Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 6, 2007 4:10 PM

Aug 2007
This thread is for any kind of official news that you read on Heroes, the characters, the graphic novels or anything else!
Usotsuki. 
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Nov 6, 2007 4:11 PM

Aug 2007
Heroes' second season may be coming to a close a lot sooner than expected due to the forthcoming apocalypse, also known in some circles as the damn writers' strike.

Sources confirm that the show is going back and shooting an alternate ending to the Dec. 3 episode that, if used, would allow the episode to function as a season finale in the event of a strike. Originally, the episode was only supposed to serve as the conclusion of the current "Generations" arc. Should an 11th-hour agreement be reached and a strike averted (fingers crossed!), the alt ending would likely be scrapped.

In related news, the reality of this whole thing is only now hitting me. And I'm not happy.

Source: TVGuide.com
Usotsuki. 
Nov 6, 2007 4:20 PM

Aug 2007
Fears of a writers strike may have already contributed to a decision NBC made Wednesday to pull the highly anticipated spinoff miniseries of its hit "Heroes" from a midseason launch.

NBC declined comment, but "Heroes: Origins" is not going to get its six-episode run, which was expected to start as early as late April. While the network hasn't officially canceled the spinoff, producers of the series have been given no indication of when it might get a spot on the schedule.

Sources indicated "Origins" may be just the first of many projects lined up at the broadcast networks in 2008 that will get downgraded as a result of the potential strike, which could severely affect the TV industry. Budget allocations made months ago for a range of scripted programs, many of which will not be feasible without sidelined writers, will likely be reconsidered and potentially shifted to strike-proof material like reality and news programs.

"Origins" had been highly touted as a midseason addition since NBC's upfront in May, when then-entertainment president Kevin Reilly envisioned spelling "Heroes" when it took a late-season hiatus. The network had been promoting "Origins" well in advance of its premiere, noting the enlistment of such top directors as Kevin Smith and Eli Roth to write and direct select episodes.

However, it is also possible that NBC, now under the creative direction of Ben Silverman, may have seen its enthusiasm diminish for an expansion of the "Heroes" franchise given a pronounced ratings drop-off in recent weeks for the flagship series.

It is unclear at what stage "Origins" was in the preproduction process, though it is unlikely scripts had been completed.

In other NBC news, unscripted series "The Singing Bee" has been yanked from the schedule for the upcoming November sweeps period in favor of expanded two-hour installments of "The Biggest Loser."

Source - http://www.hollywoodreporter.com
Usotsuki. 
Sep 1, 2008 3:32 PM

Oct 2007
22nd Sepember and that's when it begins againnn! The weekly thrill of anticipation >=D.

Can't wait.

I also heard this news, it regards some information on the 4th Volume, just the title; but just in case I spoilered it anyway =D. I got it from Eztv.

Sep 7, 2008 1:45 PM

Aug 2007
Heroes News! Sylar News. SUPER SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Usotsuki. 
Sep 7, 2008 2:04 PM

Aug 2007
And the Fugitives name makes me think that we should think Sylar has won and has caused the Heroes to go into hiding, but.. personally, I kind of fear Matt going evil more. >.>;

I need more Haitian news. I swear, I hope his father is one of the villains, I am highly obsessed with him and his arc in the graphic novels and his power. D:
Usotsuki. 
Sep 7, 2008 2:38 PM

Aug 2007
I also uploaded the season 3 artwork promos to my gallery, so enjoy. ^_^

http://onelasage.com/images/main.php?g2_itemId=41169
Usotsuki. 
Sep 7, 2008 4:50 PM

Mar 2008
I saw those yesterday! I am excited about the next season!
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Favorite Heroes Character

aznixiboy - Oct 20, 2007

29 by Prudence »»
May 4, 2010 1:42 PM

» What kind of Heroe/Villian would you be?

banthacrap - Apr 14, 2009

1 by Prudence »»
May 4, 2010 1:38 PM

» Heroes Volume 3: Villians Discussion ( 1 2 )

Asrialys - Sep 22, 2008

53 by Kakkun »»
Feb 19, 2009 2:06 PM

» "Future = Unchangeable" Theory

Ahenshihael - Dec 9, 2008

3 by aoikishu »»
Jan 10, 2009 6:34 PM

» Heroes Season 3 SPOILERS.

Yandere - Sep 7, 2008

4 by Yandere »»
Sep 7, 2008 2:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.