Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 6, 2007 7:37 AM

Apr 2007
This is pretty old news i know but i thought it would be cool to talk about this for a bit. In case you dont know Nanoha at A-X 2007 has been licensed by Geneon.

While Geneon is probably one of the best dubbing company some of the work they do
is just horrible comapred to the original japanese(*cough*Rozen Maiden dub*cough*)

So i thought which english VA you would want to voice Nanoha/Fate and the other characters and discuss about this

The Red Truth is the only truth in the world
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Sep 6, 2007 11:14 AM

Apr 2007
I'll merely buy the dvd's to help out the industry and to have a nice hard copy of one of the greatest anime evar. Hell, if Fate is on the front cover, I'de buy them based on that alone.

So yea, I have no intention of listening to the dubbed va's and witnessing how badly they butcher Feito-chan's cute voice. :3

Nana Mizuki. <3
KilluanSep 6, 2007 11:17 AM
Sep 7, 2007 12:18 PM

May 2007
I wonder if they would dub the Intelligent Device's voices, they are mainly voiced by real english VA's, although there were some mistakes in the actual show.

I wonder how they're going to show season 1, the part where Precia basically tortures Fate for not collecting enough Jewel Seeds.
Sep 7, 2007 12:28 PM

Aug 2007
I cant realy say which voice actors I would want sence I havent realy watched a dub in about 2 years. I will probably buy the DVDs.......eventualy......un a couple years to support companys so they cant go and say we only download and dont pay like the MPAA does.
Sep 7, 2007 12:36 PM

Jan 2007
i guess i'll be getting the dvd's since there'll be only like 4 of them. it'll be nice to have along with the Fate figurine i got at ax (and yes, this was a stab at Hikaru ;P)
Sep 7, 2007 3:51 PM

May 2007
I wonder which term they will use; Raging Heart or Raising Heart. Anyways, the dvd's will be nice to have, although i'm not really expecting very much, but i do hope they have some good extras.
Sep 7, 2007 4:37 PM

Apr 2007
Faust721 said:
i guess i'll be getting the dvd's since there'll be only like 4 of them. it'll be nice to have along with the Fate figurine i got at ax (and yes, this was a stab at Hikaru ;P)

I'm really loathing you right now <_< that's just cold...cold i tell ya

Raising Heart seems the real name of it so that should be good...and it's Geneon doing the dubbing so there wont be any edits and since most of Geneon's stuff never appear on TV i doubt they would censor the torture part

Sep 11, 2007 9:38 AM

Jul 2007
I read about this not long after it got announced and it's Geneon, so I doubt it can be completely bad. I'll probably try and buy the DVD's myself, but I just need to get a DVD-player that would be able to play the DVD's since I live in a complete other Region than the US. (I don't even own a DVD-player to begin with anyway :P)

And aren't the only authentical english voices for the Devices the ones on Raising Heart (by Donna Burke) and Bardiche (by Kevin J England)?

And about english VA's I don't have a single clue, since the only ones I know the names of are these 2. (In short, I don't watch dubbed anime... I grew up with everything dubbed to swedish, that's enough)
Sep 11, 2007 1:10 PM

Sep 2007
Geif DVD :(
That would be such a good combination with my Elfen Lied DVDs.

<3 <3 <3
Sep 14, 2007 6:01 PM

Sep 2007
I hope the DVDs come real soon. I'm still waiting for Rozen Maiden: Träumend in the USA.

Sep 26, 2007 10:58 AM

Sep 2007
So with Geneon about to permanently bury itself, what will happen to poor little Nanoha!? :(
Sep 26, 2007 3:52 PM

Apr 2007
Geneon's US branch, Geneon USA, has informed all of its US retailers that it will cease the sales, production, and distribution of all its DVDs. The official date for the pullout is this Friday (September 28th) and it will go into effect at 5pm PDT.

Looks like thats it for the Nanoha dvd's. After they finally got licensed too D:
Maybe someone else will have the sense to take over the license...
Sep 27, 2007 12:07 AM

Jul 2007
Guess who wants to go medieval now...
Sep 27, 2007 12:42 AM

Apr 2007
Keruza said:
Guess who wants to go medieval now...

Some person? XD

Fox said:
Geneon's US branch, Geneon USA, has informed all of its US retailers that it will cease the sales, production, and distribution of all its DVDs. The official date for the pullout is this Friday (September 28th) and it will go into effect at 5pm PDT.

Looks like thats it for the Nanoha dvd's. After they finally got licensed too D:
Maybe someone else will have the sense to take over the license...

D: this news depressed me the most yesterday after i saw it in school...bleh i just hope a good company can license it

Oct 17, 2007 9:30 PM

Apr 2007
I hate Double Posting =/

old news but the DVD is still being dubbed XD which is good news for us

Oct 18, 2007 9:43 AM

Sep 2007
Really? By who? When is it coming out, 'cause it can't come out soon enough for me. >_<

Oct 18, 2007 4:35 PM

Apr 2007
Shit i know that Geneon isnt dubbing it anymore and i know reading it somewhere...i need to find where i got this source again

Oct 18, 2007 4:44 PM

Jan 2007
i read about it too. I think it was a blog or something. I wish i can link but i forgot where. I belive Zero no Tsuakaima was also being continued.
Oct 24, 2007 7:59 AM

May 2007
someone mentioned it on the AOD forums i think it was bang zoom that is doing the translation and the dubbing. i thought the rozen maiden dub was quite good Mela Lee voice for Shinku was good an it was nice to hear Mona Marshall 's voice as Jun was a good addition to Mela's Shinku. i hope Geneon find someone else to distribute their DVD's including Nanoha or someone else picks up the license.
KannabiOct 24, 2007 8:02 AM
Nov 12, 2007 8:45 AM

Aug 2007
Sure, I'd buy the DVD if it is availabe and if I really did have the money for it xD As long as there's still the Japanese spoken version with subs on DVD, I'm happy :P No dubs for me, please v.v
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Dec 1, 2007 1:17 AM

Nov 2007
Actually i was looking forward to the dub versions since i only watch english versions.Also i've watch the entire english versions of rozen maiden and it was actually good,compared to almost every series that's been dubbed by 4kids.The only series that geneon did really bad on was tenchi in tokyo and sailo moon S and Super S.Those were downright awful.
Dec 1, 2007 1:24 AM

Apr 2007
hm.. You only watch english versions but are a fan of Nanoha which was never released into the US? I take it Nanoha was the sole exception to your "strictly watching english dubbed anime" policy?
Dec 1, 2007 2:12 AM

Nov 2007
Killuan said:
hm.. You only watch english versions but are a fan of Nanoha which was never released into the US? I take it Nanoha was the sole exception to your "strictly watching english dubbed anime" policy?

No.I got into nanoha from a friend on hongfire who's a yuri fan.I'm also a yuri fan as well and although i've never seen the series,I've read some of the H-doujins that he sent me and i watch the OP,ED and some AMVs of nanoha,and pics as you can see.In fact a lot of yuri series that didn't came to the US,i got into them through dojins.

Also,you misenturped my message.Sure i only watch dubs cause i'm still not custom watching the jap versions as yet.just because you haven't seen a series doesn't mean you can become a fan by other means.
Dec 1, 2007 2:23 AM

Apr 2007
heh, no, I don't think I misinterpreted your comment, and yes, I perfectly understand that you can be a fan of a character(s) without having watched the series he/she casts in. Whether It's by fan-art, or doujin, or even 4komas. However, being a fan of the series without having watched the series is a bit more complicated. After-all, you can't directly know you're going to like the series before having even watched it. Unless the characters in it are enough to keep you watching, regardless how little you may enjoy the series... Anyways, in MSLN's case, that may be possible as all of the characters are very cute and lovable, but it really is tough to be a fan of some series you've never even watched yourself; atleast imo. Either way, I'm glad to have another Nanoha fan in this club. You should really try to get into subbed anime, because you're missing out on a really good series.

Also, Im certainly the guy to ask if you're looking for Nanoha doujin/images/4komas/fan-art... I've pretty much collected every Nanoha related thing since the date of It's release. I'de be more than happy to upload you whatever you would like, so don't be hesitant to ask. ^ ^
KilluanDec 1, 2007 2:41 AM
Dec 19, 2007 10:03 AM

Nov 2007
Killuan said:
heh, no, I don't think I misinterpreted your comment, and yes, I perfectly understand that you can be a fan of a character(s) without having watched the series he/she casts in. Whether It's by fan-art, or doujin, or even 4komas. However, being a fan of the series without having watched the series is a bit more complicated. After-all, you can't directly know you're going to like the series before having even watched it. Unless the characters in it are enough to keep you watching, regardless how little you may enjoy the series... Anyways, in MSLN's case, that may be possible as all of the characters are very cute and lovable, but it really is tough to be a fan of some series you've never even watched yourself; atleast imo. Either way, I'm glad to have another Nanoha fan in this club. You should really try to get into subbed anime, because you're missing out on a really good series.

Also, Im certainly the guy to ask if you're looking for Nanoha doujin/images/4komas/fan-art... I've pretty much collected every Nanoha related thing since the date of It's release. I'de be more than happy to upload you whatever you would like, so don't be hesitant to ask. ^ ^

Well i might if there's an official sub version.Otherwise i'll wait for the dubs.ALso what's
4komas?
Dec 19, 2007 4:17 PM

Apr 2007
a Japanese comic strip format which generally consists of gag comic.

For instance, these are 4komas:
http://s194.photobucket.com/albums/z45/thekrazycow/A-s_nano/ A's
http://s194.photobucket.com/albums/z45/thekrazycow/StrikerS_nano/ StrikerS
Feb 8, 2008 8:23 PM

Apr 2007
Woot for Funimation trying picking up Geneon's titles...

Let's pray to Naoha/Fate/Hayate or anyone that Nanoha is gonna be one o the titles

Feb 10, 2008 5:18 AM

Apr 2007
If MGLN Isn't one of them, I'm going to cry. ;_;
Feb 29, 2008 2:44 PM

May 2007
Media Blasters also reported that they have a couple of Geneon's licenses and they have picked up Geneons biggest release that they were going to release this year before they went under. Although media blaster have not said was it is yet. I hope they picked up Nanoha.
May 17, 2008 4:32 AM

May 2007
As long as there are some good Extras, i wouldn't be bothered on which company picks up the series. But then, as a fan of the series i'll buy it regardless.
May 20, 2008 4:45 AM

Apr 2008
I like to watch the all season of Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha bec I love fate
Jun 2, 2008 5:49 AM

May 2008
Both companies are pretty good. If Funimation were to license it, the chances of domestic MGLN merchandise selling would be quite high.
Jul 18, 2008 4:35 AM

Jul 2008
hope the dub isn't bad
all about moe ^^
Feb 7, 2009 8:59 PM

Oct 2007
So did anyone else watch this dubbed?

This was one dub that I highly likely won't watch again. Some characters where great, others were good, but a lot of them were "meh" or "please shoot me" inducing. The one thing that pissed me off the most was the fact that Arf had 3 to 4 different names throguhout this whole show. (I didn't pay attention to Raising and Raging Heart being used but that happened too.) Pick a name and stick with it. Background characters sounded pretty crappy and I'm sorry to say but Precia sounded like a man. I love my dubs. Don't get me wrong but this is one of the worst ones I have seen done for a show in recent times. I'll give A's 2 episodes and see if it improved. Otherwise it's back to the subs for me.

I am glad though that I do have the dvds. Even with this I hope Strikers gets over here one day.

If we got 80% or higher let me know! :)
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Poll: » Favorite female character from MSLN ( 1 2 3 )

kimeugenemylove - Aug 10, 2007

108 by Soge_king999 »»
Jan 27, 2013 9:14 PM

» Should the Anime Magical Girl Lyricl Nanoha have a 4th Season

ErioMondial - Jul 2, 2008

18 by ExcellionMaster »»
Dec 22, 2012 2:57 AM

» Magic Circle Pics

Rildok - Oct 23, 2009

1 by KittenCorner »»
Feb 7, 2011 3:02 PM

» High hopes for season 4: Magical War Chronicle Lyical Nanoha Force?!

junda27 - Jul 15, 2010

0 by junda27 »»
Jul 15, 2010 7:08 PM

» MGLN Cursors

Rildok - Sep 24, 2009

2 by Rildok »»
Oct 6, 2009 5:53 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.