Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 30, 2011 8:21 AM

Sep 2010
Evening all,

You'll find that the list in my sig leads to the list of my collection. Not what I've watched, what I've got. I'm downgrading my Internet connection once I've got everything I want to watch (obviously excluding new season) so I want to make sure I've gotten everything good before then. On my list, watching is stuff I am currently obtaining, and the other sections are self-explanatory. There are also 20 animes I have bookmarked on BakaBT that I will obtain - http://www.bakabt.com/user/976927/glitchhunter.html

Firstly, I don't like pointless school type humour anime like Lucky Star, Mitsudomoe or Minami-ke. I also don't like comedies where nothing actually happens like Seitokai Ichizon and Seitokai Yakuindono. I also don't like sport anime so please do not recommend things like Major. I also don't like romances such as Kare Kano and Bokura ga Ita unless they are super melodramatic like Candy Candy which is awesome.

I do like anime with well developed characters, a solid plot, and generally with supernatural powers. I especially like anime with heaps insane/evil cool characters that are also pleasant on the eye. But, basically I am looking for anything I would enjoy so don't just stick to this type if you can think of other goodies.

Thanks ya'll in advance :)
May 30, 2011 7:26 PM
Apr 2011
Angel Beats

Toradora

Ouran high school host club

Ef a tale of memories

Kaze no stigma

Inuyasha

Kobato

Bokura ga ita

I'm not really sure what you's asking for, but these are some I liked alot.
May 31, 2011 7:33 AM

Sep 2010
Miyzukii said:
Angel Beats

Toradora

Ouran high school host club

Ef a tale of memories

Kaze no stigma

Inuyasha

Kobato

Bokura ga ita

I'm not really sure what you's asking for, but these are some I liked alot.

Eh?

You'd know what I was asking for if you actually read my post. Every single one of those is on my list and I even specifically mentioned in my post that I didn't like Bokura ga Ita.

Any one have any relevant suggestions?
May 31, 2011 8:08 AM

Jul 2009
Young Kindaichi`s Casebook
Porco Rosso
Appleseed Saga Ex Machina

Other than that you have pretty much already seen everything I consider worth watching, hehe.
May 31, 2011 8:30 AM

Apr 2009
Birdy the Mighty: Decode
One Outs (I know you said you didn't like sports, but this is a dark/psychological one.)
May 31, 2011 4:51 PM

May 2011
Nabari no Ou. It fits most of what you said and is not on your list. It is rather obscure in terms of popularity, but really is an awesome story with good characters. ^^
May 31, 2011 8:28 PM

Mar 2009
Didn't see these on your list:
-animeS - The plural of anime is anime. More than one deer is still deer. There is no damn "s".
-epic |ˈepik| noun•a work portraying heroic deeds/adventures covering an long period of time - adjective • heroic/grand in scale or character
Active Military, Prior Service, and Veteran's Anime Club
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=25937&time=1299710079
Jun 1, 2011 8:30 AM

Sep 2010
Mezziaz said:
Young Kindaichi`s Casebook
Porco Rosso
Appleseed Saga Ex Machina

Other than that you have pretty much already seen everything I consider worth watching, hehe.

Thanks ^^ I'll collect Kindaichi when/if the entire series is subbed. I generally avoid downloading partly subbed series unless I really want to watch it. I've seen Porco Rosso on a borrowed DVD, so that's not in my collection and I don't really want to see it again. As for Appleseed, I'll bookmark it on BakaBT :)

Sweetpea said:
Birdy the Mighty: Decode
One Outs (I know you said you didn't like sports, but this is a dark/psychological one.)

Thanks! I've actually already bookmarked One Outs on BakaBT because every single time I ask for recommendations it is always said by many people. As for Birdy Decode, I'll get that one if I can find a fairly well seeded torrent :)

zyanya said:
Nabari no Ou. It fits most of what you said and is not on your list. It is rather obscure in terms of popularity, but really is an awesome story with good characters. ^^

Heya, thanks! I'll get that one if I can find a fairy well seeded torrent :)

lisnoire said:
Didn't see these on your list:

I started to go through your list but I then realised that about half of those are on my list so I cbf. But thanks for your suggestions, I'll look at them when I have some more time.
Jun 1, 2011 12:11 PM

Jul 2009
glitch_collect said:

Thanks ^^ I'll collect Kindaichi when/if the entire series is subbed. I generally avoid downloading partly subbed series unless I really want to watch it.

I wonder if that will ever happen though I mean it has taken them aaaaaages just to get this far and I believe ep 1-59 covers all DVDs ever released here in the west. It's not that big of a deal though since the series is very episodic with no real background story going on.
Jun 2, 2011 12:46 AM

Sep 2010
Mezziaz said:
glitch_collect said:

Thanks ^^ I'll collect Kindaichi when/if the entire series is subbed. I generally avoid downloading partly subbed series unless I really want to watch it.

I wonder if that will ever happen though I mean it has taken them aaaaaages just to get this far and I believe ep 1-59 covers all DVDs ever released here in the west. It's not that big of a deal though since the series is very episodic with no real background story going on.

Hopefully one day :) I hate seeing unfinished series. Especially when it's not episodic and I've been watching it eg Snow Queen.

Any more suggestions anyone? ^_^
Jun 2, 2011 8:34 PM

Sep 2010
I'm going to bump this once to see if there are any more suggestions. I need to find some more to collect so I can use my entire bandwidth next month then downgrade :o

If there are no more suggestions, I'll let it drop down to page 2.
Jun 2, 2011 9:22 PM

Mar 2009
glitch_collect said:
I started to go through your list but I then realised that about half of those are on my list so I cbf. But thanks for your suggestions, I'll look at them when I have some more time.

Bummer. Thought I did a better cross reference that that. I really did check it against your list. :( Musta had one eye closed . . . or crossed. . . . or failed to delete. . . .
-animeS - The plural of anime is anime. More than one deer is still deer. There is no damn "s".
-epic |ˈepik| noun•a work portraying heroic deeds/adventures covering an long period of time - adjective • heroic/grand in scale or character
Active Military, Prior Service, and Veteran's Anime Club
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=25937&time=1299710079
Jun 3, 2011 4:30 AM

Sep 2010
lisnoire said:
glitch_collect said:

Bummer. Thought I did a better cross reference that that. I really did check it against your list. :( Musta had one eye closed . . . or crossed. . . . or failed to delete. . . .

Heehee :P Don't worry about it. It's a big effort to go through my list. Thanks for your suggestions though, much appreciated ^^

More topics from this board

» Beastmaster/Taming/Summoner Manga recommendations

DefNotJota - 3 hours ago

2 by DefNotJota »»
30 minutes ago

» need good gore/insanity visual novels

otaku4life699 - Oct 28, 2012

15 by KiroTheAssassin »»
1 hour ago

» Similar family friendly animes.

TsutanaiFuun - Aug 9

42 by kissmeloveme »»
2 hours ago

» Anime Similar Story

Kirika_Madeleine - 10 hours ago

0 by Kirika_Madeleine »»
10 hours ago

» Animes like Dandadan

henning12548 - Oct 3

7 by mo_lave »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.