Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 11, 2009 4:59 PM

Sep 2007
Not everyone has the same feeling about the nobility of a certain character, thus there is a chance that I have added an unworthy heroine and/or manga/anime onto the list. Since this club's goal is to separate the exceptional heroines from the mediocre, I think having the option of booting a character is very important. If you see any character and/or manga/anime that you feel does not belong here, this is the place to make your sentiments known. I will very much appreciate it if you do, because often times I add a character without knowing much about them.

How to boot a character:

1. Give me the character's full name and what manga or anime they are from.

2. If it is only an anime or manga, just list it.

3. A reason is not necessary, but if you do provide a good reason, that character will immediately be removed.

4. If you do not provide a reason, then the character will require 2 other member's votes. Once the character has been suggested 3 times, she will automatically be removed.

5. If you see a character that you think does not deserve to be removed, you can vote against removing them. No reasons are required. If this character receives 3 votes against removal, her name will be taken off the boot list.

6. In the case of conflicting votes, a character that has at least 2/3 of the vote in favor of removal will be removed.

THE BOOT:

Hayasaka, Yukari - Paradise Kiss
{1||1} in the relations.

Inverse, Lina - Slayers, Slayers Next, Slayers Try, Slayers Revolution, Slayers Evolution-R
{1||1} in the relations.

Kurau, Christmas - KURAU: Phantom Memory
{1||2} out of the relations.
soaring_wingsNov 10, 2010 8:00 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jun 29, 2010 10:39 AM

Sep 2007
After much considering and reconsidering. I have decided that I will cast my vote against Christmas from Kurau: Phantom Memory. I've already wrote a mini spiel in Christmas's own thread, so I won't do that again. But I will say that ultimately, I don't think Christmas has enough emotional strength to be included in this club. It's only in the final episode that she grows a backbone, far too late for my tastes. The fact that she reinforces gender stereotypes (feminine = meek, small, passive, and in need of protection) only further shows that Christmas isn't the kind of heroine this club aims to showcase.

I made this club to show that girls, even feminine one, can be strong, independent, assertive, yet still be good people. (This is also why this club, while similar to Badass Female, is ultimately a different project. Where Badass Female showcases strong, tough, independent ladies, this club wants to show that female characters don't have to kill and be "evil" to be tough and independent).
Jul 31, 2010 2:38 AM
Oct 2009
Yukari Hayasaka from Paradise Kiss...don't get me wrong, I like her, but I don't see how she qualifies as a noble heroine? ^^; By all means, someone provide a good example of how she is and I'll reconsider, but I just can't seem to think of anything. She was a very realistic girl, flawed, selfish and irrational at times, working for her own means without thinking of others. That doesn't mean she can't be a noble heroine, but also taking that she hasn't actually done anything really noble either to counteract that...I think she should be off the list. It kind of weakens the list if a lot of random people are on there, yeah?
Jul 31, 2010 9:55 PM

Sep 2007
ah, Yukari was added awhile ago. In our old thread (it's now gone because it was having problems so I made a new one) there were two members who recommended her. I've only read 2-3 volumes of ParaKiss so I'm not the best judge of whether she qualifies. But I do recall someone saying she's a bit more noble in the anime (which I haven't seen). I'll leave her in the relations for now...hopefully someone else can reply....I'll check out wiki as soon as I can to decision whether she should be kick out without anyone other votes.

The most I can recall from the discussion in the old thread was that at the end, she decided to pursue her career as a model for her own reasons and not because people were pushing her into it or because she was in love with one of the designers. I call that noble because you're doing something you enjoy/good at, trying to make the most of your life (be fully human), and not being afraid of what your parents think about that (which was one of Yukari's major problems early in the manga). This is of course, more of an everyday example of nobility. An you are free to disagree that this is nobility.
Nov 9, 2010 8:24 PM

Mar 2009
Yeah, I'd vote against Christmas from Kurau too. She finally grows a set in like, the second to last episode, but it's too little too late, she spends the vast majority of the series just being a designated protection item. She might as well have been glued at the hip to Kurau, Christmas would be the parasitic twin who couldn't do jack on her own obviously. And yeah, she reinforces the gender roles of having a young girl be the protection item too (even if the protector is also a female that just balances out the show, not the character of Christmas)
Nov 10, 2010 7:59 AM

Sep 2007
Christmas will now officially be booted from the relations as we have 2 votes against and 1 for keeping her.
Nov 11, 2010 5:25 PM

Apr 2010
Uhh, soaring_wings, may I remind you that Christ is the reason behind Christmas(X-mas), if you know what I just said it here.
Dec 12, 2010 9:15 PM

Sep 2007
mangafreakZX said:
Uhh, soaring_wings, may I remind you that Christ is the reason behind Christmas(X-mas), if you know what I just said it here.

Yes, I know. I happen to be Roman Catholic. ;)

We aren't booting the holiday, 'Christmas', but a character who was named Christmas because me and another member felt she does not live up to the club's standards. As for why she is named Christmas, well that's a big spoiler, but basically, the one who named her Christmas had good memories of Christmas, the holiday.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Additions to the Relations ( 1 2 3 )

soaring_wings - Sep 22, 2009

134 by RachelPanda »»
Mar 1, 2014 8:44 AM

» What are you reading?

soaring_wings - Apr 20, 2010

8 by soaring_wings »»
Sep 13, 2012 2:57 PM

» What are you watching?

soaring_wings - Apr 20, 2010

10 by soaring_wings »»
Aug 18, 2012 3:24 AM

» Heroine of the Month: Yuri (February)

soaring_wings - Feb 1, 2010

5 by soaring_wings »»
May 9, 2012 12:34 PM

» Noble Heroines in Other Forms of Media

soaring_wings - Jan 30, 2010

48 by soaring_wings »»
Apr 14, 2012 9:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.