Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 27, 1:18 PM

Jun 2019
Apparently cause of death determined to be a right cerebral hemorrhage.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2024-06-27/the-file-of-young-kindaichi-inuyasha-voice-actor-taiki-matsuno-dies-at-56/.212507

Heard this news just a short while ago today and it hit like an anvil to the chest. Which is surprising in itself as Koga was always by far my least favorite character of the series (although Shippo in his more irksome and obnoxious moments could sometimes give him a run for his money), but the voice actor did a great job - he was so earthy, guttoral, brash, and indeed just brought that character to life, for all their good and ills. Plus just any loss from among the Inuyasha seiyuu seems like a blow.

I can hear many of his lines clear as day right now as we speak.

This coming after the seiyuu of Miroku also died relatively young, coincidentally at the same exact age of 56, back in 2018. Some little part of me will always think about what happened to the voice behind them in the outside/"real" world whenever scenes featuring them show up and it's saddening.

I hope and wish Satsuki Yukino, Kappei Yamaguchi, and the others the finest longest life physically possible and hope this misfortune stays the hell away from them and the rest of the cast. Health is so existential and scary. Despite my or anyone's feelings on the character, his work was impressive and on an aural level his vocal talents added to the mesmerizing cacophony of strong and unique voices in the series.
WatchTillTandavaJun 27, 1:23 PM
Jun 27, 4:10 PM
Aug 2018
Xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxx xxxxx
Lord_CobiJun 27, 6:42 PM
Yesterday, 3:35 PM
Jan 2021
This is so shocked and sad.. :( I also wasn’t a fan of Koga but it feels surreal hearing his va dying.

More topics from this board

Poll: » InuYasha Episode 68 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Feb 2, 2010

19 by Shikkakku »»
Jun 27, 8:35 AM

Poll: » InuYasha Episode 66 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Feb 2, 2010

15 by Shikkakku »»
Jun 27, 6:20 AM

Poll: » InuYasha Episode 62 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Feb 2, 2010

16 by Shikkakku »»
Jun 20, 3:37 AM

Poll: » InuYasha Episode 52 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Feb 1, 2010

23 by KitsuFrost »»
Jun 19, 6:42 AM

Poll: » InuYasha Episode 58 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Feb 2, 2010

15 by Shikkakku »»
Jun 10, 2:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.