Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 16, 2012 10:25 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
Bleach, Naruto, One piece. I heard about them...Are they any good? Which one is worth watching or checking out? I know all 3 are shonens, but preferrably the main lead char have to be brave, cool, and accept challenges!. some feedback on the BIG 3!
張大です for 張大勇督察
Sep 16, 2012 10:31 PM

Apr 2012
Monkey__D__Luffy here, I would recommend watching One Piece, idk if I meet your standards but I love challenges, also thankfully there isn't so many fillers which I really dislike because I wish I had the time to sleep! If you want an amazing adventure that you will never forget, watch me as I go on my journey to find One Piece.
Sep 16, 2012 10:35 PM

Apr 2012
Naw honestly though One Piece is the best selling manga for a reason, if you don't mind the amount of episodes there is, then I completely recommend this. Also somethings about Bleach, the first 30 episodes or so were pretty bleh so you would have to get past that, but once it got into the soul society arc it was pretty good, pretty much after that, the anime failed and had 40+ episode filler arcs which got pretty annoying, also it stopped airing when the story wasn't complete yet. For Naruto, the first series wasn't bad, the last 70 or so episodes were fillers though, but I wouldn't recommend Shippuuden.

P.S. I may be a bit biased towards One Piece.
Sep 16, 2012 10:42 PM

Nov 2008
IMO one piece > bleach + naruto + all other shonen combined

bleach = pretty good up to episode 50ish than it became dragon z with random new power ups and random crap before i dropped it

naruto = meh first 100 eps, then got 100 eps of filler
shippuuuden = soso from what I have seen before dropped
hi
Sep 16, 2012 10:42 PM
Jun 2012
of course one piece is the best. hands down. :)
Sep 16, 2012 10:45 PM

Apr 2012
^^^ is it just me or does he have 1m anime list views?
Sep 16, 2012 10:49 PM

Jun 2010
From a non biased standpoint (/glare@luffy) i would still recommend One Piece for the following reasons:
-Bleach is good at the start but as soon as the first batch of fillers comes it it just bombs and almost never recovers.(the fillers overstay their welcome in the show)
-Naruto is okish but falls apart very fast as most of the series gets bombarded by filler, only good thing i can say about it is unlike bleach the filler doesn't bleed into the main plot.
-One Piece has its fillers but not very often, they seem to keep a good balance.

Anyone is free to dispute these points as my memory is kinda poo.

It won't give up it wants me dead god damn this noise inside my head
Sep 16, 2012 11:02 PM

Jul 2012
Watch the first 63 episodes of Bleach, after that it kinda loses steam.
Sep 16, 2012 11:13 PM

Sep 2010
kenshin322 said:
IMO one piece > bleach + naruto + all other shonen combined

bleach = pretty good up to episode 50ish than it became dragon z with random new power ups and random crap before i dropped it

naruto = meh first 100 eps, then got 100 eps of filler
shippuuuden = soso from what I have seen before dropped

We are talking about typical battle shounen stuff right? Powering up is the name of the game and none of the Big 3 are innocent in that regard.

Anyway, to the OP. Watch them all, who gives a shit they're just TV shows.

Sep 16, 2012 11:21 PM

Jun 2010
Anime_Name said:

We are talking about typical battle shounen stuff right? Powering up is the name of the game and none of the Big 3 are innocent in that regard.

O.O all 3 of them do you realize how long that would take, that's just madness!!

It won't give up it wants me dead god damn this noise inside my head
Sep 16, 2012 11:38 PM

Sep 2010
chainermike said:

O.O all 3 of them do you realize how long that would take, that's just madness!!

For OP and Naruto fans it is going on 10 years and counting. So I'm gonna guess a while...

Sep 17, 2012 5:28 AM

May 2008
chainermike said:
Anime_Name said:

at least 2~3 months or less if you go on a marathon XD;
Sep 17, 2012 6:10 AM

Nov 2011
Honestly, the coolest MC of the 3 would be Luffy in One Piece! But they're all fun with many good battle scenes. Remember to check the filler lists online when you watch them so you know what to skip!
Sep 17, 2012 7:28 AM

Jun 2009
like everyone els im going to say one piece
(like luffy im kinda biased im an admin for a one piece club and iv been watching it for 8 years)

though yea one piece art can leave some to be desired and that due to oda its creator doesn't hold to one style for the designs.

well bleach is cluster fuck of filler it does go filler arc to right into a filler arc and this will be in the middle of a battle it will switch to one. also the anime has ened and the manga is still going on.

so in the end watch all 3 and give them a go none of them are perfect but each has something that should catch you even though i didn't mention it also its not hard to watch them all ina marthons
Sep 17, 2012 7:32 AM
Jul 2012
Recommending One Piece here, it's really good.
-GrayZOX
Sep 17, 2012 7:40 AM
Aug 2012
I'm kinda biased, but, I'll say that The Big 3 aren't the best anime out there. Anyway...

I'd say Bleach is the best out of the three for me. The main character, Ichigo, is always getting in fights, loves challenges, blah blah.
Bleach does have a few fillers, so be prepared.

I'd say Naruto is the second best, but unfortunately you have to get through 220 episodes of Naruto (the first season)- I really hate the fact that he's stupid little kid - before he actually grows up when you start Shippuden.

I found One Piece odd. It had some really good moments in it, but Luffy is just plain dumb and seriously, the characters in One Piece really do make me wonder sometimes. I mean, for starters, Buggy the Clown. A clown pirate, with a clown crew, wtf? Don't even get me started on Usopp's nose.
Sep 17, 2012 7:52 AM

Apr 2012
Noodsnoodle said:
I'm kinda biased, but, I'll say that The Big 3 aren't the best anime out there. Anyway...

I'd say Bleach is the best out of the three for me. The main character, Ichigo, is always getting in fights, loves challenges, blah blah.

I'd say Naruto is the second best, but unfortunately you have to get through 220 episodes of Naruto (the first season)- I really hate the fact that he's stupid little kid - before he actually grows up when you start Shippuden.

I found One Piece odd. It had some really good moments in it, but Luffy is just plain dumb and seriously, the characters in One Piece really do make me wonder sometimes. I mean, for starters, Buggy the Clown. A clown pirate, with a clown crew, wtf? Don't even get me started on Usopp's nose.
You never watched Pinnochio? Someone never had a childhood :(
Sep 17, 2012 8:11 AM
Oct 2011
They all have their problems, but all 3 are good in some parts and bad in others, the common bad part in all 3 of them is that the art-work gets bad at some points, here are some other points about them:

One Piece:
Pros: It's deep, plot and characters, unique, creative, interesting characters. Lots of good stuff to mention
Cons: The anime adaptation, the pace is literally horrible, it becomes horrible after like 200 episodes, the pace becomes 1 chapter = 1episode, and almost nothing happens in an episode. The action in one piece is also not that good.

I suggest you read the manga if you read manga, it's way better imo.

Bleach:
Pros: Characters (the designs get better in the 2nd half), Soundtracks and Openings & Endings, Action, Plot-twists, Pace in the canon arcs (2-3 chapter=1 episode most of the time),
Cons: Fillers (you can simply skip them, they're not that big of a deal), Plot (Bleach is action-based, plot is not something you should think about much, the author will concentrate on the plot in the current last arc in the manga)

If you're planning to watch all of them you can start with Bleach since it's over and almost half of the anime is fillers, here's a guide for how to watch Bleach without fillers. The manga started its last arc a while ago (and it's supposed to last like 4-5 years) so you can continue with the manga when you're done with the anime.

Naruto:
Pros: Plot is interesting, action is good, characters are also not that bad
Cons: Openings & Endings, re-caps/flash-backs (in Shippuden mostly, the amount of flash-backs is horrible in this show), fillers (some canon is mixed with fillers)

Here's a guide to watch Naruto without fillers.
Candor123Sep 17, 2012 9:39 AM
Sep 17, 2012 8:55 AM

Apr 2009
Candor did a good job of listing the pros and cons of each series, but I'd like to interject that all the casual Bleach fans just stopped following the series at this point because the plot and storytelling is so bad.

One Piece may have wacky character art, but has some of the most gorgeous, detailed background scenery I've seen in any shounen. At least in the manga (I haven't watched the anime)

I stopped reading the Naruto manga because the power-ups have gotten so ridiculoous. When the bad guys have the ability to destroy continents and no one has known it until Volume 40 (or whatever it's at now), there's an issue.
Sep 17, 2012 9:10 AM
Oct 2011
Sweetpea said:
Candor did a good job of listing the pros and cons of each series, but I'd like to interject that all the casual Bleach fans just stopped following the series at this point because the plot and storytelling is so bad.
I agree about the story-telling being somehow bad, but while re-watching Bleach I noticed that Kubo has been foreshadowing or throwing plot-keys to lots of stuff that'll happen in the last, current arc in the manga, I can list some examples if you're interested (in addition to the early spoilers), he's obviously betting on this arc, he's been planning for it since 2009 (he mentioned that in an interview in 2009, he also mentioned clearly in the latest novel that he threw lots of plot-points/secrets that are important for the current arc in the last 2 arc). Unfortunately the haters are in found in huge numbers, but I don't blame them since what Kubo did in the last couple of years was only writing fights and fights and more fights with near to no plot. (there was still some good plot-twists though)
Candor123Sep 17, 2012 9:14 AM
Sep 17, 2012 9:28 AM

Jul 2012
One Piece anime is alot better than the naruto/bleach animes. However, I think the naruto manga is the best out of the three. They're all shounens so they all share lots of similar things. I'd watch them all just to have the experience, but for anime one piece.

Sep 17, 2012 10:59 AM
Aug 2012
Monkey__D__Luffy said:
Noodsnoodle said:

Of course I watched Pinnochio!! I just don't like the fact that a human has a nose like that, creeps me out O_o
Sep 17, 2012 11:08 AM

Nov 2009
I would say that from a marketing stand point the Big 3 are brilliant, they address a large audience, produce a lot of episodes and have relatively basic and easy stories to follow... However at the same time in terms of actual quality, and I mean like looking at the plot, characters, setting, art, etc. They are half-assed and really depend on the opinion of the viewer. I for instance like One Piece, god knows why, but I would never argue with somebody if they said that a monkey (and no not the main character) could write the story, Consider the big 3 like Twilight, The lady who wrote the books was a genius from a marketing standpoint, however her grasp of the english language and literary skills were that of a 7th grader. The other problem is since they are basically just cash cows for Jump, they have never ending plots, and seem to drag on and on forever leading to repetitiveness. Especially the whole lose a fight, train, get new skill, win fight, lose fight, train get new skill, win fight, etc. Probably the reason why I like one piece is because this doesn't happen every 30 episodes... Which would sound like a huge gap between new skills but with 500 episodes it really gets repetitive.
Sep 17, 2012 11:11 AM

Sep 2010
Sweetpea said:

And I thought the reason the Bleach fans stopped watching the anime was because the anime ended.

I would say that from a marketing stand point the Big 3 are brilliant, they address a large audience, produce a lot of episodes and have relatively basic and easy stories to follow... However at the same time in terms of actual quality, and I mean like looking at the plot, characters, setting, art, etc.

You're contradicting yourself. By being able to address and gain a large audience it also means that the Big 3 has the qualities you claim they lack. Perhaps you mean the Big 3 don't try to be unconventional in their execution and are done well enough for mainstream viewers but hipsters and super critics need something more artsy for their tastes?
Anime_NameSep 17, 2012 11:44 AM

Sep 17, 2012 2:46 PM

Apr 2012
Noodsnoodle said:
Monkey__D__Luffy said:
Noodsnoodle said:

Of course I watched Pinnochio!! I just don't like the fact that a human has a nose like that, creeps me out O_o
It's symbolism to show that Usopp lies, if your going o take One Piece seriously though, there is 0 point in watching it, might as well watch Naruto/Bleach as OP won't be for you, the thing about One Piece is that as silly as they make the character designs, hell that guy at Skypiea even had ears that drooped to the floor, they can make indepth plots which you can take serious.
Sep 17, 2012 3:01 PM
Oct 2011
Monkey__D__Luffy said:
Noodsnoodle said:
Monkey__D__Luffy said:
Noodsnoodle said:

It's symbolism to show that Usopp lies, if your going o take One Piece seriously though, there is 0 point in watching it, might as well watch Naruto/Bleach as OP won't be for you, the thing about One Piece is that as silly as they make the character designs, hell that guy at Skypiea even had ears that drooped to the floor, they can make indepth plots which you can take serious.
Usopp's character is actually a combination of Pinnochio and the fairy tale (?) about the shepherd who was bored and went on warning his country from wolves that's coming to eat the sheep a couple of times, people took their guns and went out to face them, but there wasn't any, so people got sick of his lying after a while and started to stop believing his hopeless warnings/lies, after a couple of days wolves attacked and the shepherd warned and warned but no one believed him, after a while they realized that wolves came and ate the sheep and the shepherd too. The difference is that Usopp didn't die and it's pirates not wolves.
Sep 17, 2012 3:07 PM

Apr 2012
Candor said:
Monkey__D__Luffy said:
Noodsnoodle said:
Monkey__D__Luffy said:
Noodsnoodle said:

Usopp's character is actually a combination of Pinnochio and the fairy tale (?) about the shepherd who was bored and went on warning his country from wolves that's coming to eat the sheep a couple of times, people took their guns and went out to face them, but there wasn't any, so people got sick of his lying after a while and started to stop believing his hopeless warnings/lies, after a couple of days wolves attacked and the shepherd warned and warned but no one believed him, after a while they realized that wolves came and ate the sheep and the shepherd too. The difference is that Usopp didn't die and it's pirates not wolves.
Yeh that too haha but they actually secretly liked the fact he did that since it made the whole town more lively since nothing happened at all. Anyways to OP I'd recommend the manga more since its faster paced, the anime becomes 1 episode to 1 chapter after the timeskip which really sucks, but atleast it means there will be 0 fillers. the adaption isn't bad though and pretty much stays loyal except to you, man with the mustache blown up in half ._. gayest censor ever lol. However the anime does have some must watch arcs like Arlong Arc which I've watched several times. Also in the manga Oda improves his artstyle a lot.
Sep 17, 2012 3:23 PM

Jun 2009
drinkbeer said:
of course one piece is the best. hands down. :)

This!!!

chainermike said:
Anime_Name said:

Not much (for those who have the time) I re-watch One Piece every year (all episodes aired), and the best arcs of Naruto and Bleach as well...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.

More topics from this board

» Are there any female protagonist a Phantom Thief

Kirika_Madeleine - 5 hours ago

1 by JoeChip »»
2 hours ago

» A Ship's Crew Anime (not one piece)

Bojac - Yesterday

5 by JoeChip »»
2 hours ago

» Want some underrated good anime

Roktim583A - Sep 24

6 by Faisal-Abdulhadi »»
4 hours ago

» what to watch after Lain

kerokero- - Sep 14

12 by mo_lave »»
Yesterday, 11:03 PM

» Anime with a living weapon

ConsRg__ - Yesterday

16 by Tropisch »»
Yesterday, 9:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.