Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 28, 2013 2:29 PM

Dec 2012
So, yeah, I kinda feel I see a lot of references here, lets start with the 3 biggest ones:

1. Shion looks just like Makise Kurisu from Steins;Gate, I mean, come on, same hairstyle (just in diffent color), similar clothing (the most exterior piece is hang under shoulders) and she is also genius.

2. Mao - Taiga from Toradora, both in highschool but they look a lot younger, similar hairstyle, has that one guy that they fight with and that hamster.. ;)

3. Fourth ending chours sounded very similar to 'God Knows' from Haruhi, I think it even used same lyrics at one point (or at least something very similar sounding).

Any of you had the same feeling or did you found other references? :>
Apr 30, 2013 5:29 AM

Sep 2011
Sulo said:
So, yeah, I kinda feel I see a lot of references here, lets start with the 3 biggest ones:

1. Shion looks just like Makise Kurisu from Steins;Gate, I mean, come on, same hairstyle (just in diffent color), similar clothing (the most exterior piece is hang under shoulders) and she is also genius.

2. Mao - Taiga from Toradora, both in highschool but they look a lot younger, similar hairstyle, has that one guy that they fight with and that hamster.. ;)

3. Fourth ending chours sounded very similar to 'God Knows' from Haruhi, I think it even used same lyrics at one point (or at least something very similar sounding).

Any of you had the same feeling or did you found other references? :>

LOL, Aren't you just being overly sensitive?
1.) Shion looks like Makise Kurisu........yeah, just like many other characters in other animes. A reference isn't complete until you spout the same line. Makise Kurisu doesn't have any redeeming traits for her looks that make her iconic and easily referenced. If you look at Lucky Star, when they reference something, they use an iconic or defining feature, if the character doesn't have a defining feature from the appearance, then they use a line. Until Shion comes out sputing lines like Makise kurisu, then I doubt its a reference (FYI, I haven't watched Steins;gate, but even without watching, I can still rest assure of my opinion)
2.) Once again, a reference based on look. Just because you see a loli character that looks like Taiga doesn't make it a reference to Taiga. Taiga's appearance is the stereotypical loli, so you can't tell unless Mao spouts out "Ryuuji!" or something like that.
3.) You know what, I didn't realize that. Thanks for pointing it out, but once again, I doubt it. But song reference is very frank. It has to be on an exact same tone, pitch and rhythm, and if needed, lyrics as well should be copied.

Anyway, I don't think they'd allow main characters to reference other characters since they'll be seen for the entire series. If its a reference, then it would be because its from the same author, otherwise, the reference character would only be on screen for a VERY short period of time. References are for comedy and entertainment purposes. otherwise, the character design wouldn't be original and the author would most probably have to pay for copy rights.
Please note, I'm not 100% sure about what I'm saying. All I'm saying is, maybe your just a little too sensitive? ^_^
There comes a time when you need to become stronger and finally move forward from playing like a child, to strong adult

More topics from this board

» Some Indonesian Language Words in this Anime ^^

dera_mochimazui - Feb 20, 2013

16 by sillycoffecatof7 »»
Jun 26, 4:13 PM

Poll: » GJ-bu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2013

161 by bakakisima »»
Jan 14, 9:17 AM

Poll: » GJ-bu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Elite60 - Mar 6, 2013

70 by bakakisima »»
Jan 14, 7:28 AM

Poll: » GJ-bu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Elite60 - Feb 27, 2013

67 by bakakisima »»
Jan 14, 7:05 AM

Poll: » GJ-bu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Elite60 - Jan 23, 2013

71 by bakakisima »»
Jan 13, 9:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.