Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 25, 2023 9:37 AM

Jan 2023
Angels Egg is like no other movie, it represents a very deep underlying message, which hopefully I can explain to you all and get your thoughts on if you argree or not.

Angel's Egg follows a young maiden, travelling a really bizzare world holding what appears to be an Egg, and there is also a kinda strong man following her around. This is very interesting because throughout great direction and themeing is used to build up this world which we witeness as we go.

So basically my theory is, the Egg represents the complete stupidity of anime fans, and this random girl who has no character to her what so ever carries the complete stupidity of anime fans throughout this random world that at best looks kinda cool with absolutely nothing further to say about it. Because Angel's Egg is basically a story where absolutely nothing happens, we can tell that the director intended for this egg (which is actually the stupidity of anime fans ) to be something anime fans can relate to, a complete innanimate object with no opinions of its own. All the director had to do was make one review using lots of big words for his own movie and BOOM all the anime fans copy such an opinion and pretend the movie is amazing, when in fact NOTHING HAPPENS, hence the egg, a completely useless innanimate obejct, in a completely uselss borderling ainnanimate movie is anime fans themselves.

The strong man represents me, someone who can think for themselves and when such a person watches a movie where nothing happens except for a girl carrying an egg, we just do nothing, notice how the strong man never said "OH DAMN ANGELS EGG IS SO GOOD" he just sorta seemed like he didn't care the entire time, and who can blame him, at least there's one relatable character in this movie.

So what are your theories on what this movie represents and do you agree with mine?
Mar 25, 2023 11:28 AM
Feb 2022
i dont even know what this is
Mar 25, 2023 11:33 AM
Jul 2019
If you're too dumb to understand subtle and visual storytelling then that's not the fault of the fanbase nor the movie . You can analyse and understand a ton through the metaphors and meaning of certain items based on religion and society. Next time educate yourself or just stfu
Mar 25, 2023 1:12 PM

Apr 2020
WalterBlack59 said:
If you're too dumb to understand subtle and visual storytelling then that's not the fault of the fanbase nor the movie . You can analyse and understand a ton through the metaphors and meaning of certain items based on religion and society. Next time educate yourself or just stfu

Whoa. Slow down, Adolf.
Not everyone is such a high class human beeing, like you - radiating pure knowledge.

To me this was just a bit uneventful and boring. But the Vibes were nice :)
Mar 25, 2023 2:39 PM
Aug 2022
Lmao most honest and hilarious review I've read in my life
Mar 25, 2023 10:17 PM
Sep 2021
art is an interpretative language, so denying the intention of the film is denying the purpose of art. this forum is just sad
Mar 26, 2023 5:35 AM
Apr 2021
Lol that's a good trolling (even though I've understood you're kind of serious in what you mean)
Mar 26, 2023 7:56 PM
Apr 2022
This is a good review
Mar 26, 2023 11:36 PM
Jun 2017
The egg represents blind faith juxtaposed by people that follow organized religion blindly. The girl is simply a follower left behind. The egg is what she has left to hold onto. “Hope.”

Something that higher ups in churches use against people that are in need of desperate help.

The “strong man,” as you say, is someone that snaps her out of it. Makes her realize the hope she is holding onto may not be real.

Then an alien spaceship-machine shows up with Noah/Moses and other figures ,(it’s been awhile), entrapped in it. Eventually the girl is also seen in this device.

Sometimes believing is seeing, but this girl ended up in some cruel apocalyptic “heaven” . The girl got to this “heaven” after her evidence was destroyed. She still had hope beyond the inevitable.

Meanwhile ig the Strong Man just wanted to save people from Big Man’s cruel afterlife.
Mar 27, 2023 12:19 AM
Oct 2020
We need more critical thinkers like you
Sep 28, 2023 12:56 AM
Aug 2017
Reply to WalterBlack59
@WalterBlack59 sadly most if not all, anime fans are pretty much comfortable with the spoon feeding plots most of the anime give it to them. Anything outside of their comfortable zone is weird and boring. They rate anime higher based on the emotions instead of looking at technical details, the storytelling.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Angel's Egg Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Eudaimonia - Feb 12, 2012

139 by Ismiismi_ »»
Aug 29, 6:22 AM

» Angel's Egg is getting a 4k remaster in 2025

Adnash - May 8

19 by chriswsy »»
May 30, 6:56 PM

» Can someone explain the story of this anime to me

KishinEgg - Jun 25, 2020

7 by Zarutaku »»
May 9, 3:51 AM

» Life Lessons I learned from watching Angels Egg

BestListMAL - Apr 11, 2023

8 by Zarutaku »»
Oct 17, 2023 8:54 AM

Poll: » Do you like the boy/the man?

Status_Effect - Jul 9, 2015

8 by Lux_Vacui »»
Nov 24, 2022 2:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.