Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 4, 2014 3:26 PM

Aug 2013
I'll be at home all day tomorrow and It has been quite a while since I marathoned something. I'm looking for something exciting that will make me sit through all episodes. By exciting I don't mean battle shounen. That's not my type. I need something with a great plot and storytelling. Also some plot twists will spice up things.

I actually need something like these:

Death Note
Mirai Nikki
Shinsekai Yori
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica
Steins;Gate

I marathoned Death Note and Mirai Nikki before so they are good examples. 12-14 episodes preferred.
Feb 4, 2014 3:32 PM

Sep 2007
Those are actually pretty good, so here are some recommendations from me:

Terra e...
12 Kingdoms
Fantastic Children
Monster
Casshern Sins
Princess Tutu
Shiki
Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom

Pick whatever best suits your mood.
Feb 4, 2014 3:32 PM

Oct 2013
psycho pass
zetsuen no tempest

those are both longer. for a shorter series you could watch nisemonogatari.
Feb 4, 2014 3:53 PM

Jul 2012
Little Busters is a good one. Refrain (second season of LB) is definitely one of my all-time favorites and probably tops After Story in terms of feels, and you seemed to love Keys previous work so definitely give that a try.

Samurai Champloo is really intense. Everything in that show from the art to the soundtrack and characters, its all really interesting and nice. The last three episodes of that show was some of the most intense stuff I've ever seen.

Welcome to the NHK is a neat story about a hikikomori who thinks all of his otaku problems of being a NEET (Not in Employment, Education or Training) is a conspiracy by the company NHK. Its can be sad too, I hear a lot of people drop it cause they relate to it too much.

Azumanga Daioh if you don't care about plot, but want some of the best slice of life comedy that is out there.
Feb 4, 2014 4:16 PM

Aug 2009
Bakuman...
The easiest 3 season series to marathon...
Feb 4, 2014 4:16 PM

Jan 2011
Monster
Now and Then, Here and There
Legend of the Galactic Heroes
Fate Zero
Higurashi
Feb 4, 2014 4:17 PM

Feb 2013
Psycho-Pass for sure
Well, how about this. My "luck" versus this thing's "curse". Wanna see what's stronger..? If I lose, then I'm just that much of a man anyways.

Feb 4, 2014 4:20 PM

Aug 2013
Joshua1207 said:
Little Busters is a good one. Refrain (second season of LB) is definitely one of my all-time favorites and probably tops After Story in terms of feels, and you seemed to love Keys previous work so definitely give that a try.

Samurai Champloo is really intense. Everything in that show from the art to the soundtrack and characters, its all really interesting and nice. The last three episodes of that show was some of the most intense stuff I've ever seen.

Welcome to the NHK is a neat story about a hikikomori who thinks all of his otaku problems of being a NEET (Not in Employment, Education or Training) is a conspiracy by the company NHK. Its can be sad too, I hear a lot of people drop it cause they relate to it too much.

Azumanga Daioh if you don't care about plot, but want some of the best slice of life comedy that is out there.
I actually watched the first 2 episodes of Little Busters before but it felt like a second Angel Beats in terms of character personalities and friendship. So I dropped it. I heard so many good things about Refrain though. Now you are saying that it pwned Clannad AS( my favorite :D) so I became curious. Also we have high anime compatibility so maybe I should listen to you and start watching it again.
Feb 4, 2014 4:22 PM

Sep 2007
newgard said:
Bakuman...
The easiest 3 season series to marathon...

Sooo true!

Also, Monster - the masterpiece of all masterpieces

Feb 4, 2014 4:49 PM
Jan 2014
I would say Elfen lied but after checking your list you've already seen it :P

Check out "Hellsing: Ultimate" 8 episodes it's an OVA and has a full duration of ~8 hours. Quite the epicness in all aspects and I actually prefer ultimate to the anime Hellsing. Alucard is a such a beast in the OVA you have no idea.
Feb 4, 2014 5:24 PM

Jul 2012
HardTouch said:
I actually watched the first 2 episodes of Little Busters before but it felt like a second Angel Beats in terms of character personalities and friendship. So I dropped it. I heard so many good things about Refrain though. Now you are saying that it pwned Clannad AS( my favorite :D) so I became curious. Also we have high anime compatibility so maybe I should listen to you and start watching it again.

Definitely start watching it again. A lot of anime start off slow and Little Busters isn't any different. And I didn't like Angel Beats at all and I loved LB. Even if you don't like the first season too much, its definitely worth it for Refrain. Like I said, its the only thing that has topped Clannad AS in terms of feels for me.
Feb 4, 2014 5:34 PM

Aug 2013
+1 Welcome to the NHK
+1 Psycho-Pass
Kara no Kyoukai movie series (treat all 7 movies as a series)
Gankutsuou

-1 Monster While i consider the show to be very good and can definitely see the argument for it being a masterpiece, I myself as a person that marathons a majority of the shows i watch had a very difficult time doing so with it. The slow pacing and long length definitely hurt it in this regard.
Feb 4, 2014 5:47 PM

Apr 2013
Code Geass
Ergo Proxy
Claymore
Darker Than Black
Gantz
Full Metal Panic
I know some animes from there are not treated as masterpieces but they worth your time!
Feb 4, 2014 7:20 PM

Apr 2012
Honey and Clover

Feb 4, 2014 7:22 PM

Nov 2012
Only Legend of the Galactic Heroes and Monster are the masterpieces worth to marathon.
"The Goddess of victory is waving her underwear in your faces!"
Fritz Josef Bittenfield (Legend of the Galactic Heroes)

Feb 4, 2014 9:39 PM
Aug 2013
I HIGHLY recommend Zetsuen no Tempest

More topics from this board

» Any romances that have a happy or somewhat conclusive ending that I havent watched?

theanimefreak95 - Yesterday

5 by MeguSae38 »»
52 minutes ago

» What anime/manga should I give a second chance to?

Mady3-2 - 3 hours ago

3 by Faisal-Abdulhadi »»
60 minutes ago

» Looking for anime recs

Saiunknown - 7 hours ago

4 by Faisal-Abdulhadi »»
3 hours ago

» Is there any anime or manga with this plot?

aLotQuestion_ - Yesterday

3 by aLotQuestion_ »»
Yesterday, 11:00 AM

» Recommend me Action+Adventure Anime based on my List

Chisuku - May 20

7 by Zarutaku »»
Yesterday, 9:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.