Forums
New
Rate this anime
Jun 29, 2010 8:02 AM

Feb 2008

Fairy Tail (Info)

Genre: Action, Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy, Magic, Shounen

Plot/Summary
Story follows a teenaged girl named Lucy Heartfilia who aims to join the world's most notorious mage guild, Fairy Tail. During a daring rescue, Lucy encounters Natsu "Salamander" Dragneel, a quirky Fairy Tail member and a teenaged practitioner of the ancient Dragon Slayer magic. Lucy is eventually welcomed into the Fairy Tail guild as she, Natsu, and other members go on various quests together.

Comment:
I was thinking whether to open this one or not since the show already has 35 episodes but we still don't know how many it will have in total... so that's the way it is.

This Erza arc seems promising, it seemed a bit rushed though in between the last more serious fight against the Phantom Lord guild but the last thing we probably need are fillers. What are your impressions of the show?

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jun 29, 2010 8:28 AM

May 2009
Hm... Fairy Tail is probably the best shounen-ai (FMAB excluded, I don't count it as shounen-ai its too awesome) I'm currently following...
So far story goes well... art and sensation reminded me of One Piece (I've seen only few eps of One Piece and that was like kid).
Natsu reminds me of Luffy with his personality... though he would suck if he were in One Piece due his transportation problem... XD
HAPPY ISN'T TRANSPORTATION

All of them are quite nice... I am saying that bcs I am already bored with writing about it.
Best male character: Loke (From the start when I saw him I knew that he was awesome, something was telling me... later after some time I concluded him as best character on series)
Best female character: Erza (I love girls with swords... her personality got me later, when I saw her weird sense and unhuman strength <3 + her requiping is awesome, from armour to towel after good shower and latest... sad past got me)
Overall this anime has potential of becoming long as well known other shounen-ai's and better then them. ^^
Jun 29, 2010 9:09 AM

Feb 2009
About the episode count, we still don't have any idea but I think this is going to be ongoing for a while.
Proof: I am a manga reader(and I won't leave any spoilers, trust me). Erza arc has a lot of happenings and since it was in episode 25 that the 3rd OP appeared, I expect a change in OP/ED in 2-3 more episodes, 5 at maximum. Like what happened at the 3rd OP(which really spoiled the Erza arc), a lot of foreshadowing and spoilers for next happenings will be in the new OP/ED so it will reach the next arc, which is just as good as the current arc. Dunno if it will go beyond the said next arc, though. One thing for sure is that this will be around for a long while.

Impressions:
The first 10 episodes suck in animation quality. I didn't understand why there were reused animations for spells and moves and why the violence was toned down but I soon accepted that. As the Galuna Island arc reached the climax, the animation kind of got better, and stock animations disappeared bit by bit which was good but there was no escaping that the violence level will be toned down in the future episodes. Phantom arc really picked up in animation which was really great. It seems animation budget is saved for 1-on-1 fights, Gajeel and Natsu fight is evidence. Fairy Law met my expectations and was really awesome. For the current Erza arc, it still has some modifications but otherwise, getting better. But I dread the next battles since they still do mediocre animation for group fights, Erza rebellion as evidence. Hoping they do well with the fight I'm waiting for.

This is the only thing I really have to complain about the show. Looking past this and looking at the story, voice acting and BGM, they're very great. It picks up at the Galuna arc and steadily becomes better with each arc. This is a great show that can be compared to the Big 3 and FMA:B, though it really suffered because of the animation that made people drop it in the earlier episodes.
Jun 29, 2010 9:42 AM

Jul 2008
As for length, they're still about 2 or 3 major arcs (read 13-20 episodes each) behind the manga. That said though unfortunately they're now into arcs that kind of have lackluster endings compared to the previous ones, IMO.

I love Erza-sama <3.
Jul 1, 2010 3:49 PM

Jan 2010
I think it's amazing. I know a lot of people disagree, but I don't care. It has so much action and it never gets old. I hope it keeps going well, and I wish more people stuck with this one <3
I love Loke :D
Jul 1, 2010 4:29 PM

May 2009
nicoliolipoli said:
I think it's amazing. I know a lot of people disagree, but I don't care. It has so much action and it never gets old. I hope it keeps going well, and I wish more people stuck with this one <3
:D

I completely agree...iam probably just saying that cause i love to laugh and this anime never fails in that department. But iam also in LOVE with the characters and their personalities (HAPPY!<3). I've enjoyed every episode so far. Its become one of my new favs and i hope way more episodes keep coming out.

Jul 1, 2010 4:50 PM

Feb 2008
It has a good vibe, and it gets you fired up even though there are corny scenes/lines and even the animation seems cheap at moments but you enjoy every minute of it. That's how most shounen shows start and later as the show goes on that feeling fades, most people won't admit that :P.

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakamatachi

corwinr - Jul 2, 2010

19 by Symphonic-Rain »»
Mar 9, 2015 8:19 AM

Poll: » Best Ending of Summer 2010

Quartz - Sep 20, 2010

9 by Origa-san »»
Jan 4, 2011 11:28 PM

Sticky: Poll: » [Closed]The Best Female Character of Summer 2010

ARXLaevatein - Sep 29, 2010

18 by Ravell »»
Oct 15, 2010 10:33 PM

Sticky: Poll: » [Closed] The Best Male Character of Summer 2010

ARXLaevatein - Sep 29, 2010

15 by Ravell »»
Oct 15, 2010 10:30 PM

Sticky: Poll: » [Closed] Best Anime of Summer 2010

Quartz - Sep 19, 2010

20 by Quartz »»
Oct 6, 2010 5:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.