Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 17, 2013 12:04 AM
May 2013
How's the romance / character development in this manga? Any disappointments? Any similarity to girl friends or sasameki koto?
Jun 17, 2013 3:45 PM

Nov 2012
the romance and character development is handled in a realistic way. the problem that stems from the characters being gay is not how it affects society but how it affects the characters themselves and how they live with it. for example our main character sometimes thinks that maybe shes weird and gross for liking girls.

there is a similarity to girl friends in some ways. but im not gonna spoil what exactly. not much in common to sasameki except fumi reminds me of that dark haired glasses girl from it and thats about it.

the biggest disappointment is how its ending. theres only one chapter left and without spoiling anything these last few chapters havent really been handled well. and one thing that drives everyone crazy about aoi hana is the fact that there are way too many side characters with their own story arcs. and no offense to the artist but her range on character design isnt wide so it gets confusing on whos story youre reading.

once i was confused by one of fumi's story. i felt like i missed a couple of chapters cause they were talking about things i havent heard about. turns out it wasnt fumi, it was some other character who looks exactly like her without glasses and her hair tied back. but most of the story is focused on fumi and akira, which is good.

ive read many yuri manga including girl friends (never read sasameki koto cause i felt like it was a waste of time even if it is funny. hate love stories were the 2 characters have feelings for each other and the other dont know it and its just a matter of time before they get together which the audience knows is gonna happen anyways.) and in my personal opinion aoi hana is the best for its portrayal of gay high school girls and some that arent gay.

at least give it a chance. :) also check out the anime.
Jun 18, 2013 7:45 AM

Aug 2009
if you're expecting lots of romance you gonna be dissapointed, the author dragged this manga for too long and now the ending is being rushed.

as volt79 said, this manga is a mess, sometimes you don't know wtf are you reading lol.

but overall i think its ok to read, the manga is ending soon so you won't have to wait for 2 months for a single chapter.
Jan 28, 2014 2:04 PM
Jul 2018
I've only read up to Chapter 48 or something, but I feel this is a very realistic portrayal of the subject matter at hand. It's drawn out, complicated and may advance too slow for some people. There isn't any overdone drama though, or scenes/instances that are there just to be there. I started with the anime but it doesn't cover nearly as much as the manga, so I gave it a shot. I'm really glad I did. I would give it a shot. If realism is your thing, you should enjoy Aoi Hana a lot.
removed-userJan 28, 2014 2:16 PM
Feb 20, 2018 7:27 AM

Jan 2011
New reader here. I check that for 2 years 52/55 chapters is translated by fan. Should I still read this regardless whether I can read the last 3 chapters or not?
HyoroemonAug 27, 2018 7:42 PM
There is like 2 weeks delay in my recent reading list
I randomly bought discount/second hand manga with cute/mysterious cover.

Use Personal Blacklist extension in Chrome if you just want to Google for a series synopsis, without google slapping MAL score in it.
3/1
Aug 8, 2018 11:03 AM

Nov 2017
This series just got translated and published in English. Phenomenal series. The ending was rushed, I would've liked to see even more intimate moments and stuff. The first time I read it I thought the extra characters got in the way, but the second time I really understood this as a beautiful series.

A lot of psycho-sexual stuff going on with Fumi. And her friend doesn't know how to deal with her attraction half the time. Eventually though, her friend admits to herself that she wants the other girl and needs her, and might indeed be the same.

The way their relationship sprouts is breathtaking.

A fine series, if you like Yuri at all then it's essential. It's a really beautiful, peaceful series about two women finding love with each other.
Aug 27, 2018 8:08 AM

Jun 2016
Hyoroemon said:
New reader here. I check that for 2 years 52/5 chapters is translated by fan. Should I still read this regardless whether I can read the last 3 chapters or not?

All chapters have been translated! There are three bonus chapters, like 33.5, 38.5 etc that raise the total count to 55. The last chapter is numbered 52.

Anyway, the ending is great and this manga is well, well worth a read!
Aug 27, 2018 7:41 PM

Jan 2011
Wow, MAL send me email notif about this reply.
Thanks for the reply, I will read this.
There is like 2 weeks delay in my recent reading list
I randomly bought discount/second hand manga with cute/mysterious cover.

Use Personal Blacklist extension in Chrome if you just want to Google for a series synopsis, without google slapping MAL score in it.
3/1

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aoi Hana Chapter 52 Discussion

Kokujin-kun - Jul 17, 2013

31 by TitanInsane »»
Aug 2, 2021 4:38 AM

Poll: » Aoi Hana Chapter 30 Discussion

poleno - Dec 2, 2009

16 by Roberta_Cojones »»
Sep 13, 2018 6:32 AM

Poll: » Aoi Hana Chapter 16 Discussion

Phaetons_Folly - Feb 2, 2018

1 by Greyknit »»
Aug 17, 2018 2:06 AM

Poll: » Aoi Hana Chapter 25 Discussion

kiririnshi - Apr 19, 2010

7 by Phaetons_Folly »»
Feb 5, 2018 3:13 PM

Poll: » Aoi Hana Chapter 24 Discussion

Phaetons_Folly - Feb 4, 2018

0 by Phaetons_Folly »»
Feb 4, 2018 9:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.