Forum Settings
Forums
Wolf Children: Ame & Yuki
Available on Manga Store
New
May 15, 12:24 PM
Nov 2023
I just watched this anime, and I rewatched it twice. I found a strange detail for Hana's husband. If he was half wolf half human, how could he have License to drive?? I'm not Japanese, but to get a license to drive in my country you have to take a health test. And, I also started to feel strange about Yuki and Ame being able to eat I'm not Japanese, but to get a license to drive in my country you have to take a health test. And, I also started to feel strange about Yuki and Ame being able to eat Food for humans. And, it is never once shown that Ame or Yuki eat animal carcasses as their wolf instinct. So, after watching it twice, I started to think what if:
Actually it's just a metaphor in the visual, the father is just a person who likes freedom, or an identity that has made mistakes. Like us humans, and living like in human ways. If you don't use human methods (society) you will become like a wolf.
Then, Yuki and Ame become examples of the human form who chooses their goals when they grow up. Yuki chooses to remain human or join society, Ame chooses to be herself or the freedom to live her life. The mother, Hana... is just a parent figure who helps her children choose their own path...

Maybe this is my thinking too deeply about the roles of the characters in this anime, because when they become wolves. Like the feeling of being yourself or the feeling of freedom.
May 15, 12:31 PM

Sep 2016
Dokisensei said:
If he was half wolf half human, how could he have License to drive?? I'm not Japanese, but to get a license to drive in my country you have to take a health test.

Ever heard of suspension of disbelief? I highly recommend it, instead of questioning such irrelevant things.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
May 15, 1:24 PM

Dec 2019
Dokisensei said:
I just watched this anime, and I rewatched it twice. I found a strange detail for Hana's husband. If he was half wolf half human, how could he have License to drive?? I'm not Japanese, but to get a license to drive in my country you have to take a health test. And, I also started to feel strange about Yuki and Ame being able to eat I'm not Japanese, but to get a license to drive in my country you have to take a health test. And, I also started to feel strange about Yuki and Ame being able to eat Food for humans. And, it is never once shown that Ame or Yuki eat animal carcasses as their wolf instinct. So, after watching it twice, I started to think what if:
Actually it's just a metaphor in the visual, the father is just a person who likes freedom, or an identity that has made mistakes. Like us humans, and living like in human ways. If you don't use human methods (society) you will become like a wolf.
Then, Yuki and Ame become examples of the human form who chooses their goals when they grow up. Yuki chooses to remain human or join society, Ame chooses to be herself or the freedom to live her life. The mother, Hana... is just a parent figure who helps her children choose their own path...

Maybe this is my thinking too deeply about the roles of the characters in this anime, because when they become wolves. Like the feeling of being yourself or the feeling of freedom.

he's half human, what's wrong with a health test? also werewolves can eat anything, they're not vampires
May 15, 1:26 PM
Apr 2024

Although your scenario is interesting, the above incidents wouldn’t have occurred if it was just a metaphor. So nope.
Moonshine_cookieMay 15, 1:35 PM
May 16, 6:29 AM
May 2021
Dokisensei said:

yeah , the Wolfes are most likely a metaphor for the pursuit of freedom and independance, also adulthood. but in the movie, they are actually half wolves tho, its not like they are hallucinating or some shit. they could have made this movie with them being 100% humans, it wouldnt change a thing, them being half wolves is just a gimmick to make it more entertaining.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

gtr06 - Jul 24, 2012

421 by montielol »»
Jun 4, 10:18 AM

» I hate ame

luksthefool - Mar 19

12 by Zarutaku »»
May 16, 1:35 AM

Poll: » what do you think of the end & Ame`s action ? ( 1 2 )

KaGi-13 - Apr 21, 2013

92 by KURAIKEN63 »»
Nov 23, 2023 1:58 AM

» Ame is loved that much?! really?!

aku_mado - Jul 3, 2022

20 by MichaelJackson »»
May 4, 2023 2:36 AM

» This anime is really weird

AunixHOT - Oct 8, 2021

33 by aku_mado »»
Jul 3, 2022 10:33 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.