Forum Settings
Forums

What's your favorite work by Nakamura/ABe/Konaka?

New
Mar 4, 2010 10:34 AM
Jul 2018
So, until Despera is out let us discuss the works that show-cased the genius of those three and which one is our personal favorite.

I have a hard time deciding between Lain, Haibane Renmei and Texhnolyze. Lain was the first work by those three that I watched and was unlike anything that I've ever seen back then; I too am so fond of Lain, so this show will always have a special place in my heart. HR has my overall favorite cast of all the works mentioned, and when all the works are judged objectively, I actually find Texhnolyze the best narrative-wise.

But if I have to, my pick goes to Lain.
removed-userMay 6, 2010 11:09 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Mar 6, 2010 10:05 PM
May 2008
These three are the dream team of anime. My favorite anime that they were involved in would have to be Kino's Journey. I feel Nakamura really accomplished something with that TV series. One of the most thoughtful, intellgent, and stunning animes ever made. But I love all their work. From Konaka's work on Shadow Star Narutaru, Vampire Princes Miyu, Princess Tutu, and Birdy the Mighty, to ABe's masterpeice Haibane Renmei and his interesting Texhnolyze (with Konaka), to Nakamura's rather funny Colorful, they are all amazing shows on their own. And of course Serial Experiments Lain, the other show that all three have worked on, has been a favorite of mine for many many years.

I still have to see Nakamura's and Konaka's Ghost Hound, which looks AMAZING.

It's great to see that at least SOME writers and directors are still working on deep anime, anime that mean something, effect you emotionally, and give you things to think about.
Mar 8, 2010 1:54 PM

Feb 2010
I voted for lain it's the only one that I have seen by them, plan to watch the other one though but lain is one of a kind I think
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Despera Animage Scans and more.

-Secret- - Mar 6, 2010

0 by -Secret- »»
Mar 6, 2010 10:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.