Forum Settings
Forums

Animes with originality (In your opinion) and why?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 6, 2013 9:45 PM

Jun 2013
Ryugen said:
Highschool of the dead
because apparently this is the only good zombie anime
Check out Shiki.
I'd say Psycho Pass was pretty original and epic.

Nov 6, 2013 9:53 PM
Oct 2013
I think that of the most original anime I have watched are
One piece because the powers you get from a devil fruit are so unique. I man have you ever seen an anime with a rubber man or someone who uses boogers as a weapon. Also the artwork is very unique and the friendship in the story is done beautifully.

Also Hitman Reborn for the same reason. Tsuna uses fire and Gokudera uses dynamite. Any anime I have seen doesnt use an animal as a weapon. Finally there are a wide variety of characters, there is a calm person, a shy leader, an arrogant person and so on.
Nov 6, 2013 10:31 PM

Aug 2012
zdude18 said:
Ryugen said:
Highschool of the dead
because apparently this is the only good zombie anime
Check out Shiki.

Those ain't zombies
كنت تهدر وقتك عن طريق ترجمة هذه.

mattbenz99 said:
Christians and Satanists are technically the same thing
Nov 7, 2013 12:28 AM
Oct 2013
Dennou Coil, may be. It's pretty amazing how they build a solid future world without using sliver building and pitch-black website unlike future-themed animes from a certain studio.

Also, for Death Note, I've read a similar manga about God's note. A one shot written by Oda and it was published before Death Note. There is an assumption that Death Note was inspired by that one shot. So... I doubt Death Note is the most original.
Nov 7, 2013 12:31 AM

Jun 2012
anonimkun said:
Dennou Coil, may be. It's pretty amazing how they build a solid future world without using sliver building and pitch-black website unlike future-themed animes from a certain studio.

Also, for Death Note, I've read a similar manga about God's note. A one shot written by Oda and it was published before Death Note. There is an assumption that Death Note was inspired by that one shot. So... I doubt Death Note is the most original.

Man Dennou Coil. It's one of those titles that you hear no one talk about and just slips your mind but then when someone does mention it you go like "Man Dennou Coil such a great title".
Nov 7, 2013 12:45 AM

May 2013
I thought Steins; gate was rather quite original.

It was mainly the details and specifics that were original, not the concept.
Nov 7, 2013 12:57 AM

Dec 2012
The Tatami Galaxy - Never has there or will be something like this again.

Welcome to the NHK - Psychological, slice of life and romance all put together

GTO - There is only one Onizuka

Blood Lad - Can't describe it well but the story and setting were so original. Seemed kind of like a game

Evangelion - Angels which are more like demons, depressing story and a very abstract and ambiguous ending.
"Relying on someone, helping each other out, and supporting each other. Most would say that's the right thing to do. However, that's just idealistic. In reality, someone always gets the short end of the stick"

http://p1.i.ntere.st/3b9596c6911c1c6844478fe7ace4e887_480.jpg

Nov 7, 2013 1:13 AM

Oct 2013
pralan said:
Inferno Cop, because it's Inferno Cop

Words that should be carved in stone.
Nov 7, 2013 5:37 AM

Aug 2009
Higurashi?

I would also say Monogatari but then that anime with the medicine seller(forgot the name) came to mind.
Nov 7, 2013 6:00 AM

Sep 2012
ssjokg said:
Higurashi?

I would also say Monogatari but then that anime with the medicine seller(forgot the name) came to mind.

Mononoke I guess.
Nov 7, 2013 6:21 AM

Aug 2009
2_Steps_Ahead said:
ssjokg said:
Higurashi?

Mononoke I guess.
That's it, thanks!
Nov 7, 2013 8:42 AM

Jun 2013
I think Monster would be the most original anime I've watched.
Nov 7, 2013 8:50 AM

Apr 2013
2_Steps_Ahead said:
ssjokg said:
Higurashi?

Mononoke I guess.

How do you make the Logh pic?
It is so dense. Every single image has so many things going on.
Nov 7, 2013 11:27 AM
May 2013
Durarara! was pretty original. It had non-chronological storytelling and cool characters like FUCKING SHIZUO :D It has a distinct artstyle in which only the relevant characters are colored as well.
Nov 7, 2013 2:54 PM

Nov 2013
hmmm.... Great Teacher Onizuka is pretty original
Goku: If these guy's are after us, Maybe Sanzo's also...
Hakkai: A Fake Sanzo?
Goku/Gojyo/Hakkai: I wanna beat the crap out of it!

Goku: (about his broken leg) "My leg needs meat."
Sanzo: "Nice try."

Nov 7, 2013 3:46 PM

May 2013
Shocked said:

Haibane Renmei for reasons I'm still not sure of yet. I think it's using religious symbolism not to reference any specific religion, but to reference the ideas in a lot of religions about sin and forgiveness.

yeah Haibane Renmei was really 'original' you don't see many stories like that. It had this 'outside of time' feeling to it.

I think Magi: Labyrinth of Magic was also very original...a completely new take on the Alladin mythos and it was very inspirational to me. Very warm feeling to it.

Also yeah most animes are pretty original but those two seem to stand apart somewhat in terms of what other animes could be compared to them.
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Nov 7, 2013 5:31 PM

Feb 2013
Dark_Chaos said:
Psycho Pass was the most original anime I've seen yet. A world where you are a criminal before you even commit a crime.

They're not exactly the same, but Minority Report.
Nov 7, 2013 6:32 PM
Jul 2018
Baccano! - Plot and the way it was executed.
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - Artwork, plot, characters were all so over the top and fun. Haven't come across any other like it yet.
Level E - Troll alien come to Earth, how often do you come across that?
Kyousougiga - I've seen it several times and I am still trying to wrap my mind around what it's about. Unique plot, fun characters and different art.
Mononoke - Art was trippy, as was story and way it was done.
Princess Tutu - Unpredictable, definitely different from it it's genre.
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei and The Tatami Galaxy.
Tsuritama
Nov 7, 2013 8:30 PM

Jul 2012
chrysalibun said:
Dark_Chaos said:
Psycho Pass was the most original anime I've seen yet. A world where you are a criminal before you even commit a crime.

They're not exactly the same, but Minority Report.

In the anime world, PP is pretty original.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » what is your stance on "i don't wanna watch that anime, the art style sucks" ? ( 1 2 )

ame - May 29

92 by Rinrinka »»
45 seconds ago

» Any other Retro Anime watchers only?

Iron_Leopard - May 30

29 by FanofAction »»
2 minutes ago

» anime with unexpectedly good openings

kushakashi - Aug 6, 2023

30 by GCRyan »»
14 minutes ago

» Why do people "self-insert" with weak characters

Anjuro - Yesterday

28 by BigBoyAdvance »»
22 minutes ago

Poll: » The most overrated characters that everyone loves ( 1 2 3 )

Lizz_Aleister - Dec 1, 2020

125 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
33 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.