Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 30, 1:57 AM
Oct 2012
Hello, I'm going to start the anime and I would like to know a couple of things. Until now, has it only adapted the second novel? There is nothing from the first novel? And they needed 13 episodes for the second novel, are 7 episodes enough for the third novel?
KumaMerrowJun 30, 2:00 AM
Jun 30, 2:52 AM
Oct 2019
KumaMerrow said:
Hello, I'm going to start the anime and I would like to know a couple of things. Until now, has it only adapted the second novel? There is nothing from the first novel? And they needed 13 episodes for the second novel, are 7 episodes enough for the third novel?

I have no idea but can u tell me how the first novel is.
Is it worth a read or now that I’ve already sat through half of the anime do you think it isn’t worth it anymore?
Jun 30, 3:32 AM
Oct 2012
Reply to KiriyamaRei_010
KumaMerrow said:

I have no idea but can u tell me how the first novel is.
Is it worth a read or now that I’ve already sat through half of the anime do you think it isn’t worth it anymore?
@KiriyamaRei_010 I don't know, I havent' read the novels.
Jun 30, 10:07 AM
Apr 2021
If I understood it correctly, then the first and second novel both play out during the same time frame and thus similar plot lines just with different POV. (first novel from the inside of the palace with the princesses and the second novel from the perspective of Yukiya while he is working for the prince)

The anime adaptation combines both POV/ novels into a single medium. If they fit 2 novels into 13 eps, then the third novel should fit into 7 eps just fine.

I haven't read the novels or the manga adaptation myself though. This is entirely based on what I read in all kinds of comments/ discussions on this show on social media.

I went into this show blind and I almost wanted to drop it after ep 1, because the princess POV didn't hook me at all at first. I am glad I continued watching it though and it has become one of my favorites for this year. I'm excited to see how the next arc will play out.
Jun 30, 11:09 AM
Oct 2012
Reply to Schalonym
If I understood it correctly, then the first and second novel both play out during the same time frame and thus similar plot lines just with different POV. (first novel from the inside of the palace with the princesses and the second novel from the perspective of Yukiya while he is working for the prince)

The anime adaptation combines both POV/ novels into a single medium. If they fit 2 novels into 13 eps, then the third novel should fit into 7 eps just fine.

I haven't read the novels or the manga adaptation myself though. This is entirely based on what I read in all kinds of comments/ discussions on this show on social media.

I went into this show blind and I almost wanted to drop it after ep 1, because the princess POV didn't hook me at all at first. I am glad I continued watching it though and it has become one of my favorites for this year. I'm excited to see how the next arc will play out.
@Schalonym Thank you. It makes sense now!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Karasu wa Aruji wo Erabanai Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 29

41 by KisMaczka »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Karasu wa Aruji wo Erabanai Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 22

47 by chocomayu »»
Yesterday, 8:00 AM

Poll: » Karasu wa Aruji wo Erabanai Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 1

32 by chocomayu »»
Jun 30, 9:53 PM

Poll: » Karasu wa Aruji wo Erabanai Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 25

23 by chocomayu »»
Jun 30, 7:42 PM

» New PV, recap next week

MegamiRem - Jun 29

5 by Kaze_e7 »»
Jun 29, 9:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.