Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 11, 2008 11:19 AM
Jul 2018
Oh man, I just watched all of this awesome anime. Despite plot holes and a few actions here and there that don't make any sense at all it came out to be one of the better shows made. The last episode, I'm not really spoiling anything, but the last scenes invoke heart-wrenching emotions and especially after the credits when the narrator talks about the aftermath of Tetsujin the soul of the series plays out as a sad ending.

It's almost like watching Yamato when it comes down to its flaws. While some of the things don't make any sense, because of those it is that much more dramatic. Overall this show is a drama, much like Giant Robo (even though Giant Robo is still technically better). It may not be as good as GR, but it has the soul of Japan after the war. Any other description of the show would be a robot mystery show. It's not like Getter Robo in the sense that there is a robot of the day. Instead the show is mostly made up of story arches and in the final conflict it is all tied together in a neat little package. I will admit the end felt rushed for me, it just kept spiraling quickly towards an end. I didn't really feel that much of a resolution, and that is but another flaw, but it is not ruined by the quick resolution.

Overall I'd give this show a good tip of the hat and it really does need more recognition.
Jun 11, 2008 1:54 PM
Nov 2007
I really like this series. It starts out small, but grows larger and larger until it reachers a dramatic, though admittably rushed finale.

If I had to stack it up to Giant Robo, I'd say GR is better. That isn't to undermine Tetsujin 28 though. Tetsujin is darker and more personal, while Giant Robo is more acion packed and epic.

If there's one thing I can really commend this show on, its taking a character ussually laughed at and making a suprisingly dark and deep show. Its not perfect, it has flaws, but the bad is outweighed by the good.
May 7, 2010 12:56 PM

Aug 2009
I just finished this show and I preferred it over Giant Robo.

May 20, 2010 2:09 AM

Jan 2008
Such an overlooked series.

"There is a road in the hearts of all of us, hidden and seldom traveled,
which leads to an unknown, secret place."
Jul 24, 2010 9:05 PM

Mar 2009
SantaBla said:
I just finished this show and I preferred it over Giant Robo.

Same, I enjoyed GR too, but in a different way, I appreciated that T28 was darker and more thought provoking for me. And Kenji Murasame somehow came off as more badass to me in T28 then he did GR and I liked his gradual evolution from bad guy to maybe good guy.
Dec 3, 2015 6:51 PM
Jul 2018
I miss the joy I had from watching this series and really feeling the complexities of Japanese nationalism, a wounded identity in post-war Japan.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tetsujin 28-go (2004) Episode 26 Discussion

DocJangarly - Sep 26, 2013

4 by OldSkoolBrayan »»
Jun 1, 6:19 PM

Poll: » Tetsujin 28-gou (2004) Episode 11 Discussion

modboy - May 30

0 by modboy »»
May 30, 9:36 PM

Poll: » Tetsujin 28-gou (2004) Episode 10 Discussion

modboy - May 19

0 by modboy »»
May 19, 3:55 PM

Poll: » Tetsujin 28-gou (2004) Episode 9 Discussion

modboy - May 5

0 by modboy »»
May 5, 2:08 PM

Poll: » Tetsujin 28-gou (2004) Episode 8 Discussion

modboy - Apr 7

0 by modboy »»
Apr 7, 10:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.