Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 30, 2021 2:45 AM
Jul 2018
I've heard it's a mystery web novel and has 1000+ chapters and those who have read it really really loved it. but i want reasonable expectations so if a knowledgeable person would help me it would be great
Feb 13, 2022 12:19 PM
Feb 2021
The start is slow. But after the end of ark 1 which is quite long, the story will actually pick up pace. And let me tell you, this is the best isekai you can get in the market right now. And no, it's not a power fantasy type story, this world's rule don't let it be. But damn, the fights are extream great. The side characters are not there just to be side character but feels like actual people. And yes, the last thing is there is gore. Lots of gore so that is a thing to consider. Overall, a masterpiece.
Apr 8, 2022 3:13 AM
Oct 2015
removed-user said:
I've heard it's a mystery web novel and has 1000+ chapters and those who have read it really really loved it. but i want reasonable expectations so if a knowledgeable person would help me it would be great

ether censored fucking garbage(very high possibility since you have to remember, this manga is based on H.P love craft, and scp with bloodborne fights, hp love craft doesn't translate well into picture, also lots of gore and body horror like A LOT of it, and even though no fanservice at all and no love interest, there are multiple body horror moments with nudity)

or if uncensored a master piece that makes mushoku tensei look like sword art online.

also its by a CHINESE animation company that needs to obey ccp rules,
you decide the outcome of this anime.
Jul 19, 2022 12:15 PM

Sep 2015
Nothing. Don't expect anything.

Since the main character is alone most of the time, there's too much inner monologue for an anime to ever possibly hope to adapt it properly.

And just like the manhwa (korean manga), the cute anime style doesn't fit this story at all. An artstyle similar to the souls games, especially bloodborne, fit this story way more. The artstyle of the official character illustrations is what i image as a perfect artstyle for this story, sort of anime-like, but much more realistic, just like the characters in souls games.
Here are the official illustrations of characters you meet at the beginning of the story for you to have an idea (so not too many spoilers) : https://imgur.com/a/n97MHmB
Aug 22, 2023 8:13 PM
May 2021
With the trailer that they showed us, at least on the soundtrack, it will be very good, but I don't trust that they will adapt it well. If they do great, it will be the best intro to a series in a long time. If it's crap, at least it's lively.
Sep 23, 2023 8:33 AM
May 2023
So long as the CCP don't hoe the adapation with their regulations then this'll be easily one of the best isekai of all time, transcending the genre really as it shares very little tropes outside of the premise on which the story begins on.
Dec 10, 2023 2:09 AM
Jul 2023
Lotm is such a great webnovel, I absolutely adore it !! I have really high expectations for this, and I hope they wont fail me ! I wanna be in 2025 already to see this masterpiece animated !! 😭😭
Apr 22, 8:35 AM
Demon Venerable

Apr 2018
There are a lot of chapters, but I found it much quicker to read than many shorter novels of half that length. It's just that engaging.

One of the things I really appreciate in Lord of the Mysteries is that you can clearly see genuinely good writing. There is no such thing as making new things up whenever MC is faced with a challenge (ORV). Instead, each piece of the puzzle seamlessly comes together to form a cohesive whole every time.

The first arc is already amazing, just try it and see if you will like it or not.

I don't think any form of anime will do the justice, so I recommend the novel instead.

Cheers!
Raideroz-nimApr 22, 8:43 AM
Apr 22, 12:58 PM

Feb 2021
Reply to Raideroz-nim
There are a lot of chapters, but I found it much quicker to read than many shorter novels of half that length. It's just that engaging.

One of the things I really appreciate in Lord of the Mysteries is that you can clearly see genuinely good writing. There is no such thing as making new things up whenever MC is faced with a challenge (ORV). Instead, each piece of the puzzle seamlessly comes together to form a cohesive whole every time.

The first arc is already amazing, just try it and see if you will like it or not.

I don't think any form of anime will do the justice, so I recommend the novel instead.

Cheers!
@Raideroz-nim, any chance that the whole novel will be adapted into anime?
MemoreApr 22, 9:27 PM
Apr 22, 8:59 PM
Demon Venerable

Apr 2018
Reply to Memore
@Raideroz-nim, any chance that the whole novel will be adapted into anime?
@Memore

Not a chance. There's too much content. And even if they swore to do it, it would probably take a couple of years. I bet that anime will adapt the first arc or at least half. And as others mentioned up there, I'm sure there will be a lot of censorship.

Nevertheless, giving this anime a chance is also a good gateway to start reading a novel ^^.
Apr 22, 9:28 PM

Feb 2021
Reply to Raideroz-nim
@Memore

Not a chance. There's too much content. And even if they swore to do it, it would probably take a couple of years. I bet that anime will adapt the first arc or at least half. And as others mentioned up there, I'm sure there will be a lot of censorship.

Nevertheless, giving this anime a chance is also a good gateway to start reading a novel ^^.
@Raideroz-nim, oh, and what censorship? They already showed us blood in the first episode.
Apr 23, 5:55 AM
Demon Venerable

Apr 2018
Reply to Memore
@Raideroz-nim, oh, and what censorship? They already showed us blood in the first episode.
@Memore

And where did you watch it? I didn't even know the episode was already released, lol.

There's plenty of gore and nudity in LoTM.
Apr 23, 6:11 AM

Feb 2021
Reply to Raideroz-nim
@Memore

And where did you watch it? I didn't even know the episode was already released, lol.

There's plenty of gore and nudity in LoTM.
@Raideroz-nim, oh, I am sorry. I mistakenly wrote about another series.
May 19, 8:39 AM

Mar 2020
Reply to KaiWardin
The start is slow. But after the end of ark 1 which is quite long, the story will actually pick up pace. And let me tell you, this is the best isekai you can get in the market right now. And no, it's not a power fantasy type story, this world's rule don't let it be. But damn, the fights are extream great. The side characters are not there just to be side character but feels like actual people. And yes, the last thing is there is gore. Lots of gore so that is a thing to consider. Overall, a masterpiece.
@KaiWardin how many chapters is arc 1?

- May God Be With You -

May 19, 8:43 AM
Feb 2021
Masterbos175 said:
@KaiWardin how many chapters is arc 1?

Volume 1 is 210 chapters long while contains the Tingen Arc
Jul 1, 6:45 AM
Oct 2019
Since they’re adapting volume 1 clown which has like 215 chapters if the anime is only 12 episodes then it’ll be a huge disappointment with a lot of rushed and skipped content even though half of that volume was just slice of life or lore dump they were pretty important later on in the novel since they had alot of foreshadowing elements to huge plot twists later on in the novel. Volume 1 doesn’t have as much gore or body horror as other volumes but it still got them so idk how much of an issue that might be if they decide to censor all they stuff

More topics from this board

» Japanese dub?

Lulson - Sep 17, 2023

4 by killerup »»
Sep 2, 1:01 AM

» Excited

NotoriousAkh - Aug 21

2 by Roxiena »»
Aug 22, 1:38 PM

» My only concern is the release outside China

RealNath - Aug 11

8 by Ghxsty4300 »»
Aug 21, 3:36 PM

» 5 seasons

shog_n - Aug 16

4 by Delm_ »»
Aug 18, 10:03 PM

» New PV out

Re6278 - Aug 10

13 by empuz »»
Aug 14, 3:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.