Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 20, 2011 8:59 PM

Jun 2010
Not a bad dub even if it's an entirely different cast from the TV series dub (with the exception of Crispin Freeman), but whoever wrote it seems to have made a careless blunder interpreting Amelia and Zelgadis' relationship because it has her call him "sir" and "boss" as if she's his (unwanted) underling.

How could such a mistake even been made? This is the first Slayers work ADV localized that has those characters in it so the writer would have no experience with them, but couldn't they have spent five minutes on the internet to find out? Worse, this "boss" business fills Amelia's mouth when the original script has her belting out one of her "Justice!" speeches. What's Amelia without justice?
Jun 30, 2012 3:00 PM

Nov 2011
It was the same cast from the earlier OVAs and movies back when Lina traveled with Naga. Funimation sure didn't dub it like they did with Slayers and Slayers Next. I'm really not sure who did, though.../spends 5 minutes on the internet but fails.

This was the first title I've heard that this cast dubbed with the new folk introduced in Slayers. It's entirely possible for the team to be unfamilar with Zelgadis and Amelia.

Honestly, I prefer Cynthia Martinez over Lisa Ortiz, but that's just a personal preference. ;) Xellos is the only one whose entirely new voice actor bothers me, fortunately. I'm just very glad Zelgadis has the same ole' Crispin Freeman. He's great. :)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Slayers Premium Episode 1 Discussion

ao_no_exo - Dec 2, 2013

7 by LeonhartAugust »»
Nov 15, 2023 11:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.