Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime
Available on Manga Store
New
Feb 23, 9:18 AM
May 2021
As the title says what do you guys think how many volumes will s3 cover my prediction is volume 7-9 most likely
Feb 23, 9:47 AM
Oct 2019
Like the first 2 seasons, ~3 i guess
Feb 23, 9:55 AM
Feb 2023
mostly every season covered 3 vol 1 tho S1 was rushed it's covered 1-3 vol S2 cover 5,6,7 S3 will cover 7,8,9 and the manga is rn on vol 9
Feb 23, 3:01 PM

May 2022
Definitely 2 Volumes if we are getting 2 cours. The 1st cour will cover the Holy Knights Invasion Arc i.e. Vol 7 while the 2nd Cour will cover the 1st Half of Founding Festival Arc i.e. Vol 8.

The 2nd Half of the Festival Arc i.e. Vol 9 will be probably covered in S3 Part 2 as the manga is still in the middle of covering it.
69S7B4A5AFeb 23, 3:14 PM
π’Ÿπ‘œπ“ƒ'𝓉 𝓁𝑒𝓉 π’Άπ“ƒπ“Žπ‘œπ“ƒπ‘’ 𝒹𝒾𝒸𝓉𝒢𝓉𝑒 π“Žπ‘œπ“Šπ“‡ 𝐿𝒾𝒻𝑒.
Feb 23, 6:38 PM
Mar 2019
Ahmettkouji67 said:
mostly every season covered 3 vol 1 tho S1 was rushed it's covered 1-3 vol S2 cover 5,6,7 S3 will cover 7,8,9 and the manga is rn on vol 9

if that is true than it's gonna be 12 Episode for Season 3 and 4 with 4 being next year or winter of next year
Feb 24, 12:58 AM
Jun 2020
It will cover vol 7-9. It always stays relative to the manga which will probably fully adapt the 9th novel by the time anime airs the first half of Season 3.
Feb 26, 6:23 AM
Apr 2022
The pacing of this anime is way too slow. 1 ln per cours is as close as you can get to boruto levels of pacing.

The series already lost its initial praise after the movie where the critics pretty much roasted the series. And the movie underperformed greatly.
Feb 27, 10:46 AM
Jun 2020
DEMSpirit said:
The pacing of this anime is way too slow. 1 ln per cours is as close as you can get to boruto levels of pacing.

The series already lost its initial praise after the movie where the critics pretty much roasted the series. And the movie underperformed greatly.

Well, it will stay slow because of the speed at which the manga adapts the LN. The illustrator is doing his best but he is only one person at the end of the day. And I read somewhere that the anime can't go beyond the manga because the publisher of the manga wants it that way.

And the movie was never meant to be good because it's only filler just like the recent OVA's that came out. Plus Season 3 will adapt LN vol 7-9. A movie based on Vol 7 would have been amazing but the anime would be good as well but it will kinda fall off in the second part of Season 3 because Vol 8 and 9 are just about a festival. The real hype will be with Season 4 but that's too far away in the future.

I guess the future of Slime anime fans will be filled with patience.
Feb 27, 10:58 AM
Apr 2022
Reply to OVERLORD_05
DEMSpirit said:

Well, it will stay slow because of the speed at which the manga adapts the LN. The illustrator is doing his best but he is only one person at the end of the day. And I read somewhere that the anime can't go beyond the manga because the publisher of the manga wants it that way.

And the movie was never meant to be good because it's only filler just like the recent OVA's that came out. Plus Season 3 will adapt LN vol 7-9. A movie based on Vol 7 would have been amazing but the anime would be good as well but it will kinda fall off in the second part of Season 3 because Vol 8 and 9 are just about a festival. The real hype will be with Season 4 but that's too far away in the future.

@OVERLORD_05 if the movie wasn't meant to be good, why did crunchryoll fast track an American release. Ordinal scale wasn't light novel canon when it came out but ended up making more than 3x what scarlet bond. Not to mention scarlet bond was given many screenings but most theatres were empty. Anyone saying ordinal scale is canon needs to know that was retcon. They cleared intended for tensura to be bigger than sao but they failed hard.

As for the anime, I imagine the positive reception would heavily crash going into the 3rd season. Anime fans have low tolerance for slow pacing.
DEMSpiritFeb 27, 11:04 AM
Feb 27, 11:12 AM
Jun 2020
DEMSpirit said:
@OVERLORD_05 if the movie wasn't meant to be good, why did crunchryoll fast track an American release. Ordinal scale wasn't light novel canon when it came out but ended up making more than 3x what scarlet bond. Not to mention scarlet bond was given many screenings but most theatres were empty. Anyone saying ordinal scale is canon needs to know that was retcon. They cleared intended for tensura to be bigger than sao but they failed hard.

As for the anime, I imagine the positive reception would heavily crash going into the 3rd season. Anime fans have low tolerance for slow pacing.

Its not that it wasn't made to be good but it just wasn't. Its just filler content which was made to keep both anime and novel fans hyped up by giving them something to consume by introducing afan favourite future character and also improve the world building a bit. Also, they couldn't do anything big for the movie because of how the World building is, there would have been a high chance it could have become non-cannon.

As for the anime fans, i imagine they will be a bit disappointed by the second part of Season 3 and the wait for Season 4. But Season 4 and the future seasons if they get a release will be good.
Feb 27, 11:15 AM
May 2021
OVERLORD_05 said:
DEMSpirit said:

man is volume 8-9 only slice of life with no plot progression and fights? if not when will we see plot progression and fights
Feb 27, 11:25 AM
Apr 2022
Reply to OVERLORD_05
DEMSpirit said:

Its not that it wasn't made to be good but it just wasn't. Its just filler content which was made to keep both anime and novel fans hyped up by giving them something to consume by introducing afan favourite future character and also improve the world building a bit. Also, they couldn't do anything big for the movie because of how the World building is, there would have been a high chance it could have become non-cannon.

As for the anime fans, i imagine they will be a bit disappointed by the second part of Season 3 and the wait for Season 4. But Season 4 and the future seasons if they get a release will be good.
@OVERLORD_05 if that is the case, tensura definutely isn't winning aots next spring.

Thanks for the heads up tho. Anime onlies are quick to spam 10 and yell peak fiction with no context on the light novel.

We saw this with megumin spinoff and that became the biggest flop of all time despite being the 3rd most anticipated 2023 anime.
Feb 27, 11:25 AM
Jun 2020
SlimeLordOfRats said:
OVERLORD_05 said:

man is volume 8-9 only slice of life with no plot progression and fights? if not when will we see plot progression and fights

There will be few battles in the first part and a tournament in the second half, so there will be action and also a lot of fans love the politics and world building which is great. But half of this season being chill is justifiable because of how intense the second season was. And this is the last time the story is a bit slow, after this it improves a lot in term of plot and action.
Feb 27, 11:39 AM
Jun 2020
DEMSpirit said:
@OVERLORD_05 if that is the case, tensura definutely isn't winning aots next spring.

Thanks for the heads up tho. Anime onlies are quick to spam 10 and yell peak fiction with no context on the light novel.

We saw this with megumin spinoff and that became the biggest flop of all time despite being the 3rd most anticipated 2023 anime.

It won't be as bad as I may have made it to be. It will get a bit chill later in the season but the illustrator did an amazing job in the manga with pace. It doesn't get boring at all and will be very enjoyable for anime onlyies. The only issue for anime adaptation will be how they increase the length because they will again do a 23-24 episode run but they won't even have the same amount of manga source that season 1 and 2 has. And also the fact that half of that will be world building with less plot progression.

Even though I am highly optimistic about this anime because of the quality of source material and adaptation quality, the speed at which this anime is being made will definitely be a huge hit in its popularity.

I just don't know how they can overcome this. Speeding it up will definitely lower the quality but the anime studio is doing a good job at adapting the manga and the manga illustrator is doing a good job at adapting the Light Novel. Whereas the Light Novel is at its last volume which will hopefully release this year.
Feb 27, 11:47 AM
Apr 2022
Reply to OVERLORD_05
DEMSpirit said:

It won't be as bad as I may have made it to be. It will get a bit chill later in the season but the illustrator did an amazing job in the manga with pace. It doesn't get boring at all and will be very enjoyable for anime onlyies. The only issue for anime adaptation will be how they increase the length because they will again do a 23-24 episode run but they won't even have the same amount of manga source that season 1 and 2 has. And also the fact that half of that will be world building with less plot progression.

Even though I am highly optimistic about this anime because of the quality of source material and adaptation quality, the speed at which this anime is being made will definitely be a huge hit in its popularity.

I just don't know how they can overcome this. Speeding it up will definitely lower the quality but the anime studio is doing a good job at adapting the manga and the manga illustrator is doing a good job at adapting the Light Novel. Whereas the Light Novel is at its last volume which will hopefully release this year.
@OVERLORD_05 if it was airing in summer, anime onlies would be kinder to it. But since it is airing in spring and the competition, people are going to judge it harshly. Roshidere had to pull out of spring due to sheer competition. For spring 2024, if u cannot provide an experience equivalent to avengers endgame or seed freedom, people will flock to a different show fast.

Especially now this series has achieved a rare rotten tomatoes rotten rating which people will bring up when comparing series. If tensura attempts another anime movie which i expect they will so manga can catch up, critics will slam it harder.
Feb 27, 11:56 AM
Jun 2020
DEMSpirit said:
@OVERLORD_05 if it was airing in summer, anime onlies would be kinder to it. But since it is airing in spring and the competition, people are going to judge it harshly. Roshidere had to pull out of spring due to sheer competition. For spring 2024, if u cannot provide an experience equivalent to avengers endgame or seed freedom, people will flock to a different show fast.

Especially now this series has achieved a rare rotten tomatoes rotten rating which people will bring up when comparing series. If tensura attempts another anime movie which i expect they will so manga can catch up, critics will slam it harder.

At least the good news is that the spring part of anime will have the same amount of action and plot progression that previous seasons had.

And, i don't think they will try another movie on filler from the main story just for promotion. Slime has already reached a level of popularity that can't be increased with something like that. The only question is how they'll speed up the adaptation of manga and anime without degrading the quality which I have no clue about.
Feb 27, 3:08 PM
Apr 2022
Reply to OVERLORD_05
DEMSpirit said:

At least the good news is that the spring part of anime will have the same amount of action and plot progression that previous seasons had.

And, i don't think they will try another movie on filler from the main story just for promotion. Slime has already reached a level of popularity that can't be increased with something like that. The only question is how they'll speed up the adaptation of manga and anime without degrading the quality which I have no clue about.
@OVERLORD_05 it is especially embarrassing for the producers. Recency bias is huge in japan so that didnt play into tensura's favor. Namco released gundam seed freedom.

Gundam seed had no installment for 20 years and managed to relatively best demon slayer, spy x family, haikyuu at the box office. Basically the top gun maverick for anime
Mar 9, 12:41 PM

Oct 2010
Reply to OVERLORD_05
DEMSpirit said:

@OVERLORD_05

Truth bombs, man. Pure truth bombs. I guess wait 16-17 years if the anime has to cover the entire material while trailing the manga.
'Ask her to wait a momentβ€” I am almost done.' - Carl Friedrich Gauss ( When told, while working, that his wife was dying).
Mar 22, 6:55 PM
Mar 2016
when I first watch this anime season 1. at that time of my age I only care about strong mc and cheating and battle of destruction or until one is dead. don't care much about the story. because of that, I don't follow much with the story. but I guess season 2 the demon lord they are facing is not strong enough and now season 3 I'm guessing there will be a showdown between tempest and human from the church
Mar 25, 9:16 AM
Jul 2023
OVERLORD_05 said:
DEMSpirit said:

The OVA is not as much of a filler tho
Mar 25, 9:24 AM
Jun 2020
Alvian_11 said:
OVERLORD_05 said:

It is tho, it takes place in a timeskip period and introduces characters from future volumes. Also its plot is the same as the movie and I read somewhere that it was supposed to be a movie as well but the plot's were similar so they made it an OVA. Although I might be wrong about it being a movie part
Mar 25, 9:27 AM
Jul 2023
OVERLORD_05 said:
Alvian_11 said:

It is tho, it takes place in a timeskip period and introduces characters from future volumes. Also its plot is the same as the movie and I read somewhere that it was supposed to be a movie as well but the plot's were similar so they made it an OVA. Although I might be wrong about it being a movie part

Coleus Dream was based from side story written by Fuse himself, and yes it was supposed to be a movie but AFAIK the producer replaces it with Scarlet Bond and added its own narratives (hence the community joke of it being a filler)

Written by Fuse, despite side story if it's not conflicting the main LN might as well be canon
Mar 25, 9:28 AM
Jun 2020
Alvian_11 said:
OVERLORD_05 said:

Coleus Dream was based from side story written by Fuse himself, and yes it was supposed to be a movie but AFAIK the producer replaces it with Scarlet Bond and added its own narratives (hence the community joke of it being a filler)

Written by Fuse, despite side story if it's not conflicting the main LN might as well be canon

Yeah I know it's written by fuse and I know it's cannon but it's still a filler.
Mar 25, 9:33 AM
Jul 2023
OVERLORD_05 said:
Alvian_11 said:

Yeah I know it's written by fuse and I know it's cannon but it's still a filler.

Kinda chuckle a bit to the statement that a story can be canon & filler at the same time, but for me filler is non-canon. Yours definition is definitely different
Mar 25, 9:35 AM
Jun 2020
Alvian_11 said:
OVERLORD_05 said:

Kinda chuckle a bit to the statement that a story can be canon & filler at the same time, but for me filler is non-canon. Yours definition is definitely different

True, yours is different. I know you love the anime and liked watching some more content, I did too. But you can't convince me it's not filler.

BTW I googled what a Filler is and this is what I got:
"Filler in an anime refers to episodes or arcs that are not based on the original source material or are adapted in-between source canon content. The term is commonly used in anime fandoms to describe anything that isn't present in the original source material or previous source material already adapted reused in a later episode of said adaptation for the sole purpose of padding."

You can't say that the OVA doesn't fit this criteria.
Mar 25, 9:38 AM
Jul 2023
OVERLORD_05 said:
Alvian_11 said:

True, yours is different. I know you love the anime and liked watching some more content, I did too. But you can't convince me it's not filler.

"Filler in an anime refers to episodes or arcs that are not based on the original source material or are adapted in-between source canon content. The term is commonly used in anime fandoms to describe anything that isn't present in the original source material or previous source material already adapted reused in a later episode of said adaptation for the sole purpose of padding."

Yeah. We definitely both agree that Scarlet Bond is *non-canon* lol
Mar 25, 9:40 AM
Jun 2020
Alvian_11 said:
OVERLORD_05 said:

Yeah. We definitely both agree that Scarlet Bond is *non-canon* lol

It not Non-cannon. But it doesn't originate from the source material which is the Light Novel. Even if it's created by the same author it is a spin-off. So it's basically a filler.
May 15, 9:34 PM
Oct 2020
Reply to OVERLORD_05
DEMSpirit said:

@OVERLORD_05 I don't get it, what does manga have to do with the anime? Isn't anime being adapted from the LN? LN is the real source, manga is also another adaptation of it. Right?! Where manga is, must be irrelevant to where anime is.
May 15, 9:40 PM
Jun 2020
Ishawdee said:
@OVERLORD_05 I don't get it, what does manga have to do with the anime? Isn't anime being adapted from the LN? LN is the real source, manga is also another adaptation of it. Right?! Where manga is, must be irrelevant to where anime is.

The publisher of the manga is the major producer of the anime. The anime can't surpass the manga and is always released when the arc in the manga is about to end. It happened with Season 1 and 2 and it will happen with this one as well. The anime never credits the LN in the OP and even the official Tensura website says the manga is the source. Light Novel is the original source and Manga is adapted from it and the anime is adapted from the manga. Even if they use the LN to adapt some parts it will majorly be adapted from manga and won't surpass it. It's all about money, if the anime surpasses manga it will decrease it's sale.
May 17, 6:31 PM
Oct 2020
Reply to OVERLORD_05
Ishawdee said:

The publisher of the manga is the major producer of the anime. The anime can't surpass the manga and is always released when the arc in the manga is about to end. It happened with Season 1 and 2 and it will happen with this one as well. The anime never credits the LN in the OP and even the official Tensura website says the manga is the source. Light Novel is the original source and Manga is adapted from it and the anime is adapted from the manga. Even if they use the LN to adapt some parts it will majorly be adapted from manga and won't surpass it. It's all about money, if the anime surpasses manga it will decrease it's sale.
@OVERLORD_05 Oh I see now! Thanks for your explanation.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 3rd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Yesterday

70 by StallionXD »»
43 minutes ago

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 3rd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 17

127 by KingBaller06 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 3rd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 24

130 by barteq88 »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 3rd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 3

167 by Alfredo-Sauce »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 3rd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 10

282 by postblitz »»
Yesterday, 12:55 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.