Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 30, 2010 9:09 AM
Nov 2008
Here is what we need as Transformers fans. We need to reform the Transformers section in MAL to match up with the official fiction. We have ALL Optimus Primes under the same section when in fact they are different people and also we need to rename them into their real Japanese Name. Optimus Prime is not Convoy Prime... indeed Rodimus Prime is known as Rodimus Convoy but Optimus Prime is just Convoy. We should take the tfwiki's lead and reform Transformers on MAL to be truly representative of Transformers.
Nov 13, 2011 12:14 PM

Oct 2011
I strongly agree with this. This page also needs to be renamed to Micron Legend instead of Armada (for consistency).
This love for Hirasawa Yui consumes me, washing over my dirty weeaboo body with a cleansing warmth that allows me to reach greater heights. It inspires me to be a better man; not the man they deserve, but the man she deserves. Yui, I love you. With everything I have. You are my one, my only. Mai waifu.
Jun 23, 2012 3:25 AM

Oct 2010
I don't see it happening because Transformers is one of the less popular franchises in the anime fanbase. So there's not much point in MAL to give every single character from Transformers his/her own profile and animeography.

And now with those god-awful live-action movies and Prime series in the spotlight, the franchise has become overly Americanized, in a bad way, such as having the human characters being dorks. What's up with American fiction and the constant use of dorks as leads? Anime fans don't like the hero to be a dork, they like them slightly more aggressive.

Japanese Transformers is disliked by American fans for no reason except for the fact that they're Japanese. In my opinion, the Japanese do robot shows way better than the Americans because the latter depicts robots as nothing more than giant punching bags with arms punching each other.
DarkSharinganZJul 18, 2017 2:19 PM
Sep 20, 2012 6:29 AM

Jul 2010
MadHi, glad to see someone with the same opinion :) Sadly, you're right about unpopularity of Japanese TF both in anime community and TF fandom. The latter become so Americanized during the last years (because of movies, and even more because of new American series and comics), that Hasbro most likely will never again do the next Japanese TF series :(

MadHi said:
I don't see it happening because Transformers is one of the less popular franchises in the anime fanbase.

Yes, anime fanbase isn't a help, 'cause not willing to be interested in TF. Most of anime fans think about Japanese Transformers as a simply remakes of originally American franchises (like X-Men, Wolverine, Supernatural anime or upcoming Mass Effect OVA), and don't even wants to try it, because such remakes isn't in favor among anime fans.
Dec 9, 2013 8:43 PM
Apr 2009
Dunno if anyone cares considering how old this topic is but here are my thoughts on things we need:

-Agreed on the need to have different pages for the several different Optimus Primes/Convoys. Though the original Optimus Prime should stay listed as Optimus Prime since the American version is the original version of the show.

-Renaming Armada is arguable since the English version actually aired first but yeah it does look weird to list that by its western name and the other parts of the Unicron Trilogy by their Japanese names. And the Armada cartoon was co-developed by the U.S. and Japan so I'm not sure it should matter whose version was technically on television first.

-What's less arguable is the original series' current name. The show's proper name is "Transformers" or "The Transformers," not Transformers Generation 1. It's Japanese name isn't Transformers Generation 1 either. In general Transformers Generation 1 would be fine as a nickname for the show, but not on an anime site - Headmasters and such are also part of Generation 1.

-We need an entry for the Beast Wars cartoon. Beast Wars II is a spinoff of it (albeit with few direct connections by my understanding) and Beast Wars is in continuity with the G1 shows. We also already have this:
http://myanimelist.net/anime/9274/Chou_Seimeitai_Transformers_Beast_Wars_Metals:_Convoy_Daihenshin!
In light of that it, it doesn't make sense to leave Beast Wars out. Obviously Beast Wars isn't anime but neither is the original Transformers series, which is listed on this site because it fits into the Japanese animated continuity. So does Beast Wars. If people wanted to rethink the decision to list the original Transformers TV show and movie, that would be fine, but including those and not Beast Wars is inconsistent.

-An entry for Beast Machines, the sequel to Beast Wars, would also make some sense based on similar logic to the above, but since nothing on this site is a sequel to or spinoff of Beast Machines it's not nearly as important.

-The Related Anime sections were generally kind of a mess or missing connections. I've fixed some of them already. Though you can't really fix everything without a Beast Wars entry since Beast Wars II is a spinoff of it.

-We should add more of the original voice actors and non-Japanese staff to the original series and movie pages.

-My understanding is that Shoji Kawamori's entire involvement in early G1 predates Transformers even existing: he designed several of the toys (mostly Diaclone) that would later be rebranded and marketed as Transformers and had no other involvement in the Transformers franchise until 2006 or so. Seems like it might be a stretch to list him in the staff pages for the G1 shows, particularly the later ones when none of the characters whose toy designs he was responsible for are even around anymore beyond maybe the occasional cameo.
KaiserMagusDec 9, 2013 8:46 PM
May 14, 2015 3:03 AM

May 2012
So far I managed to make changes to some character entries and mods approved them so far. So now just to see if they can merge Jetfire and Optimus Prime from Micron Legend and Galaxy Force, as I accidentally added another entry without noticing that they already existed in Galaxy Force lol. And G1 is not gonna be split as the mods fear of messing up anime lists, as this is too old of an entry to be modified.
G1 is renamed by a mod, and Micron Legend seems to be named ages ago before I took action. So things seem to be grand by now.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chou Robot Seimeitai Transformers Micron Densetsu Episode 52 Discussion

Konani - Sep 5, 2022

0 by Konani »»
Sep 5, 2022 2:29 PM

Poll: » Chou Robot Seimeitai Transformers Micron Densetsu Episode 48 Discussion

Konani - Sep 5, 2022

0 by Konani »»
Sep 5, 2022 12:14 PM

Poll: » Chou Robot Seimeitai Transformers Micron Densetsu Episode 46 Discussion

Konani - Sep 5, 2022

0 by Konani »»
Sep 5, 2022 11:09 AM

Poll: » Chou Robot Seimeitai Transformers Micron Densetsu Episode 37 Discussion

Konani - Sep 4, 2022

0 by Konani »»
Sep 4, 2022 8:10 PM

Poll: » Chou Robot Seimeitai Transformers Micron Densetsu Episode 34 Discussion

Konani - Sep 4, 2022

0 by Konani »»
Sep 4, 2022 7:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.