Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 24, 9:39 AM
Sep 2022
Like God, I should've started reading this way sooner.

The introduction to Guts was pure badassery.
๐™Š๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™‹๐™ž๐™š๐™˜๐™š ๐™ฅ๐™–๐™˜๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™ž๐™จ ๐™ฅ๐™š๐™ง๐™›๐™š๐™˜๐™ฉ๐™ก๐™ฎ ๐™›๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™š. - ๐™•๐™–๐™˜๐™
May 24, 9:47 AM
Feb 2024
GoatPieceLuffy said:

and just think, the later chapters make this art look terrible.
May 24, 9:48 AM
Apr 2024
Guts clapping apostle cheeks goes hard
May 24, 10:05 AM
Apr 2022
Liberandum_ said:
GoatPieceLuffy said:

is this true. I read the first chapter a few years ago and I remember enjoying it. is the art really gonna be bad later on?
May 24, 10:10 AM
Jun 2021
I'm so glad you're enjoying Berserk! I know exactly what you mean about the art being amazing - it's like nothing else out there. Kentaro Miura's style is so unique and detailed, it's like you're right there in the world of Midland. And Guts' introduction is just incredible - the way he's portrayed as this dark, brooding figure who's already been through so much is just so compelling. I mean, who wouldn't be drawn to a character like that? And the way Miura's art captures the intensity and emotion of the story is just incredible. I've been reading this series for a while now, and I still can't get enough of it. The way the story slowly builds up to these epic moments is just masterful.
May 24, 10:10 AM
Feb 2024
Elti979 said:
Liberandum_ said:

is this true. I read the first chapter a few years ago and I remember enjoying it. is the art really gonna be bad later on?

no im saying the later art is soooo good it makes the first chapters look terrible
May 24, 10:31 AM
Jul 2020
It becomes even better
May 24, 11:19 AM
Jun 2021
I started it a bit over a year ago and I can’t agree more. And it just gets better and better
May 24, 1:32 PM
Jan 2021
Best looking manga I've ever read easily. Gantz and Dr Stone are pretty high up there too
May 24, 3:09 PM
Apr 2022
Liberandum_ said:
Elti979 said:

no im saying the later art is soooo good it makes the first chapters look terrible

oh sorry I didn't read it correctly
May 24, 3:21 PM

Aug 2018
Definitely a very great looking manga.
May 24, 3:34 PM
Nov 2019
BOY, YOU’RE IN FOR A RIDE
May 24, 9:08 PM
May 2022
I'm ngl but after Miura's death they pretty much kept the art style very similar to what it was even though the outing and storytelling got a downgrade
May 24, 11:53 PM
Feb 2021
For Real. I'm on Vol. 7 right now and I just keep ordering more and more, hooked to the art and explicit content
May 25, 2:15 AM
Musubi pie

Mar 2013
APDied said:
I'm ngl but after Miura's death they pretty much kept the art style very similar to what it was even though the outing and storytelling got a downgrade

Ohh sheee, do you have any pictures of the new manga pages you can share? Been wondering how it looks/feels after the announcment.

May 25, 9:56 AM
Sep 2022
Reply to thischeetobussin
BOY, YOU’RE IN FOR A RIDE
@thischeetobussin

Just finished The Black Swordsman Arc.

Probably my favorite introduction to a story ever.
๐™Š๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™‹๐™ž๐™š๐™˜๐™š ๐™ฅ๐™–๐™˜๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™ž๐™จ ๐™ฅ๐™š๐™ง๐™›๐™š๐™˜๐™ฉ๐™ก๐™ฎ ๐™›๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™š. - ๐™•๐™–๐™˜๐™
May 25, 10:11 AM
Nov 2019
GoatPieceLuffy said:
@thischeetobussin

Just finished The Black Swordsman Arc.

Probably my favorite introduction to a story ever.

Nice, the Golden Age arc is even better. Especially the climax
May 25, 10:17 AM

Jan 2017
ertiis said:
Ohh sheee, do you have any pictures of the new manga pages you can share? Been wondering how it looks/feels after the announcment.

The Art is very slightly different, notably the faces in a few panels, but if someone is not trained in drawing/panelling, they'd see almost no difference, really. (Aside of Chapter 364, which was Studio Gaga's first released Chapter, on which Miura had already started working.)

As the other user mentioned, the storytelling was a little bit brought down, but that's to be expected, they are running the Manga solely based on their memories now, and don't want to risk putting elements they are not sure of.
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
May 25, 1:54 PM
Musubi pie

Mar 2013
Reply to Alexioos95
ertiis said:

The Art is very slightly different, notably the faces in a few panels, but if someone is not trained in drawing/panelling, they'd see almost no difference, really. (Aside of Chapter 364, which was Studio Gaga's first released Chapter, on which Miura had already started working.)

As the other user mentioned, the storytelling was a little bit brought down, but that's to be expected, they are running the Manga solely based on their memories now, and don't want to risk putting elements they are not sure of.
@Alexioos95

Waooo thanks a ton for sharing all this! I can definitely tell the difference. I've been keeping an eye on Miura's changing style but the real clincher would def be the paneling. I feel the later pages are more streamlined in its presentation, and even a bit more dramatic? Even without speaking on the art, I see it. But it's not bad! I'll ultimately have my own full opinion when I read it myself.

There's no way someone can emulate another's vision to the T, so it's expected, as you said. These pages light a little fire under me to look forward to the rest regardless~

May 25, 6:19 PM

Apr 2020
Welcome to reality.
You found one of the best Manga you'll ever read.
Proud of ya.
May 25, 7:31 PM
Oct 2023
Wait till you read one punch man
May 27, 9:32 AM
Mar 2024
Welcome to the Berserk-Fandome Friend!
And yes Kentarou Mirua's Drawings are one of the most stunning and detailed Arts out there and is holding up to this day and also yes he's Drawings getting even better with evry Volume that comes.It always fascinated me how there is a Double Page with a full in Fighting Szene and you can See absolutely evry Detail of evry Armor,weapon and Background but also i gota say that hes Style Just fits the grimmy "Dark-Fantasy" theme.He truly was one of a Kind.
HiiobMay 27, 9:35 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Berserk Chapter 375 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MegamiRem - Nov 8, 2023

56 by plsuI »»
Sep 21, 8:23 PM

Poll: » Berserk Chapter 37 Discussion

KitaTsuki - Sep 1, 2011

36 by plsuI »»
Sep 21, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Berserk Chapter 247 Discussion

AlexSadist-sama - Nov 13, 2011

12 by Erioko_ »»
Sep 20, 7:43 PM

» Studio Taka Cancels Its Berserk Animation Project Following Publisherโ€™s Copyright Warning To Studio Eclypse

Hickykissy - Sep 17

14 by Ewdini »»
Sep 18, 6:38 AM

Poll: » Berserk Chapter 87 Discussion

KitaTsuki - Nov 4, 2011

23 by GurschachX »»
Sep 17, 2:23 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.