Forum Settings
Forums

Merge LotGH: DNT - Seiran film trilogy into one entry

New
May 25, 6:01 PM

Nov 2018
Leknaat said:
Gekitotsu is now a 12-episode Movie entry that will be updated later to TV type when and if it airs on TV. Seiran will be merged for consistency at a later date.

It's been a couple of years since it was promised that the movie trilogy for S2 of DNT would be merged into one for consistency, I'm just wondering when it would be sorted out.

How do we keep the scores for the entries the same as to not make people re-rate the anime given it came out almost 5 years ago? Do we average out the rating given to all 3 entries and make that the score given for the one to users who've completed it? Do we make the entry reappear in people's Watching list for them to sort out again?
So I've been banned from MAL-Badges, after spending nearly two years of my time and dedication to helping out, being the club's spokesperson, and planning for the revamp, it all goes down the fucking drain. What a joke the club has become. I advise everyone to stop using the feature and stop showing their support for the site and the club. We were promised that we will see changes come to the site, and nothing's been done for the past year. I doubt the site will be touched for the foreseeable future. If you're angry and annoyed about the lack of development, then good, you should be.
Aug 16, 2:44 PM

Feb 2017
I was thinking about this again. Don't know how merging entries usually goes but maybe a nice way to do it is to delete Seiran 1 and Seiran 2, and then transform Seiran 3 into 12 eps entry. Of course, before that forum discussions from 1 and 2 should be transfered to 3 and have the episode discussion threads' names changed accordingly.
There is not much difference in member count between Seiran 1 and 3, even less if you take only watching (1,160 vs 927) and completed (18,408 vs 16,900) into account. So not that many users would be affected by this.
As for the score I personally believe Seiran 3 score is the closest to a score this season would have if it were one entry from the beginning (think people tended to rate last entry as they would a regular show at an end of a season). If that's kind of a stretch and a problem then Seiran 2 can be used instead of Seiran 3 since its score is exact average of Seiran 1 (8.06), 2 (8.17) and 3 (8.27) [avg=8.167].

I don't know about reviews though. Seiran 3 has four reviews. Two review it as a whole season while other two review just those last 4 episodes.

As for the staff and cast, I am willing to bring it in order if the entries get merged/modified.

Also, Gekitotsu (Season 3) and Sakubou (Season 4) are currently airing on NTV (Source). Though they are broadcasting it from episode 1 (since January), that is they are showing all 4 season as continuous show. Program is currently on episode 29.

On a similar note I think Fafner The Beyond could maybe do with similar treatment. It's 12 episode TV season that had advance screenings in theatres in 4 batches and last year it aired on TV as regular season. But perhaps separate topic could be opened about this.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Anime DB - Post Genre/Theme Requests Here ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Mar 28, 2022

796 by hoshi4 »»
2 hours ago

Sticky: » Anime DB - Post Modification Requests Here ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cyruz - May 15, 2016

9002 by Zetsumu »»
2 hours ago

» The Lord of the Rings: The War of the Rohirrim

NekozillaMaru - Dec 14, 2023

34 by razisgosu »»
Sep 13, 8:46 AM

Sticky: » Anime DB - Post Official French/German/Spanish Titles Here

Kineta - Nov 10, 2021

46 by AmoAimo »»
Sep 12, 5:16 AM

» Why are only japanese, korean and chinese animations allowed

TimeFliesAway - Sep 7

1 by Kwanthemaster »»
Sep 8, 9:53 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.