Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 25, 2009 9:20 AM
Nov 2009
I'm always searching high and low for really good anime shows with furry characters (anything between talking-animals, shapeshifters, to anthromorphs). Here is a list of some I recommend:

Wolf's Rain
Hyper Police
Inuyasha
Kyouran Kazoku Nikki
Ranma 1/2
Spice and Wolf
Fruits Basket

Anyone know of any more anime that has furry characters?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Nov 27, 2009 8:28 PM

Oct 2007
This WikiFur page is a good start.
Dec 25, 2009 5:32 PM
Dec 2009
same as in the webcomic post, i'll share some i know :

-magical poken
-kanokon
-angel tail
-inukami
-tokio mew mew

and some mangas :

-dragon half
-kitty kitty fancia
-inumimi
-Okitsune-sama de chu
Dec 30, 2009 11:14 AM

Apr 2009
Kemonomimi is NOT furry.
And yeah, orp said it all.
Jan 1, 2010 2:43 AM

Oct 2007
Personally, I have no trouble calling kemonomimi at least semi-furry. It's just from a practical standpoint if we are to list those, we need to list virtually half of the MAL database -.-
Still, shapeshifters are perfectly fine, so titles like MagiPoka sure do belong.

Also, wikifur is a good start, but it's far from being all-encompassing.
Jan 1, 2010 12:00 PM
Dec 2009
well, you may see it like that.

but from what i know, "???mimi" refer to animal ears, so if it has a tail too, it kinda become furry.

but beside that in thoses i listed, i think at some point they all have some sort of full furry shape
Jan 1, 2010 1:41 PM

Apr 2009
orp said:
I have no trouble calling kemonomimi at least semi-furry.

"Almost" doesn't count.

orp said:
Still, shapeshifters are perfectly fine, so titles like MagiPoka sure do belong.

Sorry, didn't know Poka~n had these. I've only seen the opening and read a little about the plot, so I thought it only had nekomimi.

Calysto said:
animal ears, so if it has a tail too, it kinda become furry.

Not enough. Tails and ears make character a nekomimi, inumimi, whatever, not furry.
Here's a chart FYI:

Calysto said:
at some point they all have some sort of full furry shape

Now we're talking.
FureonJan 1, 2010 2:14 PM
Jan 1, 2010 4:10 PM

Oct 2007
There's the animal antropomorphism spectrum behind the labels. Those are useful for practical purposes, but you shouldn't let them obscure the big picture if you're going to have a serious discussin. And I suggest we don't, since an anime website is hardly a place for one.
Jan 1, 2010 5:02 PM

Apr 2009
As you wish, but I don't even understand what discussion there could possibly be...
Jan 3, 2010 9:36 AM
Nov 2009
I guess to me, when I consider if an anime has a 'furry' enough character, it all depends if they act animal-like at all or have some kind of furry/animal form. The most minimal furry-like character I would go for is a person with cat ears that BEHAVES like that animal. If this character simply has cat ears for show, it's not furry enough for me.

Of course I think what is considered 'furry-enough' is according to each individual's own personal tastes.
Jan 3, 2010 1:55 PM

Oct 2007
Kohitsu said:
I guess to me, when I consider if an anime has a 'furry' enough character, it all depends if they act animal-like at all or have some kind of furry/animal form. The most minimal furry-like character I would go for is a person with cat ears that BEHAVES like that animal. If this character simply has cat ears for show, it's not furry enough for me.

I'm certain I share the same feelings about it.
Oct 6, 2010 2:48 AM
Sep 2010
Based on what I see here..

Soul Eater has animal-based and shape shifting characters. Should be added to the list.

And some rather more epic ones would follow suit, such as:

Princess Mononoke, for talking animal gods.
Spirited Away, half the stuff in that movie is a talking animal being.

Where as, these aren't really all furry. Furry doesn't consume anything that has animal-esque features. Furries are furries. Anthromorphic beings. Talking animals still fall within "Feral" constraints. People with animal attributes, such as tail, ears, and goofing about as if they were an animal, are still not furries. At all. No matter of personal feelings.
Creator
Club still under construction. This club is for furries!
Aug 25, 2012 3:08 PM
Aug 2012
-Arashi No Yoru Ni
http://myanimelist.net/anime/1961/Arashi_no_Yoru_ni

-Pom Poko
http://myanimelist.net/anime/1030/Pom_Poko

Two really awesome anime. Because Miyazaki is good, but these are to see absolutely.
Feb 16, 2013 2:26 PM
Jan 2013
Kohitsu said:
I'm always searching high and low for really good anime shows with furry characters (anything between talking-animals, shapeshifters, to anthromorphs).

Anyone know of any more anime that has furry characters?

I recommend World Destruction, Mondaiji Tachi ga Isekai kara kuru sou desu yo
And I can't forget One Piece whith the zoan fruits
Feb 16, 2013 6:13 PM

Mar 2012
There's also Kaiketsu Zorori and Gregory's Horror Show too. It's a clear sign that this club isn't that active if no one has mentioned Shirokuma Cafe by now...
Feb 16, 2013 7:27 PM
Jan 2013
yazio said:
There's also Kaiketsu Zorori and Gregory's Horror Show too. It's a clear sign that this club isn't that active if no one has mentioned Shirokuma Cafe by now...

I agree, there are almost no posts. But I only mention the animes that I like. Shirokuma Cafe and Inu-girl not interest me
I also recommend Tenchi Muyo!, especially the Spin-off: GXP has more furry
Feb 27, 2013 6:42 AM

Mar 2012
Just saw one in the recommendations of today, Neko Rahmen, which reminded me of other furry shorts: Catman, Damekko Doubutsu, Nyanpire, and Orochuban Ebichu. Also on movies, there's Cat Soup, Spring and Chaos, and The Cat Returns (All about cats ^_^).
Apr 23, 2013 10:27 AM
Jul 2018
Wolf Children and Bagi, The Monster of Mighty Nature are two very furry anime movies.
Show wise, how about Tenchi Muyo GXP?

And there are some in Bleach too.

EDIT: Just noticed that someone already mentioned Tenchi.
May 20, 2013 10:43 PM

Aug 2011
I'm actually really surprised no one's mentioned Ginga Nagareboshi Gin yet. It's not a new anime, but the story revolves around a canine hero, and other feral animals.

.Hack//Roots also has anthro characters in it. The story isn't centered around them, but one is a kind of protagonist, and another is a neutral, recurring character. There's a nekomimi of sorts (her tail is her hair, it's weird...) who's technically part of the main cast, but she's not really furry.

I don't know how adult some of our members here are but I just recently watched a werewolf hentai called Megami Kyouju. The description had me thinking it would be just another inumimi, maybe with some extra fur for accents, but she turned out to be a full fledged, anthropomorphic werewolf and I was really happy about that.

I know that I know of more that have actual furry characters, not the nekomimi type, but shirokuma kafe and Miyazaki's films been mentioned already and I'm drawing a blank right now.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 21, 2013 5:56 AM
Jul 2018
Huh. I had never heard of Ginga Nagareboshi Gin.
I like .hack//roots. I should get back to watching it.
May 21, 2013 6:47 AM

Mar 2012
Ginga Nageroboshi Gin, quite a classic (often overshadowed by it's sequel, Ginga Densetsu Weed). There's also the Violinist of Hammeln and Dragon Quest: Dai's Adventure, though they only have the kemono as support characters or antagonist.

Felkes said:

I don't know how adult some of our members here are but I just recently watched a werewolf hentai called Megami Kyouju. The description had me thinking it would be just another inumimi, maybe with some extra fur for accents, but she turned out to be a full fledged, anthropomorphic werewolf and I was really happy about that.

Just curious, how gory is it?
May 24, 2013 11:50 PM
Jul 2018
Hmm...Gurren Lagann has furries, kemonomimi, etc. It spans much of the spectrum, really.
It varies depending upon which character you look at.

I mean, almost all of the bad guys in the first half are like this, and it ranges from dog people to bunny people to a woman with a scorpion tail.
Some characters have fur all over their body while others look nearly human with maybe just fangs or claws.

Better yet, the show is one of the best I've ever seen, I think.
So its a sort of furry anime that's really good too! I really recomend it.

Here's some pics. You can see for yourself and see its wide range:

yazio said:
Ginga Nageroboshi Gin, quite a classic (often overshadowed by it's sequel, Ginga Densetsu Weed). There's also the Violinist of Hammeln and Dragon Quest: Dai's Adventure, though they only have the kemono as support characters or antagonist.

Hmm...I might look into some of these. Does Dragon Quest: Dai's Adventure have anything to do with the Dragon Quest games?
removed-userMay 25, 2013 12:12 AM
May 25, 2013 6:15 AM

Mar 2012
Sounds like and interesting anime, might put it into my 400-something queue '-_-. Dragon Quest: Dai... is based on the Dragon Quest series, but I don't remember if it's based on an specific game on the series or not. It includes several references to RPG games if I'm not mistaken.
May 25, 2013 12:01 PM
Jul 2018
yazio said:
Sounds like and interesting anime, might put it into my 400-something queue '-_-. Dragon Quest: Dai... is based on the Dragon Quest series, but I don't remember if it's based on an specific game on the series or not. It includes several references to RPG games if I'm not mistaken.

Ah. Thanks for the info. And I have a ton of anime in my PTW myself.

And if you ever get around to watching Gurren Lagann, let me know.
I'd enjoy hearing what you'd have to say about it as you watch it.
removed-userMay 25, 2013 12:04 PM
Nov 10, 2013 5:23 PM
Jul 2018
Oh yeah.
I just remembered one. Blue Submarine No. 6 has got quite a few of them, and they play quite a large role in the show (its only 4 episodes long though). Heck, in a way they are the main antagonists. Here's some pics:
http://www.craiglotter.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/blue-submarine-no-6-anime-ova-screenshot-1.jpg
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5kx4e5LCx1qmpg90o1_500.gif
http://24.media.tumblr.com/f9357bbac06a9a25c15527f9ee4b0423/tumblr_mlva79kW0G1qbqkoqo1_1280.png
http://31.media.tumblr.com/1ba88d26a3657071b26c60590cd8ecc5/tumblr_mjmpxucNRB1qg0ruko1_500.png
Most of the creatures in the anime look like the fish girl, so someone might see em' as less furry and more...I don't actually know what you'd call it. Its not fur most of them have, but figured I'd mention it. Seems relevant enough. Some in it still fit the term well though.
Its a pretty good anime with great art and animation, minus the CGI in it.
removed-userNov 10, 2013 5:28 PM
Nov 28, 2013 1:09 PM
Nov 2009
Megami Kyouju (Legend of the Wolf Woman) was a hentai DVD that I picked up at the mall on a spur-of-the-moment. It was only $15 so I thought what the heck, I've randomly picked up $30 hentai OVA DVDs that really sucked so I wasn't expecting much, but... I was not disappointed and it is probably one of my most favorite hentai titles to date.

The movie Wolf Children is awesome, I love everything about it.

Nyan Koi was kind of disappointing, the cats were cute but the whole love triangle thing gets annoying (don't particularly care for romance unless it's well done/artistic).

I'm still waiting for a season 3 of Wolf and Spice but I doubt that will happen now.

Spring and Chaos is a very good movie, quite a tearjerker and deeply moving movie with a cast of anthropomorphic cats.

Think I might go back and rewatch Wolf's Rain when I've finished my "to do" list of anime I need to watch, which is about 100 or so....

Still keeping my eyes out for some good anime involving furry characters but right now my list consists of older shows/movies like from the 80's/90's, unless I've missed something that's come out in recent years. I have a hard time keeping up with what new anime comes out each year that I might want to watch later on.
Feb 22, 2015 1:46 AM
Feb 2015
and if you like a little bobbis kanokon special or ova
Feb 27, 2015 10:02 AM

Sep 2014
Battlechili1 said:
Hmm...Gurren Lagann has furries, kemonomimi, etc. It spans much of the spectrum, really.
It varies depending upon which character you look at.

I mean, almost all of the bad guys in the first half are like this, and it ranges from dog people to bunny people to a woman with a scorpion tail.
Some characters have fur all over their body while others look nearly human with maybe just fangs or claws.

Better yet, the show is one of the best I've ever seen, I think.
So its a sort of furry anime that's really good too! I really recomend it.

Here's some pics. You can see for yourself and see its wide range:

Good for you if you like it.....
For me, it was one of the worst experiences I've ever had...
I would like to say every points I hate in this show but one thing I don't like is how the furries are "evil neo-nazi" badguys cliches who are here just to be" living sandbags", being brutally put down by the "good" humans enlightened by the saint speeches of a dumb big-head jerk...

Anyway, It has Keyman: The Hand of Judgement. A "Film Noir" manga about a Super-Hero murder.
It has many anthro-characters (the main hero , Alex, is a "T-Rex" detective man) and It's a refreshing story.
Mar 5, 2015 8:43 AM

Mar 2012
Balong said:
Anyway, It has Keyman: The Hand of Judgement. A "Film Noir" manga about a Super-Hero murder.
It has many anthro-characters (the main hero , Alex, is a "T-Rex" detective man) and It's a refreshing story.
Sounds pretty interesting, though it kind of reminds me of Dorohedoro.
Jan 6, 2019 5:54 PM
May 2018
Show by Rock!!
Jan 17, 2019 11:24 PM

Jan 2015
Has Ginga Nagareboshi Gin, or it's sequel Ginga Densetsu Weed been recommended yet? I mean, it's about dogs, and it's feral rather than anthro, but they talk and stuff?? idk check it out if interests you, I loved those two <3
ShironMaoKyoshroJan 17, 2019 11:29 PM
Feb 24, 2019 8:21 AM
Mar 16, 2020 7:49 AM
Jul 2018
I think this counts as furry, the show has them in catgirl/boy forms mostly but the characters are actually cats and dogs: https://myanimelist.net/anime/39942/Uchi_Tama_Uchi_no_Tama_Shirimasen_ka
removed-userMar 16, 2020 8:22 AM
Oct 12, 2020 9:55 AM

Feb 2020
Actually furry animals, so not just catgirls or stuff like that.

-Beastars
-BNA
-Aggretsuko
-Africa Salaryman
Go read Mysterious Girlfriend X, Ookumo-chan Flashback, and Discommunication RIGHT NOW.
Jul 26, 2021 12:24 AM

Oct 2020
Definitely watch K.O. Beast.

May 25, 2022 9:37 AM
May 2022
Sooooo... Beastars exists. I recommend manga over the anime, but the anime is pretty good. One of the best CGI animes out there. The manga is the best one I have read though.
Manga: https://myanimelist.net/manga/103701/Beastars
Anime: https://myanimelist.net/anime/39195/Beastars
BEASTARS Season 3 will be the best anime ever :)
May 25, 2022 9:39 AM
May 2022
BNA or Brand New Animal is freaking sick. I love this one a lot. Started the show expecting to watch a few episodes and then go to bed... ended up binging all of it until 2 am. Highly recommend.
BEASTARS Season 3 will be the best anime ever :)
Jun 5, 2022 9:41 PM
Jun 2022
no clue man
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Post a fursuit and the below user will determine whether it's cute or not

Etcetera- - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Ass-san »»
Aug 21, 2023 1:42 AM

» How Did You Become Furry or Gain Interest In The Fandom?

removed-user - Apr 29, 2013

11 by Etcetera- »»
Jul 26, 2021 12:29 AM

Sticky: » Official Anime, Manga, and Character Relations

removed-user - Dec 6, 2013

15 by DoktorHaus »»
Oct 13, 2018 9:01 AM

Sticky: » Furry Videogames

yazio - Dec 22, 2013

7 by yazio »»
Apr 25, 2014 5:42 PM

» webcomics

orp - Aug 27, 2009

11 by BuddhaDom »»
Nov 23, 2013 7:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.