Forum Settings
Forums
your name.
Available on Manga Store
New
What is the best age rating for Your Name?
Oct 15, 7:01 PM
Nov 2023
I haven't seen Your Name yet but I plan to as it looks really good. I usually am pretty picky with what I watch so if an anime is rated mature I usually look into why to make sure it's something I'm actually okay with watching (example: cyberpunk edge-runners looked interesting but I decided not to watch it due to it apparently having several sex scenes). I looked into this one and it looked like something I'd enjoy but I was surprised when I saw the age rating for the first time.

I went to streaming to see where I could watch it and found that it simultaneously was rated PG, PG-13, and R. I know that age ratings vary depending on the country but having the same movie show up as PG, PG-13, and R across different streaming services in the same country was just so odd I found it kind of funny as I've never seen such a drastic difference in age rating for one movie. If we count different countries in the mix it's rated both G and PG-13 in the Philippines which means it covers every standard age rating which is a random but cool achivement in a way (not counting NC-17 cause with anime that stuff is usually just labeled as R).

I didn't see anyone talking about this so I just wanted to share for anyone who noticed this or found it interesting at all.
I look forward to watching this one :)
Oct 16, 5:47 AM

Jul 2021
it's PG-13, cause it has the mc fondling with his/her breasts, so that's a typical age rating for Western standards
Oct 16, 6:51 AM
Mar 2022
PG-13, mainly because smaller children probably won't even understand everything that's going on in the movie and the message it's conveying. Also the breast fondling lol.
Oct 16, 7:04 AM

Sep 2016
I would give everything the highest age rating to minimize censorship.
Oct 16, 7:45 AM
Mar 2023
Ricdumb said:
Not answering the main question here but Cyberpunk edge runners doesn’t have any sex scenes. It has some sexual content but nothing as extreme as an actual sex scene

It's a post about Your Name dude
Oct 16, 8:14 AM
Nov 2017
Since here we use Family/Children, 13+, 18+, and Adult.
I never know what G, PG, & R stand for, and im too lazy to find out.
So im just take a guess its General, Parental Guided, and Racist.

Your name should be 13+.
Oct 16, 8:50 AM
May 2021
Ricdumb said:
BipulGamer07 said:

If you read the original post they mention edgerunners and were told false information. I just addressed it.

Ep1 Ripperdoc scene before David comes in with the Sandevistan towards the end begs to differ.
Even if it's only 4-5 seconds long, still counts.
Oct 16, 11:21 AM
Jun 2023
Reply to AbraxusFiran
Ricdumb said:
BipulGamer07 said:

If you read the original post they mention edgerunners and were told false information. I just addressed it.

Ep1 Ripperdoc scene before David comes in with the Sandevistan towards the end begs to differ.
Even if it's only 4-5 seconds long, still counts.
@AbraxusFiran Oh yup mb, now im spreading misinformation
Oct 16, 3:05 PM
Jun 2014
Purely vibes based, I think PG-13 is best. There’s the fact the MC gropes their own chest, but there are a few underwear flashes
Oct 16, 3:37 PM

Apr 2024
G.

Young children might not get the story, but it won't traumatize them, so there's no reason to avoid it. Though, I'm just guessing. Then again, so are the people deciding the actual ratings. It's bizarre to me that ratings aren't decided on and substantiated by child psychiatrists.
Yesterday, 9:01 PM
Oct 2021
I showed my 10yo. She couldn’t follow the time differences well and so didnt understand the story
2 hours ago
Jan 2023
ilusatus said:
Since here we use Family/Children, 13+, 18+, and Adult.
I never know what G, PG, & R stand for, and im too lazy to find out.
So im just take a guess its General, Parental Guided, and Racist.

Your name should be 13+.

R is adult and G is all ages

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimi no Na wa. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

checkdafool - Jul 3, 2016

1410 by iseededpul »»
Oct 16, 12:43 AM

» "Extremely Jealous": Your Name's Makoto Shinkai Praises New Hit Film by Director of A Silent Voice

Hickykissy - Sep 6

18 by gandhimahatma »»
Sep 26, 8:16 AM

» Why is "Your Name" listed as a "Romantic Subtext” movie when romance is one of its focal points?

no_comparisonBM - Jul 3

21 by Scavendgarr »»
Sep 2, 1:56 PM

» The only couple that could say they’ve been in each others shoes

Angglio_1 - Apr 9

22 by Fenyy »»
Aug 27, 3:23 PM

» I've seen this film many times and this part still confuses me

BettrThanFlapjax - Aug 20

26 by BIA_2713 »»
Aug 23, 4:47 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.