Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 11, 2:33 AM
Jun 2022
This has been listed as ONA on MAL. So if it is a Netflix original ONA then it probably won't have more than 13 episodes as we have seen till date. So maybe it will be the east blue saga divided into 2-3 parts as minimum 28 episodes are required if they don't cut off a lot of things and keep the show perfectly paced instead of being really fast paced and lifeless as fast pacing doesn't work for one piece as it needs to portray a detailed world building to capture the beauty of one piece

This is my prediction on how the episodes will be and what they may cover:
Ep: 1-2 (romance Dawn arc)
Ep: 3-6 (Orange Town arc)
Ep: 7-11 (Syrup village arc)
Ep: 12-17 (Bartie arc)
Ep: 18 (cover story: little Buggy's Adventure)
Ep: 19-26 (Arlong park arc)
Ep: 27 (cover story: Diary of Koby and Helmeppo)
Ep: 28 (Loguetown arc)

Also, In case, they ever do the Arabasta Saga and Sky Island saga , I am assuming it would turn out to be like this:
Arabasta saga:
Ep: 1 (Reverse Mountain arc)
Ep: 2-3 (Whiskey peak arc)
Ep: 4-7 (Little Garden arc)
Ep: 8-13 (Drum Island arc)
Ep: 14-28 (Arabasta arc)
Sky Island Saga:
Ep: 1-5 (Jaya arc)
Ep: 6 (cover story: Jango's Dance Paradise)
Ep: 7-20 (Skypeia arc)

It did all this speculation just for fun,I hope you guys also comment about what you would want the adaptation to be like.

So...
You guys can share your own opinions and what you want the show to be like as it is quite fun to speculate and discuss about how it may turn out to be among the community:)
Jul 11, 2:42 AM

Sep 2016
Subxxxx1 said:
So if it is a Netflix original ONA then it probably won't have more than 13 episodes as we have seen till date.

ahahaha, there's no way it's gonna be that short.

ZarutakuJul 19, 4:39 AM
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Jul 11, 3:21 AM

Jul 2023
I thought it would be 24 eps... anyway, they have to skip many thing. Imo, this adaptation is for who doesn't have time watch 1000+ eps, so it's understandable even if they listed it for 13 eps
Talent is something to nurture, and wisdom is something to hone

Jul 11, 3:33 AM
Apr 2022
I think all people who's watching the current animated series got something wrong. This project aim to make and actual animated series based on the work of Eichiro Oda, without all the things that Toei added to make it longer gain time during production. It is not a a side project, it is an actual series. One Piece will end in less than five years, this is the time make a worthy animated series
Jul 11, 3:48 AM
Jan 2023
Subxxxx1 said:
This has been listed as ONA on MAL. So if it is a Netflix original ONA then it probably won't have more than 13 episodes as we have seen till date. So maybe it will be the east blue saga divided into 2-3 parts as minimum 28 episodes are required if they don't cut off a lot of things and keep the show perfectly paced instead of being really fast paced and lifeless as fast pacing doesn't work for one piece as it needs to portray a detailed world building to capture the beauty of one piece

Also, In case, they ever do the Arabasta Saga and Sky Island saga , I am assuming it would turn out to be like this:
Arabasta saga:
Sky Island Saga:

It did all this speculation just for fun,I hope you guys also comment about what you would want the adaptation to be like.

So...
You guys can share your own opinions and what you want the show to be like as it is quite fun to speculate and discuss about how it may turn out to be among the community:)

it would probably be a 8 episode anime with 1 hour per ep duration which equal to a 24 episodes long anime. They will probably continue it with squeal seasons
LittlexLittleJul 11, 3:53 AM
Jul 11, 3:49 AM
Jun 2022
LittlexLittle said:
Subxxxx1 said:

Arabasta saga:
Sky Island Saga:

So...

it would probably be 8 episode anime with 1 hour per ep duration which equal to a 24 episodes long anime. They will continue it squeal seasons

sounds good to me tbh...
Jul 11, 3:52 AM
Jan 2023
Irshiki said:
I think all people who's watching the current animated series got something wrong. This project aim to make and actual animated series based on the work of Eichiro Oda, without all the things that Toei added to make it longer gain time during production. It is not a a side project, it is an actual series. One Piece will end in less than five years, this is the time make a worthy animated series

It is being made due to the old animation in the starting. They will either make it a full adaptation or adapt it until the arc in which animation becomes modern in one piece. A full adaptation will take many years to complete. Either way it will be a canon adaptation(probably).
Jul 11, 3:54 AM
Oct 2021
Netflix normally doesn’t do the same as normal anime
For example Pluto had 8 hour long episodes
Jul 11, 3:56 AM
Jun 2022
Irshiki said:

I am also hoping that it is going to stay and be continued instead of just east blue saga but WIT Studio has said that the main reason for this project is being done is because of the 1:1 narrow frames of old episodes with old animation so we shouldn't have much high hopes.... but still I really want them to animate it all the way up to the final saga. Even toei animation should have stopped after wholecake Island and made the rest of it into a seasonal anime divided in parts like pierrot did with Bleach....
Jul 11, 3:59 AM
Jun 2022
its_connor_26 said:

yes but I don't think they should do that for one piece as if they do that format, then they may not adapt the cover stories which I really wanted to see Animated and also it will feel a bit out of place for me personally 😅 (I would still enjoy it I believe)
Jul 11, 4:05 AM

Jan 2009
whats the point of this remake if that happens
Jul 11, 4:08 AM
Jun 2022
deg said:

better pacing and animation with manga cover stories that are mostly skipped in the original anime
Jul 11, 4:10 AM

Jan 2009
Reply to Subxxxx1
deg said:

better pacing and animation with manga cover stories that are mostly skipped in the original anime
@Subxxxx1 or rush story telling if its only few episodes like this thread claims
Jul 11, 4:18 AM
Jun 2022
deg said:
@Subxxxx1 or rush story telling if its only few episodes like this thread claims

yes as East Blue saga has 100 chapters. Even most of the new gen anime with 24-26 episodes cover 100 chapters of the manga, for example, Ao Ashi Season 1(covers 119 chapters into 24 ep) or Frieren Season 1(covers 60 chapters into 28 ep)
Jul 11, 4:21 AM
Apr 2022
LittlexLittle said:
Irshiki said:

It is being made due to the old animation in the starting. They will either make it a full adaptation or adapt it until the arc in which animation becomes modern in one piece. A full adaptation will take many years to complete. Either way it will be a canon adaptation(probably).

Time doesn't mean anything, even if it mean to cover the entire story within ten years. The end of One Piece is near, once it ends the franchise will not stop and a new animated series is something that is needed to keep One Piece alive (with other projects, like spinoff with it)
Jul 11, 4:22 AM
Apr 2022
LittlexLittle said:
Irshiki said:

Time doesn't mean anything, even if it mean to cover the entire story within ten years. The end of One Piece is near, once it ends the franchise will not stop and a new animated series is something that is needed to keep One Piece alive (with other projects, like spinoff with it)
Jul 11, 4:28 AM
Jun 2022
Irshiki said:
LittlexLittle said:

I agree and they really need to animate all those cover stories like a special which adapts the cover story about Jinbei's solo adventures where we see his past and how he got the road Poneglyph that he gifted to Big Mom for alliance. These side stories about the characters make the world feel even more vast and also Jango's Dance Paradise was a great cover story as well and the Neo-germa one where Judge and Ceaser form a joint research project And also the one where we see Wapol and his successful business of making toys and how he got married to Kindrella. I hope they animate these as well after the end of original series 🙂
Jul 11, 4:32 AM
Oct 2021
Subxxxx1 said:
its_connor_26 said:

yes but I don't think they should do that for one piece as if they do that format, then they may not adapt the cover stories which I really wanted to see Animated and also it will feel a bit out of place for me personally 😅 (I would still enjoy it I believe)

Yeah seeing the cover stories would be cool
I don’t think they will be hour long episodes, I think that they won’t add filler or cut stuff in order to get to 24 episodes it’ll just be however episodes it takes
Jul 11, 9:24 PM

Sep 2022
Subxxxx1 said:

Arabasta saga:
Sky Island Saga:

So...

I get that, but Netflix is getting profit from One Piece and they are expecting to get a whole lot in future. So I wish that they adapt till Marinfoard, it will take 3-4 years at least.
Jul 12, 3:04 AM
Oct 2021
This isn't a question to discuss since we already have an answer.

https://www.whats-on-netflix.com/news/one-piece-anime-remake-on-netflix-everything-we-know-so-far/
Jul 12, 3:12 AM
Jun 2022

huh? looks like I missed the news but if it says that it has been confirmed then I guess it will have 25 episodes but one thing that I think is that cover stories won't be adapted if it's 25 episodes long but it's still good but then again 25 episodes are long for an ONA by Netflix so I guess it will be divided into 2 parts. 25 episodes is enough for the east blue saga tbh
Jul 23, 10:54 AM
Dec 2023
ONA can be any number of episode. WIT's Great Pretender, Moonrise are ONA which have more than 12 episode/ 23 episode.
Jul 23, 8:58 PM
Jun 2022
wivio said:
ONA can be any number of episode. WIT's Great Pretender, Moonrise are ONA which have more than 12 episode/ 23 episode.

Great pretender is a TV show that aired on Japanese cable TV. Netflix just has its exclusive streaming rights so they are the ones responsible for distribution of rights to air and for digital streaming platforms, Netflix has kept it exclusive to their own platform and it is only accessible through Netflix outside Japan but in Japan, it originally aired on a cable TV network. I think The One Piece will also be the same as Fuji television, a cable TV network is mentioned on the poster and it has not really been revealed whether it actually will be an ONA. Maybe MAL listed it as ONA thinking that because Netflix is involved but it will most probably be a TV show whose exclusive distribution rights outside of Japan and on digital streaming services will be owned by Netflix.

More topics from this board

» Episode breakups

ANIk_003 - Jul 19

19 by Falcon07 »»
Jul 22, 3:21 AM

» Will it work if Luffy is going to be voice by a Male actor in this remake?

Amzzluz - Jul 12

30 by grindelorian »»
Jul 21, 3:47 AM

» 'THE ONE PIECE' will reveal its latest information during ONE PIECE DAY '24 on August 11th, 2024

deg - Jul 18

8 by ANIk_003 »»
Jul 20, 3:50 AM

» Remember people, this anime won't tarnish Toei's One Piece!

GoatPieceLuffy - May 22

25 by deg »»
Jul 9, 7:16 AM

Poll: » Do you think One Piece Remake S1 will be 24 or 48 episodes?

GoatPieceLuffy - Jan 9

26 by deg »»
Jul 9, 1:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.