Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 24, 2018 10:46 AM

Jan 2009
Without warning, the MAL API went down due to a security vulnerability. DeNA/MyAnimeList closed the API and there is no time frame on when it will return. This affects all third-party applications, not just ours. This means that you may not be able to use our apps.

Since this issue is primarily related to DeNA (MAL’s parent company) rather than the MAL staff, sending complaints to DeNA’s customer support seems to be our best bet at the moment. If they don’t fix it, I advise you to switch to Kitsu or AniList and boycott MyAnimeList to give them a message that this is unacceptable. Note that you can easily import your lists into these sites.

However, Hachidori (excluding MAL Sync) and Shukofukurou (Kitsu and AniList services only) are not affected by this. We will report back when there are updates.

To ease the pain, I suggest using a different Anime List management service like Kitsu. If you have purchased a donation license for MAL Updater OS X, you can request a free Hachidori license by sending your FastSpring order invoice to ateliershiori@moyit.pro. We are currently working on supporting AniList soon. With that, I apologize for the inconvenience as this is out of my control. For the time being, MAL Updater OS X donation licenses are temporarily pulled from sale until I can find a workaround.

To continue using our applications, I advise you to change to Kitsu or AniList and hold MyAnimeList and DeNA accountable. You can import MyAnimeList XML lists (only Anime for now, Manga importing coming at a later date) using the list importers in Shukofukurou.

With that, thanks for the continued support and I apologize for the inconvenience. I will make an announcement when the MAL API will return.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Hachidori 3.2 and Shukofukurou for iOS/iPadOS 2.0 Beta and macOS is now Available

chikorita157 - Oct 1, 2019

4 by chikorita157 »»
Jan 21, 2020 7:40 AM

Sticky: » RE: Return of MyAnimeList and future of MAL Updater OS X and Shukofukurou

chikorita157 - Jul 30, 2019

1 by chikorita157 »»
Aug 23, 2019 11:01 AM

» MAL Updater OS X 2.5 Alpha Now Available for Testing

chikorita157 - Apr 26, 2018

0 by chikorita157 »»
Apr 26, 2018 11:22 AM

» MAL Library 3.0 now Available for Testing

chikorita157 - Mar 19, 2018

0 by chikorita157 »»
Mar 19, 2018 11:43 AM

» Community Version of MAL Updater OS X

chikorita157 - Jan 6, 2018

0 by chikorita157 »»
Jan 6, 2018 6:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.