Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (201) « First ... « 75 76 [77] 78 79 » ... Last »
Jun 15, 2016 10:17 AM

Aug 2009
astroprogs said:
FalK-ON said:
Everyone talks about using their quartz to roll, meanwhile I'm just saving up all of mine waiting for J. Alter...

You're gonna wait for a loooong time, unless they do a kick ass 1 year anniversary gacha and add all the limited Servants.

ssjokg said:
I was saving for Sakura......keks

Ishtar and Parvati when?
inb4 they are in an event.

Rin is the limited Servant everyone wastes their money for(does old men for money/natural born slut) while Sakura is the free one(educated prostitute/sleeps with everyone)

http://i.imgur.com/urKKKK3.png

MEMES
Jun 15, 2016 10:42 AM

Aug 2010
Datamined(?) CEs.

ssjokg said:
inb4 they are in an event.

Rin is the limited Servant everyone wastes their money for(does old men for money/natural born slut) while Sakura is the free one(educated prostitute/sleeps with everyone)

http://i.imgur.com/urKKKK3.png

MEMES

Ishtar will be the only Servant whose bond level can only be raised by quartz.
Jun 16, 2016 7:25 AM

Mar 2015
astroprogs said:
Datamined(?) CEs.

Why couldn't this be her card art?

I want Ox King Lancer Arturia to look at me in contempt while stepping on me
Jun 18, 2016 6:14 AM

Apr 2013
Sanzou lvl 1 NP against an enemy (not Rider or Assassin) is roughly 40k. (lvl 10 battle suit attack buff only)
Sanzou lvl 5 NP against an enemy (not Rider or Assassin) is roughly 80k. (lvl 10 battle suit attack buff only)

Credits to whale friend. Her NP damage is pretty unimpressive, possibly one of the weaker single target NPs of the 5 star cast. (Caster have a -10% damage modifier)

She will obviously excel with a party centered to quickly replenishing her NP gauge, and as Astro mentioned earlier, her NP gain is pretty damn good with her buff alone. Too bad her NP is a Buster. Firing NP in quick succession is good and all but as we've learned in the previous event, you gotta hit HARD, make it COUNT and remove the threat ASAP before it rekts your shit up.

Personal conclusion: She ranges from average to situationally amazing, nice taunt, instant NP button or machine gun NP burst (with the right obtainable cards) but I would rather take a Berserker, J.Alter, Jeanne, Waver or Helena to boss battles or farming instead.

8/10 - Great with Art team. Nice card animation. Eye-sex NP animation.
6/10 - Decent, she has uses but there are other better options and tactics.
GenkiiJun 18, 2016 7:29 AM
Jun 18, 2016 8:10 AM

Aug 2010
Genkii said:
She will obviously excel with a party centered to quickly replenishing her NP gauge, and as Astro mentioned earlier, her NP gain is pretty damn good with her buff alone. Too bad her NP is a Buster. Firing NP in quick succession is good and all but as we've learned in the previous event, you gotta hit HARD, make it COUNT and remove the threat ASAP before it rekts your shit up.

This very true, but, personally, i think a Servant that can fire NPs as fast as possible while raising everyone's bars at the same time is as valuable, if not more valuable, as Servnt that can fire an amazing high damage one, but is a slog to get ready in the first place.
J. Alter's NP with the buffs is first class, no doubt about that, but her kit is really selfish, with the exception of the Dragon trait buff, so she charges with average speed, while the rest of the party charges the same/slower, thanks to lower Art cards and default regen values.
Sanzo will fire a fairly weak NP, but she'll do it amazingly often, stacking the damage, and helping the rest fire theirs MUCH faster than they are normally able to.

I think that it depends on your play style. In a Buster or a Quick team, J.alter would be great game breaking. But in Arts and QAABB teams, Sanzo is much more valuable.
Couple Sanzo with Artoria and you'll realize how broken she'll make her, for example. If J.alter was there, you'll be lucky to get a single NP fired every 4~5 turns.
Get Sanzo, J. Alter and Jack/Okita in a party, and you may well quit the game 'cause you'll never lose IMO.

In short, if you look at Sanzo as a power house like how Okita/Jack/Drake/J. Alter were, you'll be expectedly dissapointed, but i think that this isn't the way she's supposed to be utilized or looked at. She's an amazing party player, not a spearhead.
Jun 18, 2016 8:31 AM

Apr 2013
astroprogs said:

In short, if you look at Sanzo as a power house like how Okita/Jack/Drake/J. Alter were, you'll be expectedly dissapointed, but i think that this isn't the way she's supposed to be utilized or looked at. She's an amazing party player, not a spearhead.

This pretty much sums it up. Art teams aren't my thing, nor do I have the patience for it anymore. I'm more of a burst player. Set them up, hit hard, guarantee it one shots 95% of the time, leave no survivors. This would explain why (aside from the character) I instantly fell in love with J.Alter and knew I had to max everything while Sanzou I had to try really hard to get her to work the way I wanted.

I would like to depend on Sanzou more as I love genki girl characters, but her uses can be fairly limited. J.Alter on the other hand you can just shoehorn into any quest and she'll just work. Avengers are just so good and why I encouraged everyone to get her.
Jun 21, 2016 9:43 PM

Nov 2011
Use my quartz account to roll for Sanzo.

Jun 23, 2016 6:55 AM

Oct 2010
oh nice!

Congrats man. Basically the only caster 5* which have an NP that actually does damage xD
(ignoring that curse damage waver's NP does)
Jun 24, 2016 5:59 PM

Aug 2010
Jun 24, 2016 6:27 PM

Nov 2011
The last time I took part in an event is Fate Zero one. Everything after that is meaningless.

Jun 24, 2016 7:04 PM

May 2014
Mine was the KnK event. Gotta have dat Shiki.
Jun 24, 2016 7:57 PM

Apr 2013
Last time I enjoyed myself was the J.Alter event and story. Everything went downhill from the Zero event.

I'm not even using the Nightingale or Alter Lancer ce just to protest. Reading the subreddit on people feeling the same way is also entertaining.
Jun 24, 2016 8:21 PM

Oct 2008
Not even bothering with getting the new CEs. Relaxing in Florida with relatives. This event can kiss my ass.
Jun 24, 2016 8:43 PM

Nov 2011
Guess DW has run out of ideas. When you are free player, there really is nothing to look forward to. When they introduced a new servant, you are not gonna get it so you still have the same boring team even after tons of new servants introductions,events and months of playing because of the hellish gacha .

The game is not even challenging. The only to do is grind for mats to ascend your servants but that is so easy and you are left with nothing to do afterward. After the last order, I wonder what would be left.

Jun 24, 2016 9:05 PM
Jun 24, 2016 11:06 PM

Apr 2013
Hay gais I no how to make dis game challenging, let's up the bosses HP n make dem crit at a 95% rate. Brilliant!
Jun 25, 2016 2:50 AM
Mar 2010
I agree it went downhill from the fate zero event but I think in my case it's mainly because I couldn't get iskander which was too sad.

I think that if they want to do better, they need to get on with the story or even do a side related one
Jun 25, 2016 6:59 AM

Apr 2013
ren9 said:

I think that if they want to do better, they need to get on with the story or even do a side related one

Also add:
*More Content.
*Interactive fun mini games with Servants that raises bond or something. Give us a reason to enjoy our Servants more other than to battle.
*Add more voice acting.
*Raids, real raids. Just anything that would make it fun to team up with friends. Not PVP.
*Half AP uses. The more people can play different quest in a day, the more enjoyable and productive one can be.
*Most importantly, READ SUPER IMPORTANT, mana transfer mode. :3
Jun 25, 2016 7:16 AM
Mar 2010
@Genkii: pleeeeeese!!! tell me you will send that list to them so they will make all that happenedXD
Jun 25, 2016 7:22 AM

Oct 2008
Half AP uses

But I don't want to spend my whole day farming longer than I have to.
Jun 25, 2016 11:34 AM

Jul 2009
beware to swimsuit. that is an usual tactic from mobile game developpers to artificially hook free players and big wallets
else, mini game like in fate unlimited code would be welcomed
bruh
Jun 25, 2016 5:54 PM

Apr 2013
kei78 said:
beware to swimsuit. that is an usual tactic from mobile game developpers to artificially hook free players and big wallets

Kei I'm sorry but if Jeanne (+her dark half), Scathach or Nero are in swimsuits... I won't be able to resist spending big mullah. >.<

I am a part of the problem.
Jun 25, 2016 11:28 PM

Jul 2009
Genkii said:
kei78 said:

Kei I'm sorry but if Jeanne (+her dark half), Scathach or Nero are in swimsuits... I won't be able to resist spending big mullah. >.<

I am a part of the problem.

I know from expérience ... I Hv spent over 4k on some games...

But if DW is not too stupid, they Will release 3 3*, 2 4* and 1 5*, 10 Ce with 1 we can choose for free (like during White Day)

If so you can expect medusa and her Sister, Boudica, Elizabeth, Nero, combo of saber and medea lily,scathach and cu, Jeanne combo... And some female fan service with fudoshi ^^'

Well im telling that but i Dt know what they are planning. But i Hv work for mobile game développer so i wd Do that

Édit
Another solution is fucking grinding like St Valentin event to get CE
kei78Jun 25, 2016 11:31 PM
bruh
Jun 26, 2016 1:44 AM

Apr 2013
kei78 said:

MY FELLOW WHALE BROTHER! Let us majestically body slam the ocean and send a wave of water towards our fellow club friends. In the name of love and friendship.
Jun 26, 2016 3:25 AM

Jul 2009
Genkii said:
kei78 said:

MY FELLOW WHALE BROTHER! Let us majestically body slam the ocean and send a wave of water towards our fellow club friends. In the name of love and friendship.

XD
Count me in
bruh
Jun 26, 2016 3:37 AM

Aug 2010
I think with how bad the reception of the latest events went with the Japanese playerbase, DW might try something new to shake things up a bit.

I know i'm most likely setting myself up for dissappointment, but still. I'm betting on DW's panic and desire to not piss off the whales rther than their dignity as developers.

Kei, i definitly see what you're saying as DW seems to really have limited imagination and perception of what it considers "fun" and "new"; fanservice, fanservice and if people are still upset, then there's simply not enough fanservice yet. However, unless they rush the hell out of it, the swimsuit event propably won't happen before August at the very least IMO. They'll need to do something fast and do it well until the next event.

Genkii said:

*Interactive fun mini games with Servants that raises bond or something. Give us a reason to enjoy our Servants more other than to battle.

I still can't comprehend how this wasn't one of the main features at launch. For a Fate game, GO is unbelievably low effort.
Jun 27, 2016 4:20 AM

Aug 2010
6M DL Campaign

Duration: 29/6 to 6/7

- Half AP for Free Quests.
- Chance for Great Success / Super Success is doubled for Leveling Servants and CEs.

New Daily Login Reward:

- Dragon Fangs will replace Hero Proof.

New Enemies in Daily Quests:

- Enemies from Chapter III to Chapter V will be added to Daily Quests (will now include Gears, Horseshoes, Babies and all America mats)

6M DL Package in Mana Prism shop:

- Contains 6m QP/60k FP/6 Gold Apples/6 Silver Apples/6 Copper Apples/6 Gold Exp Cards.

Limited SSR CE in Mana Prism shop:

- Replace Personal Training.
- Increase Mystic Code EXP by 2%.

Mashu level cap increased from 50 to 60

Gacha Renewal

- Limited SSR Scathach.

- Old 3* CEs restricted to FP Gacha and Story Gacha.
- 5 new useless 3* CEs added to Gacha pool.
Jun 27, 2016 4:53 AM

Apr 2013
Sensei's back! \o/
Jun 27, 2016 5:06 AM

May 2014
astroprogs said:

- Dragon Fangs will replace Hero Proof.

I haven't been this mad in a long time.
Jun 27, 2016 11:11 AM
Sep 2010
astroprogs said:
- 5 new useless 3* CEs added to Gacha pool.

I hope that mapo tofu gives exp bonus to Kirei CEs.
Jun 28, 2016 12:26 AM

Aug 2010
So... with the next version update (1.11.0), the following terminals will not be able to play the game:

- Rooted phones
- Jailbroken phones
- Modified apks
- Emulators
- USB debug mode

This update is scheduled for July 7th

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/4q81es/1110_or_wtf_dw/d4qxd3q

Who the hell is making the decisions at DW?

I can kinda understand disallowing emulators and such, but rooted phones and enabled USB debug mode? Are you insane?

Well, i'm not willing to unroot my phone, so if things like RootCloak don't work, i think that will be it for me with GO.
Jun 28, 2016 12:46 AM

Nov 2011
Git gud, play Grandblue. I can't wait to see the result of this retarded decision by DW.

Jun 28, 2016 1:04 AM

Apr 2013
I've been a good boy :>
Jun 28, 2016 5:44 AM

Oct 2010
astroprogs said:
So... with the next version update (1.11.0), the following terminals will not be able to play the game:

- Rooted phones

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/4q81es/1110_or_wtf_dw/d4qxd3q

And now they gave me a reason to stop playing.

Thank you DW.

And now even willing to argue how blocking Jailbroken phones and Emulators is absurd.
(modified apks is understandable and USB debug you can at least disable while playing (but still bullshit)).
BonssonsJun 28, 2016 5:50 AM
Jun 28, 2016 6:47 AM

Oct 2010

*just wanted to use this picture*
Jun 28, 2016 7:39 AM

Sep 2014
astroprogs said:

- Rooted phones
- Jailbroken phones
- Modified apks
- Emulators
- USB debug mode

Explaaaaaaaain.
The sun is a deadly laser
Jun 28, 2016 8:03 AM

May 2014
mira-pyon said:
astroprogs said:

- Rooted phones
- Jailbroken phones
- Modified apks
- Emulators
- USB debug mode

Explaaaaaaaain.

Emulators or phones that've been tampered with.

You'd know if you were using either ^_^
Jun 28, 2016 8:51 AM

Sep 2014
WrongPriest said:
mira-pyon said:

Explaaaaaaaain.

Waaaaaaaaaait. Does that mean Memu is off limits?
The sun is a deadly laser
Jun 28, 2016 9:34 AM

Jun 2015
That's one way to piss off most of your playerbase. Sugoi DW.

Jun 28, 2016 9:41 AM

Aug 2010
mira-pyon said:
WrongPriest said:

Waaaaaaaaaait. Does that mean Memu is off limits?

We don't know at the moment. Memu is special because it has a non-root mode and custom ADB and IMEI. It should be able to operate under the radar, but we don't know if it leaves a unique and identifiable fingerprint that the new version can pick up on.

TLDR; Wait and hope.
Jun 28, 2016 12:28 PM

Oct 2008
astroprogs said:

- Rooted phones
- Jailbroken phones
- Modified apks
- Emulators
- USB debug mode

Nice soft-ban. Sasuga DW.
Jun 28, 2016 12:56 PM

Jan 2015
There's a Memu solution for Memu users about disabling the root mode to prevent DW from banning anyone from playing Memu emulator: https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/4qb7jx/posible_memu_solution/, but who knows if it's working and safe for anyone to play the game on Memu or not after July 7. So we'll see what happens after the next week.

I think Bluestacks is probably safe since it doesn't have a root mode and its device is like Samsung Galaxy S IV. I hope it works for me to play the game. If not, then I'll quit playing the game and give my account to someone who uses the phone to play.
Jun 28, 2016 5:33 PM

Apr 2013
Remember guys. This is NOT a BAN. F/GO app will simply REFUSE to RUN.

There will be alternatives ways around this.

As upsetting as it is, you all knew perfectly well the risk involved playing on an emulator when the game was exclusively designed for phones and tablets. Rooted phones on the other hand is a super gray area. It is considered illegal but isn't enforced and there's special leeways and loopholes depending on Countries. Again it too, carries a risk.

Remember, rooted and jailbroken phones may be okay unofficially in your area (and an acceptable act because 'everyone is doing it') but F/GO is first and foremost a Japanese property subjected to their laws, policies and protection. They are a business first and foremost out for money. IF, this is a big IF, all those affected are heavy cash users, enough to affect their profit margin they may rethink this (I regretfully doubt this but hey, prove me wrong).

astroprogs said:

TLDR; Wait and hope.

[Edit] Seems a lot of Japanese players are laughing at our misfortunes and even quoting people on the subreddit. lol
GenkiiJun 28, 2016 5:42 PM
Jun 28, 2016 6:49 PM

Aug 2010
Genkii said:
Remember guys. This is NOT a BAN. F/GO app will simply REFUSE to RUN.

There will be alternatives ways around this.

As upsetting as it is, you all knew perfectly well the risk involved playing on an emulator when the game was exclusively designed for phones and tablets. Rooted phones on the other hand is a super gray area. It is considered illegal but isn't enforced and there's special leeways and loopholes depending on Countries. Again it too, carries a risk.

Remember, rooted and jailbroken phones may be okay unofficially in your area (and an acceptable act because 'everyone is doing it') but F/GO is first and foremost a Japanese property subjected to their laws, policies and protection. They are a business first and foremost out for money. IF, this is a big IF, all those affected are heavy cash users, enough to affect their profit margin they may rethink this (I regretfully doubt this but hey, prove me wrong).

astroprogs said:

TLDR; Wait and hope.

[Edit] Seems a lot of Japanese players are laughing at our misfortunes and even quoting people on the subreddit. lol

This is all very reminiscent of Blizzard shutting down the WoW fan-maintained legacy servers. It was never about it being their right, as of course it is, it's about not respecting their playerbase and only benefiting themselves while not giving a shit about their customers. In any given buisness, when you ask someone to give you their time, money or both, you become obligated to serve them in both the ToS and in practice, not pull the rug suddenly from beneath their feet after a whole year. If you were gonna ban certain terminals, do it from the very beggining and enforce it in the code at launch, not when people are already this invested in your game.

From a buisness standpoint, this is a classic closed-minded move that you can only see from the Japanese software market. This is not a boxed product. In F2P mobile games you need to get as much people in as possible and work on getting them to pay for the microtransactions. You need to lower the entry barrier as much as you can, not add asinine restrictions that will only shrink your playerbase more and more. Love Live did it much better and was in your face about it from the get go, so few people cared at the time. They didn't invest anything yet, so it's much easier to make the decision to pass on the game.

Rooting phones isn't illegal in Japan. The only reason to ban rooted devices (and that applies to emulators and USB debug mode) is to prevent access to the Linux terminal and prevent packet tracing. That won't stop the datamining, but will stop analyzing the packets and modifying the files without a server check. ALL of this is essentially there to reduce their own server costs. To reduce unwanted traffic and save money on expanding their servers.

How this will all pan out will remain to be seen in a week or two after the update. Let's wait and see.
Jun 28, 2016 7:09 PM

Apr 2013
Business ethnics can be debated to death with too many different reasonings, point of views and 'whats right' but will ultimately boil down to "muh feelings" on the matter.

A lot of people, hell the majority absolutely dislike the microtransaction practice, yet it's still here because companies still make hundreds of millions from the minority. Looking at you EA. My point? They can do damaging acts for years and not listen yet if people are still spending money, regardless of a huge drop in players, it is still considered a win. Money talks and bullshit walks.

So yes, wait and see.

I've personally invested quite a lot of money myself and if one day they straight up ban foreigners I'd simply move on with my head held up high. I knew the risk of playing a mobage that I shouldn't have been able to legally install on my phone and I'm responsible enough to accept them.
GenkiiJun 28, 2016 7:26 PM
Jun 28, 2016 7:50 PM

Aug 2010
Genkii said:
Business ethnics can be debated to death with too many different reasonings, point of views and 'whats right' but will ultimately boil down to "muh feelings" on the matter.

A lot of people, hell the majority absolutely dislike the microtransaction practice, yet it's still here because companies still make hundreds of millions from the minority. Looking at you EA. My point? They can do damaging acts for years and not listen yet if people are still spending money, regardless of a huge drop in players, it is still considered a win. Money talks and bullshit walks.

So yes, wait and see.

I've personally invested quite a lot of money myself and if one day they straight up ban foreigners I'd simply move on with my head held up high. I knew the risk of playing a mobage that I shouldn't have been able to legally install on my phone and I'm responsible enough to accept them.

Customers' tolerance isn't an endless well, though. People have been expressing dissatisfaction ever since the game launched, but are still playing because they consider all the shortcomings to be worth it, micro transactions are the biggest example of this as you said, but when the scale tips the other way, especially if it was done in a disrespectful manner, you'll be surprised how the casual customer will make it their life's mission to watch that business burn and die.

Say whatever you want about EA and ubisoft, but they're damn competent when it counts. They'll push to get more and more out of their customers, but they know exactly when not to push it. Look at the whole Simcity shit show for an example.

If you want to see examples of corporations making the scale tip the other way, look at Diablo 3 or how Microsoft handled GFWL. People won't care if you squeezed them dry if you succeeded in making them feel they got their money's worth. Smart managements realize this and try to give illusion of added value to make it much easier to swallow. They only need to make the customer feel like they're the ones benefiting from the change.

Delight Works is so blind to this concept in their practices, I just can't see them going forward with the same mindset for too long in this industry. The Fate name can only carry them for so long.

I agree with you on the last sentence, though. Double for me, even, as I haven't invested any money to feel like they owe me anything.
The real downside for me TBH is that I won't be able to engage in conversation about the game with you guys anymore. Discussing stuff as new story content, events and gameplay changes rolled in was a real and true pleasure I would be sad to let go of.

Also, the complaining. Can't forget the complaining :p
astroprogsJun 28, 2016 7:54 PM
Jun 28, 2016 7:59 PM

May 2014
I've actually always really appreciated the quality of life changes DW have made.
Jun 28, 2016 8:05 PM

Aug 2010
WrongPriest said:
I've actually always really appreciated the quality of life changes DW have made.

Stop it with this shit. No positive opinions are allowed around here.
astroprogsJun 28, 2016 8:10 PM
Jun 28, 2016 8:09 PM

Apr 2013
Different companies, different audiences. We just gotta wait and see how the Japanese players take this. And no I wasn't criticizing Ubisoft or EA. I am completely neutral and logical about this. If I was in their shoes I'd do the same, minimize effort and resources, cut content and make them dlc, make it seem like we care about quality with beautiful languages, maximize profit.

Complaining is always fun. And waifu pic humping. The latter being the most important. Dohohoho
Jun 28, 2016 8:23 PM

Aug 2010
Genkii said:
Different companies, different audiences. We just gotta wait and see how the Japanese players take this. And no I wasn't criticizing Ubisoft or EA. I am completely neutral and logical about this. If I was in their shoes I'd do the same, minimize effort and resources, cut content and make them dlc, make it seem like we care about quality with beautiful languages, maximize profit.

Complaining is always fun. And waifu pic humping. The latter being the most important. Dohohoho

Even if the company is making cocaine and the audiance is the addicts, i'd still say it's not that different. Novelty and excitement fades unless something changes, so i wouldn't bet on the Japanses players' resilience for long. They may not care for this change, but the change itself reflects a mindset that will surely bite them in the ass sooner or later.
As a customer i should only look for my benifit as a customer exactly like how the corporations look out for theirs and only for theirs. They're free to try benefiting on my expense, and i'm free to criticize them and turn my digital voice into PR hell for them.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (201) « First ... « 75 76 [77] 78 79 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» [Non-Type-Moon] All-around Discussions v2 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShinsoPriest - Aug 10, 2021

9683 by astroprogs »»
Yesterday, 6:38 AM

» [Fate/Gaming] All-around Discussions [IT'S HAPPENING!!!!!!! F/SN REMSATERED!!!!!!!] ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

astroprogs - Dec 10, 2015

635 by ShinsoPriest »»
Sep 26, 2:01 PM

Sticky: » [Fate/Grand Order] All-around Discussions v4 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

mira-pyon - Aug 6, 2021

1383 by kei78 »»
Sep 20, 11:58 PM

» Seasonal Anime Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kaiser-chan - Apr 18, 2018

7307 by astroprogs »»
Sep 7, 6:40 PM

» Fan Art Thread. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

mira-pyon - Oct 13, 2015

2590 by Nyarly-Kanamin »»
Sep 6, 4:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.