Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 19, 2008 4:35 PM

Jun 2008
I have opened up this thread to help those that are in the UK. Please post any sites or deals you are aware of...:)
demondude777Jul 19, 2008 4:49 PM
Watch Anime Together Club Headquarters:

Read Everything And Discuss: Manga:

Or just come find me here:
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jul 20, 2008 5:01 AM

Nov 2007
Reliable UK sites are:

Amazon.co.uk
Play.com
Anime online
HMV

Anime online also sells Manga, HMV tends to be a bit expensive and has a limited selection.

Im sure theres other out there, but they tend to be a bit bootleggy
Jul 20, 2008 7:52 AM
Nov 2007
In response to Heart of Storm's recommendations:

Anime-On-Line imports all manga from the US at full UK RRP, usually taking somewhere between three weeks and never for delivery. I would not recommend it for manga, however, it's anime selection and delivery rates are second to none, and so it really is a useful website for us UKers.

Play.com is a good bet for anime, as they have a reasonably large selection. They do have deals on frequently, although they do not change much, and they sell newer anime at very good prices. However, they are not so fine on the manga front (and price at RRP), and once an anime title is out of stock you can pretty much bet it'll never be back in stock again...

Amazon (UK) is another great site for anime, but it is also one of the better sites for manga. They sell a lot of manga at slightly under the RRP and have a huge selection, unsurprisingly. They also have a lot of manga which is not available in UK stores. As far as deals go, they update every so often, and have numerous ones worth checking out.

HMV is one of the worse big sites out there for anime as, while they do have a reasonably large selection as far as titles go, they don't tend to price titles very fairly, and there are some high prices to be found because of this. They are cheaper on a few titles, sometimes, but overall it is not a site I would thoroughly recommend.
Aug 17, 2008 12:00 AM

Apr 2008
Can I use this thread to request help in finding something specific?
Aug 17, 2008 7:25 AM

Jun 2008
Yincira said:
Can I use this thread to request help in finding something specific?

Let me make a specific thread for that to make it cleaner...:)
Watch Anime Together Club Headquarters:

Read Everything And Discuss: Manga:

Or just come find me here:
Aug 29, 2008 11:53 AM

Nov 2007
Also YesAsia does Region 2 anime as well as a lot of Chinese/Korean/Japanese movies/music/TV/Books/Stuff
May 17, 2011 3:07 PM
May 2011
I have to point all my friends in only one direction when asked about getting cheap anime/manga/merchandise - UP1.co.uk, AKA United Publications! :D

They sell both UK and US region box-sets, and are great at conventions and just plain old mail-order.

Let's take for example, Baccano! - a great series, but incredibly expensive in HMV... around £35-45 last time I checked. On Amazon, it's about £26.99 at official price (last time I checked), and on UP1... it's £17.20. <3 The Escaflowne box-set is £14.99 there too. :) But not all of the stuff there is cheap - it's always worth being on the look-out for great deals. I got the Professor Layton movie for £5 from Tescos.

Oh, also, Planet-Axel could be an option. They ship worldwide and are usually much better-priced than other places. I think this is really for US DVDs only, though. I haven't bought anime from there, but I did buy the directors' cut of Watchmen from there a while back, and they proved to be very efficient. :)
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Discount manga (Post an deals here)

demondude777 - Jul 17, 2008

13 by Yaoi4ev3r »»
Jan 4, 2012 4:04 PM

» Help! I'm looking for...

demondude777 - Aug 17, 2008

8 by Batman-Beyond1 »»
Nov 30, 2011 5:47 PM

Sticky: » Discount anime DVDs (Post any deals here)

17 by demondude777 »»
Oct 19, 2008 10:46 AM

» Horror stories (Post your exepriences)

5 by Dinamet7 »»
Aug 5, 2008 1:15 PM

» Suggestions for the club

demondude777 - Jul 18, 2008

4 by Scott_ »»
Jul 20, 2008 7:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.