Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 4, 11:16 PM

Apr 2017
Is it me or does the title feel like it's missing an "I" as in:
"A Neat and Pretty Girl at the Transfer Destination Was a Childhood Friend Who I Used to Think That She Was a Boy and Played With Her."

I think the I is somewhat necessary to indicate who played with who, since the "she" made it sound like the girl herself thought she was a boy, which is why the I is very necessary for simple clarification purposes.

Let me know if you think i'm wrong in anyway, i'm not claiming this is the right way, this is my personal view and 2 cents on the matter.
May 4, 11:30 PM

Jan 2017
Kirito_online said:
Is it me or does the title feel like it's missing an "I"

Yeah. That English title is a fan-translation one, so either it's a literal translation (which i doubt), or someone mistranslated it.
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
May 5, 2:46 AM

Apr 2017
Reply to Alexioos95
Kirito_online said:
Is it me or does the title feel like it's missing an "I"

Yeah. That English title is a fan-translation one, so either it's a literal translation (which i doubt), or someone mistranslated it.
@Alexioos95 i wouldn't be surprised if the author came up with that title, since there are precedent cases for this issue.
May 5, 7:03 AM

Feb 2021
Well I also think light novels title when translated directly, won't always make sense.

Like, if you directly translate "Sekai Saikou no Ansatsusha, Isekai Kizoku ni Tensei suru" it becomes: "The world's best assassin, To reincarnate in a different world aristocrat", instead of "The World's Finest Assassin Gets Reincarnated in Another World as an Aristocrat"
May 5, 9:40 AM

Apr 2017
Reply to MadanielFL
Well I also think light novels title when translated directly, won't always make sense.

Like, if you directly translate "Sekai Saikou no Ansatsusha, Isekai Kizoku ni Tensei suru" it becomes: "The world's best assassin, To reincarnate in a different world aristocrat", instead of "The World's Finest Assassin Gets Reincarnated in Another World as an Aristocrat"
@MadanielFL english is not the strongest suit japanese authors have, or japan in general actually lol.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tenkou-saki no Seiso Karen na Bishoujo ga, Mukashi Danshi to Omotte Issho ni Asonda Osananajimi Datta Ken Chapter 23 Discussion

GeorgeDeSand - Apr 18

0 by GeorgeDeSand »»
Apr 18, 5:09 PM

Poll: » Tenkou-saki no Seiso Karen na Bishoujo ga, Mukashi Danshi to Omotte Issho ni Asonda Osananajimi Datta Ken Chapter 22 Discussion

GeorgeDeSand - Mar 7

0 by GeorgeDeSand »»
Mar 7, 5:09 PM

Poll: » Tenkou-saki no Seiso Karen na Bishoujo ga, Mukashi Danshi to Omotte Issho ni Asonda Osananajimi Datta Ken Chapter 21 Discussion

GeorgeDeSand - Jan 30

0 by GeorgeDeSand »»
Jan 30, 6:30 PM

Poll: » Tenkou-saki no Seiso Karen na Bishoujo ga, Mukashi Danshi to Omotte Issho ni Asonda Osananajimi Datta Ken Chapter 20 Discussion

GeorgeDeSand - Jan 20

0 by GeorgeDeSand »»
Jan 20, 10:37 AM

Poll: » Tenkou-saki no Seiso Karen na Bishoujo ga, Mukashi Danshi to Omotte Issho ni Asonda Osananajimi Datta Ken Chapter 19 Discussion

GeorgeDeSand - Jan 9

0 by GeorgeDeSand »»
Jan 9, 6:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.