Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 8, 2023 9:05 AM
Feb 2021
Loved S1 chara development and songs too were fine . So far in S2 with 2 episodes in, show is really unlikable why Rosalia band members in mal has more ratings they are just playing a repititive gothic theme nothing unique here

And yukina's bossy attitude is really unsettling! I thought the whole bang dream franchise focuses story development for "popping party" like love live shows does where they do competions and story development will be based on single band...

So hereafter whether popping party won't be the main focus here? instead they focus on multiple bands like "d4dj" show if so warn me I can move on
Dec 8, 2023 9:41 AM
Sep 2020
I hate Yukina. I thought she was kind of a badass in season 2 but the Roselia movies really made me hate her and Sayo. I agree with you though, everyone seems to like them a lot. The other Roselia girls are fine but Yukina is just so bossy and it's all about her and Sayo's just kind of mean
Dec 8, 2023 9:48 AM
Nov 2023
I also found S2 less watchable due to the CG. But the Roselia movies are excellent. It’s all about a variety of music styles with PasPare’s idol pop, HelloHappy’s marching band style, Popipa’s emotional driven pop, Afterglow’s raw rock, Morfonica’s violin lead hippy style etc. If you don’t like the goth Roselia thing, that’s up to you. I love it personally! Season 3 is great tho, and the movie that follows it has some great moments.
Anyhow, Nobody is forcing you, watch what makes you happy. There’s more anime out there than anyone can watch in a lifetime.
Dec 8, 2023 9:54 AM
Feb 2021
FutoiOtaku said:
I also found S2 less watchable due to the CG. But the Roselia movies are excellent. It’s all about a variety of music styles with PasPare’s idol pop, HelloHappy’s marching band style, Popipa’s emotional driven pop, Afterglow’s raw rock, Morfonica’s violin lead hippy style etc. If you don’t like the goth Roselia thing, that’s up to you. I love it personally! Season 3 is great tho, and the movie that follows it has some great moments.
Anyhow, Nobody is forcing you, watch what makes you happy. There’s more anime out there than anyone can watch in a lifetime.

it's not about forcing I too liked other band member I just wanted to know why roselia band members are famous in mal , like here on does the franchise focuses on roselia plot more making popping party to appear less..?

if you watched d4dj you can get my qn well because I donno whether I explained my query in topic well

I wanted a story like music show S1 was perfect for me which had awsm development and pace ,I loved the songs of other groups and yes that marching band style theme group was also lit but if there is nb progressive story / competions like love live shows then I might move on
Dec 8, 2023 10:18 AM
Sep 2020
bezardo said:
FutoiOtaku said:

it's not about forcing I too liked other band member I just wanted to know why roselia band members are famous in mal , like here on does the franchise focuses on roselia plot more making popping party to appear less..?

if you watched d4dj you can get my qn well because I donno whether I explained my query in topic well

I wanted a story like music show S1 was perfect for me which had awsm development and pace ,I loved the songs of other groups and yes that marching band style theme group was also lit but if there is nb progressive story / competions like love live shows then I might move on

Keep watching. It gets really good imo
Dec 8, 2023 11:01 AM
Nov 2023
bezardo said:
FutoiOtaku said:

You’re right, I probably got the emphasis on Roselia wrong. They have 2 movies of back story, probably because they were the most accomplished musicians when the franchise was young. But the 3rd season has excellent development for Popipa, pretty much follows a competition for the girl bands, and ends in a great live show. It’s a really fulfilling season with a great follow-on movie.
It’s interesting that now, even Afterglow, who had their instruments played by session musicians at first, are now playing live shows in Japan. Weird casting really, their drummer Tomoe is voiced by the bassist/vocalist from HTT in K-On. She had to learn drums for Bandori. Ayane Sakura, their singer, is simply the best vocalist on earth. Period. Can’t wait to see them in March 2024.
Dec 8, 2023 11:04 AM
Feb 2021
FutoiOtaku said:
bezardo said:

You’re right, I probably got the emphasis on Roselia wrong. They have 2 movies of back story, probably because they were the most accomplished musicians when the franchise was young. But the 3rd season has excellent development for Popipa, pretty much follows a competition for the girl bands, and ends in a great live show. It’s a really fulfilling season with a great follow-on movie.
It’s interesting that now, even Afterglow, who had their instruments played by session musicians at first, are now playing live shows in Japan. Weird casting really, their drummer Tomoe is voiced by the bassist/vocalist from HTT in K-On. She had to learn drums for Bandori. Ayane Sakura, their singer, is simply the best vocalist on earth. Period. Can’t wait to see them in March 2024.

tq now I understand!
Dec 17, 2023 2:02 AM
Oct 2021
bezardo said:
Loved S1 chara development and songs too were fine . So far in S2 with 2 episodes in, show is really unlikable why Rosalia band members in mal has more ratings they are just playing a repititive gothic theme nothing unique here

And yukina's bossy attitude is really unsettling! I thought the whole bang dream franchise focuses story development for "popping party" like love live shows does where they do competions and story development will be based on single band...

So hereafter whether popping party won't be the main focus here? instead they focus on multiple bands like "d4dj" show if so warn me I can move on

Seeing this thread makes me realize how few people here in mal actually play the game and/or keep up with the fandom . Anyways, the episode of roselia movies are really good, it shows yukina's or rather the whole backstory of Roselia and how they are they right now though some parts were kind of cut-off? not exactly but the game lore explores it further. Now back to your question, Why is Roselia so popular? In the jp community (idk abt the western one) Roselia is actually the most popular band due to their music, themes and live performances. 2nd goes to poppipa but sadly and UNDESERVINGLY morfonica places last even despite the new bands that just got here this year "Mygo and Ave mojika*
You should watch Mygo!!!!! btw regardless of where you are in the story. it's really good hell I'd say you'd probably even like them more than poppipa 🤠

More topics from this board

Poll: » BanG Dream! 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2019

52 by Strahan »»
Apr 4, 1:09 PM

Poll: » BanG Dream! 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2019

42 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Oct 29, 2023 7:29 PM

Poll: » BanG Dream! 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2019

20 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Oct 29, 2023 9:52 AM

Poll: » BanG Dream! 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2019

61 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Oct 29, 2023 8:59 AM

Poll: » BanG Dream! 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 3, 2019

114 by thehornedrat »»
Jun 1, 2023 10:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.