Forum Settings
Forums
New
In general, do you like or dislike the changes the director has made to the story in adapting the manga to anime?
May 14, 2012 11:45 AM

Jul 2010
Ayumu Watanabe-sensei, the director of the MGX anime, has made some minor changes in the story as he adapts a great slice-of-life manga into anime. Among those changes are:
- Some added scenes of Tsubaki and Ueno talking around the soda machine, with Tsubaki asking Ueno for relationship advice, though he denies having a girlfriend, as does Ueno. (This is before Tsubaki knows about Ueno and Oka.)

- Changing the PE class from coed to separated. This changes a few things, such as the events from chapter 5, where the boys are looking forward to the first day of coed swimming.

- Changing the order of events, putting some of the summer chapters together that were not together in the manga, as well as switching up the order of the chapters in general.

- Their official "first date" is the trip to the ocean, not a trip to the movies, followed by shopping for pajamas... (I'll miss that one if they don't do that part of the storyline! I love it!)

- Some other minor, but significant, changes like:

What do you folks think? Are the changes good, bad, mixed, or indifferent?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jul 14, 2012 3:38 PM

Jun 2009
havent seen it but i will definitely hate it.

Jul 14, 2012 8:05 PM

Jul 2010
Why? It was a great series! Very faithful to the manga, with only minor changes to the story, and one of the finest examples of adaptation from the original source I have seen. Don't knock it until you've tried it! :)
Jul 21, 2012 2:39 PM

Jul 2012
Well i think that some changes were good and some were bad but this is expected because there is no perfect anime or manga yet i liked that someone else tried to compare the manga and the anime and although these changes were good and bad in same time this didnot effect the overall point of view, which is the manga and anime of MGX are so cool and awesome
Aug 19, 2012 1:56 PM
Aug 2012
After watching the entire anime and reading the entire manga all in one Saturday, I love all the changes. I really do hope there will be a season two... I mean what romance anime ends without even one kiss lol
Aug 28, 2012 1:26 AM

Aug 2008
I really like a few of the changes - Tsubaki saying he'd help her out at school on his own accord, the extended attempts of trying to hold her hand made his frustration more real, and saying he likes the photo he took of her instead of begrudgingly accepting it.

Felt more to the spirit of what MGX is all about.

Only change I wasn't so sure about was having her cure his cold after they go to the beach - in the manga this happened beforehand, so would be more understandable if she's a bit embarrassed to show him. I actually thought it was a bit weird doing it this was weird when I watched the show, before I'd even read the manga.

Generally though, most of the changes I've been fine with or even preferred.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» English Manga Volumes

Plan-B - Sep 13, 2013

2 by Plan-B »»
Oct 26, 2013 9:42 PM

» Blu-Ray release schedule

BudokaZ - Sep 2, 2012

1 by zensunni »»
Sep 2, 2012 5:19 PM

» Why do you read "Mysterious Girlfriend X"?

MyFriendSam - Jan 7, 2009

20 by Allografter »»
Aug 29, 2012 8:35 AM

» Urabe's personality changing?

BudokaZ - Aug 28, 2012

0 by BudokaZ »»
Aug 28, 2012 1:27 AM

» What chapters should the anime adapt?

zensunni - Apr 18, 2012

5 by onomatopellan »»
Jul 6, 2012 2:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.