#520 - My read list Bursama is neutral

So yeah, there is the evidence. I need to try and look at it from a town mindset but I will let you all weigh in on it first before I try to change my own mind about him. He asks question that he and doesn't seem very interested in hearing the answers. Said that I asked him a question when he in fact had asked me the questions. The way I see it pretty much started this whole 40 mess with his mudslinging comments. His nonchalant attitude when talking about the prospects of a possible mislynch is something I have never liked as a playre. Not even responding to my post about possible town mindset with 40. Voting 40 after saying rosie's vote on him was Awkward feels off as well. I feel a general lack of game solving or an real attempt to understand the behavior of a player. I also feel like he isn't showing much interest in the game with the whole making me wait for response to questions he asked. It was such an important question that it took over 200 post to respond and this was the answer "Not that much about alignment, more about how you think". I have had bad vibes since the first post so let me know if I am being too biased here. Any other analysis you think I may have missed as well.

vote: Bursama

Jan 1, 2017 2:33 PM

Aug 2013
logic340 said:

My Thoughts on specific posts
#211 - The vote on Grapefruit seems pretty bogus they claim RVS but state that they are caught up (Vote happens on page 5 where they say they have read up to). Later the reason revealed it what Grapefruit said in their first post (joke about kit being a nice guy) hasn't sat well with them and they haven't shaken the feeling.

I was on page five of mobile, which is different than page five on desktop. 13 pages here is about 22~23 pages on phone. I didn't know about the difference till I got home.
logic340 said:

#300 - In this post they say that they see why people don't trust me but don't really explain why that is. They go on to say they don't think I am scum but again no reasons to support that statement. They can see why people don't trust me but I am not scum??? this is kind of a contradiction. Gruffin town at least says why they feel that way, no reason for the read on though. The comment to Sonata about not being able to act scum if they tried strikes me as odd since you don't have to act scum if you are scum. In the end I don't really think her answer really answers what I asked.

rosielovesanime said:
You are a smart player which scum would out quick right?

I guess this doesn't seem like a good enough reason, but I explain more with my response to #522
As for the comment to Sonata, it was a bit of humor to say that I couldn't be maifa because I don't know how. They said I was acting like scum, I replied with a "If I am, I don't know how" statement.
logic340 said:

#522 - No reason or examples for the town or scum reads. Even backs off the town read saying neutral better if scum (??). We are not better for the game if scum we should be killed.

Maybe I am not being clear enough. I think you are good for the game as a whole because you seem sniff out people's roles and intentions better than me. Keeping you alive is good, till you prove otherwise. Same applies to Lucian or anyone else for that matter.
logic340 said:

#369 -The unvote is weird to me considering they had already postured to have their lynch on 40.

I didn't know what the time difference was like between me and the mods and was running out of data/battery on my phone. I didn't my vote to go Grapefruit in the meantime. Though you are right, I should of just voted for 40 there, though I wouldn't have been able to really make any argument at that time anyways.
logic340 said:

#432 - Here is their vote for 40 it is 19 post later with nothing new to add themselves in between. (This is in reference to #413) I don't feel they did what they said they would try to do before placing that vote. Sithis calls it a sheep later on and I tend to agree with that sentiment. They didn't add their own thought or even rehash what others had said just vote 40 for weak defense against kit and kept it pushing. I spoke out against this vote, Sithis calls it a sheep, and Bursama who voted 40 calls it awkward.

I believe it was Grapefruit who said that if you are just going to summarize what people said, don't bother saying it. (Well, who ever said it didn't as exactly that, but you get the sort of idea of what said) I didn't want to repeat what everyone else said, since they already made better arguments, but I guess I will do so more now that this is the second time someone has told me to do better.

logic340 said:

I feel like rosie did things to appease Kit and Gruffin's idea of what scum hunting is.

rosielovesanime said:
If I did, I don't know how

Honestly I think that is more that the see a first time player trying their best, but being unsure of themselves. I didn't notice that 0x40 came back after their second response to Kit. Maybe he was resigned to his fate?Probably caught up in personal matters. But at least to them, it matter though that I was making some sort effort to come back and explain why I did the things I did.

logic340 said:

This is not indicative of rosie's alignment so much but I find it interesting that while 40 is getting lynched for not giving reads, rosie is getting a pass for refusing to give reasons for the reads she has give. This makes Kit and Gruffin look more scummy to me than rosie.

Except that I have been giving reasons. Maybe not good ones, maybe citing other players too much, but those are still reasons.

Jan 1, 2017 3:26 PM

Jan 2010
rosielovesanime said:
logic340 said:

My Thoughts on specific posts
#211 - The vote on Grapefruit seems pretty bogus they claim RVS but state that they are caught up (Vote happens on page 5 where they say they have read up to). Later the reason revealed it what Grapefruit said in their first post (joke about kit being a nice guy) hasn't sat well with them and they haven't shaken the feeling.

I was on page five of mobile, which is different than page five on desktop. 13 pages here is about 22~23 pages on phone. I didn't know about the difference till I got home.
logic340 said:

#300 - In this post they say that they see why people don't trust me but don't really explain why that is. They go on to say they don't think I am scum but again no reasons to support that statement. They can see why people don't trust me but I am not scum??? this is kind of a contradiction. Gruffin town at least says why they feel that way, no reason for the read on though. The comment to Sonata about not being able to act scum if they tried strikes me as odd since you don't have to act scum if you are scum. In the end I don't really think her answer really answers what I asked.

rosielovesanime said:
You are a smart player which scum would out quick right?

I guess this doesn't seem like a good enough reason, but I explain more with my response to #522
As for the comment to Sonata, it was a bit of humor to say that I couldn't be maifa because I don't know how. They said I was acting like scum, I replied with a "If I am, I don't know how" statement.
logic340 said:

#522 - No reason or examples for the town or scum reads. Even backs off the town read saying neutral better if scum (??). We are not better for the game if scum we should be killed.

Maybe I am not being clear enough. I think you are good for the game as a whole because you seem sniff out people's roles and intentions better than me. Keeping you alive is good, till you prove otherwise. Same applies to Lucian or anyone else for that matter.
logic340 said:

#369 -The unvote is weird to me considering they had already postured to have their lynch on 40.

I didn't know what the time difference was like between me and the mods and was running out of data/battery on my phone. I didn't my vote to go Grapefruit in the meantime. Though you are right, I should of just voted for 40 there, though I wouldn't have been able to really make any argument at that time anyways.
logic340 said:

#432 - Here is their vote for 40 it is 19 post later with nothing new to add themselves in between. (This is in reference to #413) I don't feel they did what they said they would try to do before placing that vote. Sithis calls it a sheep later on and I tend to agree with that sentiment. They didn't add their own thought or even rehash what others had said just vote 40 for weak defense against kit and kept it pushing. I spoke out against this vote, Sithis calls it a sheep, and Bursama who voted 40 calls it awkward.

I believe it was Grapefruit who said that if you are just going to summarize what people said, don't bother saying it. (Well, who ever said it didn't as exactly that, but you get the sort of idea of what said) I didn't want to repeat what everyone else said, since they already made better arguments, but I guess I will do so more now that this is the second time someone has told me to do better.

logic340 said:

I feel like rosie did things to appease Kit and Gruffin's idea of what scum hunting is.

rosielovesanime said:
If I did, I don't know how

Honestly I think that is more that the see a first time player trying their best, but being unsure of themselves. I didn't notice that 0x40 came back after their second response to Kit. Maybe he was resigned to his fate?Probably caught up in personal matters. But at least to them, it matter though that I was making some sort effort to come back and explain why I did the things I did.

logic340 said:

This is not indicative of rosie's alignment so much but I find it interesting that while 40 is getting lynched for not giving reads, rosie is getting a pass for refusing to give reasons for the reads she has give. This makes Kit and Gruffin look more scummy to me than rosie.

Except that I have been giving reasons. Maybe not good ones, maybe citing other players too much, but those are still reasons.
You're neutral with me right now so don't worry to much. Those were my feeling shortly after the flip I have had time to think about things and we'll see where they lead.

1. I didn't realize that mobile was that much different from desk top view. It definitely puts things in a different perspective.
2. "you are a smart player which scum would want to out right?" I don't really see how this is a reason for me not being scum? I am town so scum want to out me for that reason alone. What their methods are I could come up with many reasons but where would mere speculation get us now that we actually have real hard evidence to at our disposal.
3. Thank you for the compliment. You are great for the game too. We may not always agree, or understand one another but we all contribute in our own way whether others realize that fact or not.
4. I don't worry about the mods they have been keeping up with the vote count this game rather well. Your vote and your voice are not only your weapons for rooting out the scum they are also the tools to our shared trust and understanding. We have to find a way to use them to their full potential.
5. While what Grapefruit said has merit you cannot let that stymie your voice. If there is only on good reason then hang on it. I can't fault you for sticking to what you believe I did the same thing. It's not about getting better it's about us understanding one another and figuring out how to work together. We can disagree, I don't view Kit or Gruffin in a favorable light right now but we all had similar thoughts about Bursama and made them know.
6. I would say the point about Kit and Gruffin wanting reads really isn't a knock on you a lot of people want those but sometime it's advantageous to withhold some information. It's all a give and take I don't look at everything face value too many

So I have a few questions for you:
-if you are town do you think there was scum on the 40 train?
-If you think there were scum on the train how many?
-If you think there were scum on the train who do you think it could be?

Jan 1, 2017 3:43 PM

Oct 2014
Bursama said:
Lord_Sithis said:

Can confirm.

Catching up.
Jan 1, 2017 4:00 PM

Aug 2013
Sonata said:
Bursama said:

Can confirm.

Catching up.

Also @Lord_Sithis

In what way was he a good player?

Jan 1, 2017 4:02 PM

Aug 2013
@logic340

I am not ignoring your post. I am just on mobile again. Will be for a couple hours. Will get to it asap

Jan 1, 2017 4:25 PM

Oct 2014
I'm an absolute idiot. Fucking closed the tab after I had written a long ass post about what happened yesterday *cries*

tl;dr: leaning towards Soren (who has flown under the radar a lot aswell), and Bursama as mafia, logic being a weird case but leaning towards scum aswell (though vote on Bursama is kind of weird at this stage of the game), townreads on Gruffin, LucianRoy and Kit. Post #172 is interesting read, also check the chronological development of the voting yesterday for more info on what actually happened.

Vote: Soren, cause he's the better player of the two heavy scumreads I have, and I'm pretty certain that if he's mafia he would for sure target Mishukax first.
Jan 1, 2017 4:25 PM

Oct 2014
Fucking idiot I am.

I go sleep now, see you in teh morning.
Jan 1, 2017 4:29 PM

Dec 2016
So I"m going to come out swinging and then vanish till I get to work, hoping it's quiet because I have lot's of thoughts right now and lot's of paranoid reads

First thing is first though Vote: Bursama

In my notes from night phase I listing reasons for various NK's and for Mishu that it could be to set up a chain mislynch on me given my position on the wagon and that mishu had seeded the idea one of x40 and me could be maf.

Then it happened and Bursama immeadiately jumped on the idea that I could be scum for the NK (which makes no sense from my POV as it puts suspicion on to myself), and says this piece of nonsense:

"A good explanation would be that mafia tried to push that wagon, but felt that it really didn't get that much support and decided to NK Mishu since they probably though they couldn't manage to lynch him in the upcoming days.
(This is a also a point in favour of Grape being mafia)"

There is no world where that is a point in favor of one of us (sithis and myself) over each other. Like absolutely none and I'd love you see you explain it Bursama.

Now obviously this read is OMGUS but I did have it prepped and ready to go as I felt strongly that town was going to target an active scum leaning player and not a lurker (we need to actively hit scum today after all, can't afford a random policy lynch at this point) and felt I might be a target as I have been read as scummy at various points. BUt I'm not scum and have been hunting scum and combined with Logic's pbpa I feel like I've found one.

So @Bursama why is that quote point to me over sithis?
Maf would have lot's of reasons and sowing discord and fear is a great reason if the wagon was townie. So give me a reads on x40's wagon and some scum hunting which you have been lacking so far. More likely to find mafia there than on a nowhere wagon with two living people.
Jan 1, 2017 4:30 PM

Oct 2014
rosielovesanime said:
Sonata said:

Can confirm.

Catching up.

Also @Lord_Sithis

He's very very hard to read, very experienced and good at reading between the lines. He is also good at expressing his ideas clearly. He's one of the better and more competent players we have this game, Soren being one of them aswell.
Jan 1, 2017 4:30 PM

Jan 2010
Sonata said:
Fucking idiot I am.

I go sleep now, see you in teh morning.
I feel your pain same thing happened to me earlier when responding to rosie.

Jan 1, 2017 4:41 PM

Dec 2016
If it wasn't clear my vote isn't just about my notes called scum read on myself it's as much or more about logics pbpa which is persuasive and well said especially in regards to mudslingasco.
Jan 1, 2017 4:43 PM
Jul 2018
rosielovesanime said:
Sonata said:

Can confirm.

Catching up.

Also @Lord_Sithis

They helped town a lot. They were one of the most active players, always asking questions, always giving reads, always had a strategy. Huge asset to town.
Jan 1, 2017 4:44 PM

Jan 2010
Sonata said:
I'm an absolute idiot. Fucking closed the tab after I had written a long ass post about what happened yesterday *cries*

tl;dr: leaning towards Soren (who has flown under the radar a lot aswell), and Bursama as mafia, logic being a weird case but leaning towards scum aswell (though vote on Bursama is kind of weird at this stage of the game), townreads on Gruffin, LucianRoy and Kit. Post #172 is interesting read, also check the chronological development of the voting yesterday for more info on what actually happened.

Vote: Soren, cause he's the better player of the two heavy scumreads I have, and I'm pretty certain that if he's mafia he would for sure target Mishukax first.
Can you give me some insight into this scum read on me? and the others as well. I understand you lost your post so not rushing you.

Jan 1, 2017 4:56 PM

Oct 2014
logic340 said:
Sonata said:

Can you give me some insight into this scum read on me? and the others as well. I understand you lost your post so not rushing you.

Can't really go into much more detail sorry, both because I lost my train of thought (seriously I had like 25 tabs open while I was redacting my post to link ideas, and now it's all gone...) and because it was based off conjectures, since your case is actually a weird one like I said.

I'd go through all the thinking again, but I'm dead tired and wishing I can finally sleep (hasn't worked so far). It's 2am and don't wanna mess up my sleep schedule again -_-
Jan 1, 2017 4:57 PM

Jan 2010
@Gruffin can you do an interaction analysis for Mishu when you get back later? I need some coaching on using all these town tools to our advantage.

Jan 1, 2017 5:00 PM

Jan 2010
Sonata said:
logic340 said:

Can't really go into much more detail sorry, both because I lost my train of thought (seriously I had like 25 tabs open while I was redacting my post to link ideas, and now it's all gone...) and because it was based off conjectures, since your case is actually a weird one like I said.

I'd go through all the thinking again, but I'm dead tired and wishing I can finally sleep (hasn't worked so far). It's 2am and don't wanna mess up my sleep schedule again -_-
I definitely understand your frustration. If it come back to you I'd love yo read it..in the mean time I'll work on building trust among SoS bridge members.

Jan 1, 2017 5:08 PM

Aug 2013
Bursama said:
Lord_Sithis said:

Yeah, Mishu isn't bad, and by not being bad, that makes them good.
"If you look for a ghost, you'll find one."
Jan 1, 2017 5:09 PM

May 2012
I'm back, but very tired. -.- zzz

Give me a moment to read.
Jan 1, 2017 5:12 PM

Aug 2013
PentaFlare said:
I wouldn't be afraid of Mishu if I was mafia. Mishu is very keen and perceptive but I can't remember Mishu ever leading a lynch on anyone. I wouldn't see that as the likely cause, but that would depend on who the mafia are I guess. It is really hard to determine a cause for a night kill without knowing what the scum know.

What if they were absurdly accurate with their D1 reads?
Would you be scared of them then?
Jan 1, 2017 5:20 PM

May 2012
@Logic340 Regarding your post 644, I want to clear up my thought process from EoD.
The reason why I wanted 0x40 lynched over Rosie was because several people were taking strong stances for or against the lynch, which will become valuable information later on in the game (referring to VCA). Yeah, Rosie isn’t doing the best either and she’s been suspicious for not going into detail on her reads as I said, but only a few people had formed opinions on her up until then so if she flipped town, there would be less info gained from it. I wanted time to figure out her mindset before piling votes on to her.
Jan 1, 2017 5:23 PM

Aug 2013
Bursama said:
logic340 said:
Can you explain your reasoning please?

Mishu had 2nd most votes at the end of D1 and was the competing wagon for D1. If everyone on that wagon was town (Grape and Sithis), why would mafia NK Mishu? Mafia could've tried to push that wagon D2 and gain a mislynch.

A good explanation would be that mafia tried to push that wagon, but felt that it really didn't get that much support and decided to NK Mishu since they probably though they couldn't manage to lynch him in the upcoming days.
(This is a also a point in favour of Grape being mafia)

There was also something else in my mind a moment ago, but I forgot it. >_>
But yeah, I don't buy much into NKA because it's usually wifom. I mean, sometimes there's a pattern or something to make those claims concrete, but off a N1 kill you'd be shit outta luck.

I mean, it's like rock paper scissor, wifom that is. If scum!me could have the option to kill pocketed town, or town on my trail, or maybe a suspected power role, doc!me has to essentially guess based on a plethora of variables to prevent the kill. Those variables usually only become more apparent in the late game, but by then the scum team could switch to rock and start killing people that don't fit that criteria. Same goes for interpretation of night kills from town.

Main message, your logic isn't bad... technically, but there are too many variables that invalidate it, and make it essentially null. nulllogic.tm by LucianRoy.
Jan 1, 2017 5:33 PM

May 2012
logic340 said:
@Gruffin can you do an interaction analysis for Mishu when you get back later? I need some coaching on using all these town tools to our advantage.
I can't. ;-; Interaction analysis is more for scum flips or at least it is the way I do it, so I'm pretty useless in that regard until we catch at least one scum.
Jan 1, 2017 5:34 PM

Aug 2013
@Soren, some questions.

Is Bursama trying to use NKA a towntell, or is it null? I don't believe it's scummy since he didn't seem to try and influence anyone else's actions with the information he presented.

Did Penta try seem like he was attempting to buy gruffin's vote on me earlier? I called them out for the slight posturing they were edging towards, and then they said I looked town... I'm not sure why penta would go to such lengths to check on a TR on me with gruf, but they did.
Jan 1, 2017 5:36 PM

Aug 2014
LucianRoy said:
PentaFlare said:

What if they were absurdly accurate with their D1 reads?
Would you be scared of them then?

Yeah, probably. That would mean he is on to something and since he can explain it well, I would be worried a player more likely to push a train on someone would concur and pick up the case.
Jan 1, 2017 5:37 PM

Aug 2013
ebwop Bursama did, however, try to influence reads by saying he thought it indicated Sith is scum... but he didn't vote Sith, only presented that as a subjective bit.
Jan 1, 2017 5:40 PM

Dec 2016
@LucianRoy they also said at one point that something was in favor of ne being scum. I don't see where you are reading them not trying to influence people.
Jan 1, 2017 5:42 PM

May 2012
Okay, so when I away I was thinking back to some of my reads, and...I think I may be going about this wrong. Partially anyway. I'm satisfied with some, but others feel weak because I still don't understand the mindset of certain players, yet I decided to sort them as town because they act pro-town...But then I remembered that was the sort of thing we took advantage of in CCL.

Like Penta, Soren, and Sithis specifically aren't really that transparent to me. I may need to revisit them with this in mind.
Jan 1, 2017 5:44 PM

Aug 2013
Grapefruit21 said:
@LucianRoy they also said at one point that something was in favor of ne being scum. I don't see where you are reading them not trying to influence people.

I'm looking for action on Bursama's part, that of which, I haven't seen.
I'm looking for votes.
Jan 1, 2017 5:50 PM

Aug 2013
Sonata said:

Sooo uumm, why are you scumreading Soren?
I'm afraid the part in red is invalid logic, so you'll have to try again.
Jan 1, 2017 5:54 PM

Jan 2008
logic340 said:
I feel like I've explained this so many times already but 40 didn't seem like he was playing the game, while Rosie did. Rosie didn't fully explain reads but 40 didn't explain anything besides defending himself. Of course I find game-solving behavior to be townie and apathetic behavior to be scummy.

Gruffin said:
@Kit opinion on Rosie?
At the moment of writing (not caught up) she's mostly neutral because of lack of posts that show alignment either way, but I'm slightly leaning town on her since she seems to be acting how a newbie town would. Rosie is my friend from outside of mafia so I might have a bias (too lenient).

Gruffin said:
@Logic340 Regarding your post 644, I want to clear up my thought process from EoD.
The reason why I wanted 0x40 lynched over Rosie was because several people were taking strong stances for or against the lynch, which will become valuable information later on in the game (referring to VCA). Yeah, Rosie isn’t doing the best either and she’s been suspicious for not going into detail on her reads as I said, but only a few people had formed opinions on her up until then so if she flipped town, there would be less info gained from it. I wanted time to figure out her mindset before piling votes on to her.
@logic340 I agree with this post from Gruffin, I honestly wasn't even considering lynching Rosie since she had said so little that if she turned out town, her lynch really wouldn't help us as much as a 40 flip would, even if 40 was town as well. I might have considered lynching bursama if anyone had a good case against him at the time, but no one did. Opposing train was Mishu and I believed Mishu was town, more than 40 at least.

----

sorry for catching up so much later than my previous post... I was doing stuff all day. I'm actually a little weirded out how much traction the Bursama train has all of a sudden, since I was considering it over night as well. But everyone on the train is leaning town for me.
I'll put my vote in too, for the reason I stated in my previous post. Though I don't have a case against him as I didn't go back and iso him.

Vote: Bursama

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . anime . manga . updates . ♫♪. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jan 1, 2017 5:56 PM

Aug 2013
Hey hey, note to town, bad logic doesn't make people scum.

It's what they try to do with said bad logic that makes people scum.

Sonatta seems to have reasons other than the one bad one I pointed out, (or so I would assume), otherwise that would just be a bad vote.

Now, when it comes to bad votes, then that's scummy, and that's a justifiable reason to vote somebody if I ever saw one.

Lucianplaytheory.tm
Jan 1, 2017 5:58 PM

Aug 2013
WHOAH 10,000, you guessed it, I play this game too much.
Jan 1, 2017 5:58 PM

Dec 2016
LucianRoy said:
Grapefruit21 said:

I'm looking for votes.

Words are as important as actions as they influence other players. Votes don't. And the words are scummy.

LucianRoy said:
Sonata said:

That isn't invalid logic it is an unsupported read. And in that post they say there was more evidence that didn't come through due to forum issues. Why are you attacking said unsupported claim part rather than pushing for Sonata to explain the other parts of their reasoning?
Jan 1, 2017 5:59 PM

Aug 2013
Grapefruit21 said:
LucianRoy said:

I'm looking for votes.

Words are as important as actions as they influence other players. Votes don't. And the words are scummy.

LucianRoy said:

That isn't invalid logic it is an unsupported read. And in that post they say there was more evidence that didn't come through due to forum issues. Why are you attacking said unsupported claim part rather than pushing for Sonata to explain the other parts of their reasoning?

See post 695
Jan 1, 2017 6:00 PM

May 2012
@Bursama What do you think of Logic's 644?
Jan 1, 2017 6:02 PM

Aug 2014
LucianRoy said:
@Soren, some questions.

Is Bursama trying to use NKA a towntell, or is it null? I don't believe it's scummy since he didn't seem to try and influence anyone else's actions with the information he presented.

Did Penta try seem like he was attempting to buy gruffin's vote on me earlier? I called them out for the slight posturing they were edging towards, and then they said I looked town... I'm not sure why penta would go to such lengths to check on a TR on me with gruf, but they did.

If it helps to see what I was thinking, posturing the scumread on you when there wasn't really anything there was more to see how Gruffin would react. I'm still try be to figure Gruffin out.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (56) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» [GAME] (* ̄・ ̄)ノ Count to 30 Before a Slightly Inebriated MEMBER Posts! v1 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SoulEaterQUEEN - Mar 26, 2016

1990 by Serafos »»
Aug 17, 9:42 PM

» [GAME] Say something about the person above you ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Jul 19, 2014

3811 by Serafos »»
Aug 17, 9:42 PM

» [GAME] Last Letter Game ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

grave_robber - Sep 9, 2014

8751 by Serafos »»
Aug 17, 9:41 PM

» [GAME] (* ̄・ ̄)ノ Count to 30 Before a Slightly Inebriated Staff Member Posts! v4 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Togs - Jul 2, 2017

2867 by Serafos »»

» Count To 7777 V3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Lambtron - May 15, 2018

1160 by Serafos »»
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.