Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 30, 8:08 PM
Jan 2019
Every background shot and water sky it just looks so good I miss cel animation out every thing I've seen cowboy bebop and nascuca valley wind looks the best

Please recommend more if there is any
Sep 30, 8:44 PM
Jun 2021
very astentic fr

another show that’s super similar to cowboy bebop in art style and storyline is Samurai champloo, amazing animation and soundtrack couldn’t reccomend a better one to watch
Sep 30, 8:59 PM
Jan 2019
Reply to omana
very astentic fr

another show that’s super similar to cowboy bebop in art style and storyline is Samurai champloo, amazing animation and soundtrack couldn’t reccomend a better one to watch
@omana I've had it on my list for years but like bepo I could only enjoy with a more adult perspective

I only like a handful of dubs bepobis great but is champloo a good one too or what
Sep 30, 9:47 PM

Jul 2021
Megalo Box and its sequel reminded me a lot of Cowboy Bebop. The griminess, the thick outlines, the downright dystopian future setting, the stylish hip-hop/electronic soundtrack. Even the main character looks a little like Spike, just a little cockier and meaner. Character designs generally feel old-timey.

Highly recommend it, even if you don't care for boxing. I just loved the experience of watching it.
Sep 30, 11:17 PM
Aug 2022
Watch Samurai Champloo. 2nd best anime soundtrack oat. Same feel as Cowboy Bebop as well. RIP Nujabes πŸ™ .
Sep 30, 11:21 PM

Jan 2021
This is the worst spelling of aesthetic I ever saw.
spiritual successor of lord rothchild.
Sep 30, 11:40 PM

Jan 2018
i love astentic 90s anime
modern anime looks so bad cos they're not hand drawn anymore πŸ˜”
Sep 30, 11:41 PM
May 2022
you mean aesthetic?
Sep 30, 11:59 PM
Nov 2019
Yeah the aesthetic is great, Samurai Champloo too
Oct 1, 12:15 AM
Jan 2023
0451 said:

what do you mean modern anime looks bad😑😑
Oct 1, 12:16 AM
Aug 2024
Space Dandy, created by Shinichiro Watanabe, shares a universe connection with Cowboy Bebop. One episode resolves the mystery of the parasite infested fridge from Cowboy Bebop. I highly recommend checking it out.
Oct 1, 12:18 AM

Jan 2018
Reply to tanjim_ahsan16
0451 said:

@tanjim_ahsan16 ye vro
modern anime too much fan service and too much bright cgi that hurts my eyes
Oct 1, 12:26 AM
Apr 2022
Most 90s & 80s anime got this
Oct 1, 5:07 AM
Jan 2023
0451 said:
@tanjim_ahsan16 ye vro

then just wash your eyes with sanitizer
Oct 1, 5:17 AM

Jan 2018
Reply to tanjim_ahsan16
0451 said:
@tanjim_ahsan16 ye vro

then just wash your eyes with sanitizer
@tanjim_ahsan16 will do
arigatho gozarimas 4 sharing ur experience my bruddah
Oct 1, 5:32 AM
Jan 2023
0451 said:
@tanjim_ahsan16 will do
arigatho gozarimas 4 sharing ur experience my bruddah

mhm well dude I get that you like pre 2000s animes and there's nothing wrong with it I know but that doesn't means you just insult new gen animes it's not cool.... but no offense maddo saintist
tanjim_ahsan16Oct 1, 5:35 AM
Oct 1, 6:28 AM
Feb 2020
ong this show is mad astentic
Oct 1, 7:17 AM
Feb 2021
Like others have said, I recommend Samurai Champloo and Megalo Box if you're looking for a similar vibe. I'd also add Michiko e Hatchin.
Oct 1, 7:32 AM
Mar 2022
try outlaw star, it was made by the same studio and has a different animation style, but it's still a 90s sci-fi western that has good characters, along with pretty awesome fights. it's on Hulu
Oct 1, 8:23 AM

Oct 2022
perseii said:
Megalo Box and its sequel reminded me a lot of Cowboy Bebop. The griminess, the thick outlines, the downright dystopian future setting, the stylish hip-hop/electronic soundtrack. Even the main character looks a little like Spike, just a little cockier and meaner. Character designs generally feel old-timey.

Highly recommend it, even if you don't care for boxing. I just loved the experience of watching it.

Yo, I just started watching Megalo Box yesterday and came here to say this. It did a great job of capturing the feel of 90s/00s anime, especially with the art style and soundtrack.
Gachiakuta is the greatest manga of all time
Oct 1, 8:51 AM
Feb 2020
0451 said:
@tanjim_ahsan16 ye vro

depends on what you're watching. not everything from the 90s was like Cowboy Bebop, and not everything modern is bad 3DCG and egregious fanservice. you gotta look for the good stuff
Oct 1, 9:52 AM

Sep 2022
Along with Space Dandy I'd also add Outlaw Star up there to if you want that Space Dandy sci-fi vibe, but with that classic 90s cell animation. Incredible series
I'm the sonny boy (οΏ£yβ–½,οΏ£)β•­
Oct 1, 8:16 PM
Jan 2019
Reply to Cielord
This is the worst spelling of aesthetic I ever saw.
@Cielord auto correct wasn't working and I was to exhausted to care Mr grammar police
Oct 1, 8:22 PM

Jan 2021
Reply to mydaddy
@Cielord auto correct wasn't working and I was to exhausted to care Mr grammar police
@mydaddy Aesthetic isn't a word that difficult to need autocorrect for, lol.

And grammar police? What, you got insulted? LMAO. I didn't mean to insult you; just as I said, “This was the worst spelling of...”
spiritual successor of lord rothchild.
Oct 1, 8:48 PM
Jan 2019
Reply to Cielord
@mydaddy Aesthetic isn't a word that difficult to need autocorrect for, lol.

And grammar police? What, you got insulted? LMAO. I didn't mean to insult you; just as I said, “This was the worst spelling of...”
@Cielord no I didn't mean that as insult it's just how I talk/type as long as you don't use racist slurs nothing really offensive me

Aesthetic may not be difficult for you maybe but not for everyone we're all different in fact I've never even heard the word until January of this year we have different experiences
Oct 1, 11:06 PM
Nov 2021
omana said:
very astentic fr

Based, samurai champloo is my favorite anime, and the added on bonus of nujabes is the icing on the cake
Oct 2, 2:35 PM
Apr 2022
tanjim_ahsan16 said:
0451 said:

Icl from aesthetic pov he is right
Oct 2, 2:39 PM
Jul 2024
mydaddy said:
Every background shot and water sky it just looks so good I miss cel animation out every thing I've seen cowboy bebop and nascuca valley wind looks the best

Please recommend more if there is any

Ponyo and Redline are two hand drawn animations that are absolutely masterpieces in animation. Incredibly beautiful, technically masterful. Ponyo is especially impressive because it isn’t cel animation. Every frame was hand drawn. It is imo the most technically accomplished piece of animation made.
Oct 2, 8:27 PM
Jun 2021
Reply to mydaddy
@omana I've had it on my list for years but like bepo I could only enjoy with a more adult perspective

I only like a handful of dubs bepobis great but is champloo a good one too or what
@mydaddy champloo is really great, they both tell very different stories but thru thru a similar lens of that each episode being its own story type thing, the soundtrack is also amazing, the op and ed are beautiful and many of the tracks are composed by iconic DJs. characters are also very likeable.

if you enjoyed bepop i think there's no way you won't find champloo fun as well
Oct 3, 10:41 AM
Jun 2021
Willhelm23 said:
omana said:
very astentic fr

Based, samurai champloo is my favorite anime, and the added on bonus of nujabes is the icing on the cake

real asf great anime and nujabes still one of my favourite musicians ever rip
Oct 4, 1:26 AM
Dec 2021
yes it's very aethantic as well...
peterrossOct 4, 1:30 AM
Oct 7, 3:42 AM
Mar 2020
omana said:
very astentic fr

I wonder why 😭

They have the same director.
Oct 7, 1:20 PM
Jun 2021
Reply to PulseFunk
omana said:
very astentic fr

I wonder why 😭

They have the same director.
@PulseFunk

i knew that 😭

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cowboy Bebop Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Metty - May 14, 2008

654 by NoelleIsSleepy »»
Oct 14, 4:48 PM

Poll: » Cowboy Bebop Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

FighterZ - May 14, 2008

190 by NoelleIsSleepy »»
Oct 13, 8:02 PM

Poll: » Cowboy Bebop Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

RoadLord - Oct 24, 2007

146 by FlameyWT »»
Oct 10, 8:32 AM

Poll: » Cowboy Bebop Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Scribbly - Jan 15, 2009

161 by FlameyWT »»
Oct 9, 11:17 AM

Poll: » Cowboy Bebop Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

samurai_tom - Jul 16, 2009

92 by FlameyWT »»
Oct 8, 11:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.