Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 4, 2012 10:38 AM

Aug 2010
I want to start watching this series. Is Fate/Zero a good place to start?
Feb 4, 2012 10:42 AM

Aug 2010
I'm not really sure myself, but I've heard that there were some "spoilers" in this that might affect F/SN.

I haven't watched/read F/SN yet and I must say that I enjoyed F/Z a lot.
Feb 4, 2012 2:10 PM

Aug 2011
ovoon7 said:

Its better to watch F/S Night, and Unlimited blade works first. At least imo.
Feb 4, 2012 3:19 PM

Oct 2011
Fate/Stay Night *Visual Novel* would be the best way to really get into the verse, as Fate/Zero does spoil the Visual Novel a bit.
Feb 4, 2012 4:12 PM
May 2011
lolzteez said:
Fate/Stay Night *Visual Novel* would be the best way to really get into the verse, as Fate/Zero does spoil the Visual Novel a bit.

How does it spoil something that you know nothing about? I started watching Fate/Zero first too btw.

~Like...umm when it does 'give a spoiler' how do we know that what will happen in Fate/Stay Night, before we play it/watch it?
ban1o.jpg
Feb 4, 2012 4:50 PM

May 2009
lolzteez said:
It goes both ways, in fact, the VN spoils a lot about Fate/Zero - like, say, the conclusion of the war and who lives or dies. However, if you play the F/SN VN, you might appreciate the characters and story of the prequel more.

ovoon7 said:
Sure, I think so. But I would recommend playing the VN first, (or watch the tv anime and movie if the game doesn't interest you). Starting with Fate/Zero shouldn't be a problem though.
Feb 4, 2012 4:53 PM
Dec 2007
RyuKirin said:
lolzteez said:

How does it spoil something that you know nothing about? I started watching Fate/Zero first too btw.

~Like...umm when it does 'give a spoiler' how do we know that what will happen in Fate/Stay Night, before we play it/watch it?
When people say it "spoils Fate/Stay Night" they mean it tells you all the important plot twists of Stay Night. in Stay Night a lot of secrets that are very well known to some of the characters (especially to Tohsaka Tokiomi and to Emiya Kiritsugu who's the chosen mage of the Einzbern family). In Stay Night everything is secretive and hidden because the main characters grew up deceived or just didn't know anything at all hence a lot of the truths are buried

On the other hand while Stay Night telegraphs all the main beats of the resolution of the 4th War, the details are very much hidden. This works in advantage to Fate/Zero because they don't have to bother keeping up the suspense about things Stay Night told you and can concentrate on fleshing out the 4th War and it's Masters/Servants completely.

Feb 4, 2012 5:00 PM
Oct 2011
I started with Fate/zero too, and it all made perfect sense to me. I think they explained the physics and how everything worked very well in zero.
Feb 5, 2012 1:31 AM

Oct 2011
RyuKirin said:
lolzteez said:

Because if you do end up playing it, some of the twists will have less of an impact. For example

These are just off the top of my head. Basically what I'm trying to say is by watching Fate/Zero first some of the "WOW BRILLIANT" plot twists in Fate/Stay Night *Visual Novel* will have less of an impact since you will already be expecting them, therefore taking the fun out of the story.
Feb 5, 2012 1:51 AM

Sep 2010
Zubo said:
Its better to watch F/S Night, and Unlimited blade works first. At least imo.

This isn't a good advice... Because the major connection between Fate/Zero and Fate/Stay Night is the Heaven's Feel route that was never animated. Pretty much UBW is completely disconnected to it, so it'll feel like complete filler to the general presented plot; it's purpose is to study Shirou's character/ideals who isn't a player in FZ (it's important in the integrity of Shirou's story/evolution through the VN, but absolute filler to the plot of the Heaven's Feels). Fate has some connections, but they are superficial, aside of Saber's backstory and is bound to disappoint whoever wants the same dark and edgy atmosphere. Heaven's Feel, on the other hand, wraps up all the dangling plots from Fate/Zero and has a similar oppressive atmosphere.

I advise also reading the VN first if someone wants to start with Fateverse. If you won't want to and desire to stick to Zero only, just go for the anime or the Light novels.
ThessFeb 5, 2012 1:58 AM
Feb 18, 2012 8:14 PM

Oct 2011
lolzteez said:
RyuKirin said:
lolzteez said:

Because if you do end up playing it, some of the twists will have less of an impact. For example

These are just off the top of my head. Basically what I'm trying to say is by watching Fate/Zero first some of the "WOW BRILLIANT" plot twists in Fate/Stay Night *Visual Novel* will have less of an impact since you will already be expecting them, therefore taking the fun out of the story.

In all fairness I was spoiled heavily by different plot points accidentally by the internet on Fate Stay Night, like what happens to saber, and what happens to my dearest waifu in heavens feel, even the identity of archer. Yet with all these spoiled I still became a fan boy of the VN and type moon in general. I would suggest however that you play the VN before doing anything for maximum enjoyment.
"Everyone dies nya"
Feb 18, 2012 8:22 PM

Aug 2010
Nazzul said:
lolzteez said:
RyuKirin said:
lolzteez said:

In all fairness I was spoiled heavily by different plot points accidentally by the internet on Fate Stay Night, like what happens to saber, and what happens to my dearest waifu in heavens feel, even the identity of archer. Yet with all these spoiled I still became a fan boy of the VN and type moon in general. I would suggest however that you play the VN before doing anything for maximum enjoyment.

Agreed. Most of the VN was spoiled for me before I started but I ended up loving it and became a huge Type-moon fanboy. I even replayed the FSN VN.

More topics from this board

» Why do people like season one

Mooogle - Jun 9

18 by LightNoragami1 »»
Yesterday, 6:11 AM

Poll: » Favorite female character in fate universe?

Ain2Zwei - May 21

38 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Jun 5, 11:37 AM

» I'm not interested in the fate series at all but

mydaddy - Apr 26

19 by Ashikhi »»
May 25, 5:39 AM

» The ufotable Production

BigHomieTrapa - Apr 11

2 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 15, 1:53 AM

Poll: » Fate/Zero Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

a6342164 - Oct 29, 2011

459 by JacobRitacco »»
Mar 15, 12:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.