Forum Settings
Forums
Overlord (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Sep 18, 2022 12:15 PM

Nov 2013
The Fate/Zero reference during the fight with Decem was hilarious.

Zesshi vs Maare was the most interesting fight in this series so far. It was nice to follow all her reasoning as she tried to discover Mare's identity and observed with disgust Mare's lack of naturality. It's a pity that Zesshi lost. I'm glad she's at least still alive though, although she probably won't have a fortunate future in Nazarick. If she manages to escape, it will be nice, but the probability is low.

I think it would have been more interesting to see Ainz reacting to Maare's death and then declaring war against the Houkoku, but maybe Maruyama's creativity surpasses this and somehow things will be more interesting in the last two volumes thanks to the fact that the Houkoku's ace has already been defeated and is being held captive in Nazarick.

I can only guess that precisely because Houkoku lost Zesshi, now they will make their minds to seek an alliance with the Hyougikoku, so the war that Ainz is starting against the Houkoku will be a war against not just one, but all the two remaining countries that he wants to conquer, and so the Platinum Dragon Lord will also take part in it.

It seems like Albedo is really doing something in secrecy, and I'm very curious to know what it is...

And I wonder about whether there will or not be a proper explanation about why and how Ainz was transported to the different world, and whether or not the dystopic situation in the place where Ainz came from will ever be solved.

I may be wrong, but only two more volumes don't seem enough to explain many things that require some explanation considering their importance for the story.
ColtBuntlineJan 12, 2023 1:54 AM
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Sep 28, 2022 1:36 PM
Apr 2022
since volume 18 is sadly said to be the last i am curious as to how it will now slowly come to an end. I believe it’s way too soon to end the story with everything going on right now.
Oct 11, 2022 6:54 PM
Oct 2022
ColtBuntline said:

Zesshi vs Maare was the most interesting fight in this series so far. It was nice to follow all her reasoning as she tried to discover Mare's identity and observed with disgust Mare's lack of naturality. It's a pity that Zesshi lost. I'm glad she's at least still alive though, although she probably won't have a fortunate future in Nazarick. If she manages to escape, it will be nice, but the probability is low.

I think it would have been more interesting to see Ainz reacting to Maare's death and then declaring war against the Houkoku, but maybe Maruyama's creativity surpasses this and somehow things will be more interesting in the last two volumes thanks to the fact that the Houkoku's ace has already been defeated and is being held captive in Nazarick.

I can only guess that precisely because Houkoku lost Zesshi, now they will make their minds to seek an alliance with the Hyougikoku, so the war that Ainz is starting against the Houkoku will be a war against not just one, but all the two remaining countries that he wants to conquer, and so the Platinum Dragon Lord will also take part in it.

It seem like Albedo is really doing something in secrecy, and I'm very curious to know what it is...

And I wonder about whether there will or not be a proper explanation about why and how Ainz was transported to the different world, and whether or not the dystopic situation in the place where Ainz came from will ever be solved.

I may be wrong, but only two more volumes don't seem enough to explain many things that require some explanation considering their importance for the story.
ColtBuntline said:

I think this much is better bcuz if mare could be killed then nazarick is in danger to fall soon bcuz other “players” which are stronger couldn’t even defeat them and then declaring war against the Houkoku, but maybe Maruyama's creativity surpasses this and somehow things will be more interesting in the last two volumes thanks to the fact that the Houkoku's ace has already been defeated and is being held captive in Nazarick.

It seem like Albedo is really doing something in secrecy, and I'm very curious to know what it is...

ColtBuntline said:

Yeah this is better thank you very much my guy and then declaring war against the Houkoku, but maybe Maruyama's creativity surpasses this and somehow things will be more interesting in the last two volumes thanks to the fact that the Houkoku's ace has already been defeated and is being held captive in Nazarick.

. If someone could kill mare then nazarick is surely in danger my guy bcuz “players” would have a hard time so killing mare is like killing the rest of the guardians.
Oct 12, 2022 10:20 PM

Nov 2013
Kingkai04 said:
If someone could kill mare then nazarick is surely in danger my guy bcuz “players” would have a hard time so killing mare is like killing the rest of the guardians.

That would only be like killing the rest of the guardians if Zesshi had killed Maare easily, but if she had done it with a lot of difficulty, then it still wouldn't be clear whether or not she would also be able to do the same with Shalltear, for example.

Also, Zesshi is only one, while the guardians plus Ainz are many, so Zesshi would be at a disadvantage in terms of numbers, even supposing that the long haired guy who appeared with her happens to be just as strong or even stronger.

I don't think it would be a problem if Nazarick were surely in danger though; I believe that would make the story more interesting, and, in fact, I'm hoping that Ainz and all the guardians will be defeated in the end.
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Oct 14, 2022 4:08 PM
Oct 2022
Albedo at the end tho, what is she doing..any guesses? When is the next volume gonna be out too..eagerly waiting for that
Oct 17, 2022 8:31 AM

Nov 2013
Tatara__ said:
Albedo at the end tho, what is she doing..any guesses? When is the next volume gonna be out too..eagerly waiting for that

I think she's the responsible for the gathering of those undead that were written about in the previous volume.
― Saint Augustine
Dec 19, 2022 2:00 AM
Oct 2021
Tatara__ said:
There are theories that the squad of strong NPCs and mercenary monsters she built to find other members of ainz ooal gown, will instead be used to kill them. Because of the unreasonable reaction to the invaders lies in book nine. So, to avoid momonga ever having that weakness, she would rather kill them.
Mar 26, 2023 2:17 AM

Jun 2012
This would have been one of the best volume so far in the series if not for that Dark Elven vacation trip. That was such a huge waste of time.

The battle of Mare and Zeshi was amazing. All of it was in the perspective of Zeshi and it certainly was entertaining how she tries to strategize how to deal with Mare and how she tries to identify his character. There was also that one moment when she arrived at the idea of Ainz' "Kill steal" was a part of the grand scheme of things. I can already imagine that Albedo and Demiurge would interpret this coincidental encounter in the same way as Zeshi in the future. 

It was also fun to see Mare trying to be deceitful with his words and actions. He's clearly trying to replicate Ainz' fight with the elf King as Ainz play with words and hid his abilities. Although Mare kinda failed to do both, I think he learned at least something.

Can't wait for the next volume, theocracy shouldn't be too long for the world now. And there's also those undead org lurking somewhere that was mentioned last volume too.
Jan 13, 7:00 PM

Dec 2016
No surprise Antilene lost, Fairy Tail has taught me to never believe in overhyped antagonist's/viliians.

She lost the moment she faces a member of Nazarick. Disappointing but it was expected as per usual.

At the very least I hope Antilene has a happier ending than most.

There is a possibility that Ainz will see the memories from the conversation she had with the captain from Overlord II episode 1 about her marrying a man stronger than her an having a child with them, that Ainz will let her live and become Mare's wife.

I can accept an ending where Antilene marries Mare and has a child with him.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Overlord Volume 15 Discussion

ColtBuntline - Aug 4, 2022

2 by ShadowkillZ »»
May 29, 10:04 AM

Poll: » Overlord Chapter 39 Discussion

Phaetons_Folly - Sep 1, 2023

3 by Tkit »»
Sep 3, 2023 6:13 PM

» Is overlord LN a adaptation or a original work?

Kartik01528n - Jul 14, 2023

3 by BucketBall »»
Jul 15, 2023 4:51 AM

Poll: » Overlord Volume 4 Discussion

-Karoshi- - Apr 11, 2015

13 by SentrySalmanjr »»
Mar 7, 2023 1:25 PM

Poll: » Overlord Chapter 32 Discussion

Phaetons_Folly - Feb 4, 2023

0 by Phaetons_Folly »»
Feb 4, 2023 4:50 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.