Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 14, 5:39 AM

Sep 2022
I'm thinking of watching 'Insomniacs After School', 'Skip and Loafer' and 'The Dangers in My Heart Season 2' to watch and now when I got some free time I found out none of those released eng dub after 2-3 months !!! Also let me tell you guys I prefer these kinds of show to watch in eng dub because not only it saves time for me to watch the dubs in 1.2x, the subs aren't that good in comparison.
May 14, 6:06 AM
Apr 2023
subs are better still
May 14, 6:55 AM
Nov 2023
I accept the arguments for dub in that reading subs makes it harder to see the actual animation, especially in a dialogue heavy show. I’d rather rewind a bit if I miss something, but that’s not for everyone. But playing a show at higher speed? That’s disrespectful to the pacing carefully chosen by the director as well as the musical soundtrack being ruined. The total ambiance and mood of a show is dictated by pacing, speeding it up completely changes (ruins) the entire experience.
May 14, 7:06 AM

Jun 2021
There is no point in watching Iyashikei anime if you are going to watch it in 1.2x speed.

My doctor has always told me to smoke. He even explains himself: “Smoke, my friend. Otherwise someone else will smoke in your place.”

May 14, 7:10 AM
Mar 2023
Sub as always takes the win
May 14, 7:42 AM

Jan 2013
no but really wtf do you mean 1.2x speed? you're going to fuck up the viewing experience to watch 20% faster?
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
May 14, 8:21 AM
Dec 2022
ANIk_003 said:
I'm thinking of watching 'Insomniacs After School', 'Skip and Loafer' and 'The Dangers in My Heart Season 2' to watch and now when I got some free time I found out none of those released eng dub after 2-3 months !!! Also let me tell you guys I prefer these kinds of show to watch in eng dub because not only it saves time for me to watch the dubs in 1.2x, the subs aren't that good in comparison.

I watched all of them in sub. then again, I actually prefer English dub to sub. and I don't think there's any chance of Skip and Loafer and Insomniacs After School being dubbed.
May 14, 8:25 AM
Mar 2021
LostSpectre said:
no but really wtf do you mean 1.2x speed? you're going to fuck up the viewing experience to watch 20% faster?

I never understood speeding up anime.

no wonder half of yall can't even explain the story when someone asks you😂
May 14, 9:21 AM
Dec 2022
FutoiOtaku said:
I accept the arguments for dub in that reading subs makes it harder to see the actual animation, especially in a dialogue heavy show. I’d rather rewind a bit if I miss something, but that’s not for everyone. But playing a show at higher speed? That’s disrespectful to the pacing carefully chosen by the director as well as the musical soundtrack being ruined. The total ambiance and mood of a show is dictated by pacing, speeding it up completely changes (ruins) the entire experience.

i agree with you.
(@FutoiOtaku )If you speedup watching a 5 or worst rated anime just for the sake completing it ,because you added to your list . it's understanding. most of the dialogue and pacing is Shetty anyway, so it doesn't change the perspective of the anime. it's ok.

but if you're speedup watching one of the top and highly rated show in the season, aah hell no. speed up is the best way to ruined your experience of watching an anime,( i know 1.2X isn't that fast ) but for anime's with good production values have carefully pacing, skillfully and timed execution of moments/scenes. if you speed up that, it just ruins everything the anime has to offer.

if you don't have much time, your better of watching two or three anime's that you can enjoy watching.
Yeshaiah2015yeshMay 14, 9:29 AM
May 14, 12:46 PM
Jan 2022
I think 24 minutes animes are not for you.
you better choose 3 minutes OVA,SNS.
if you able to find a series of 12 episode 3 to 6 minutes duration it's good for you.
May 15, 10:33 AM
Mar 2023
I can understand preferring a dub for anything on HiDive, given how shitty their subs look in most formats.
May 15, 2:24 PM

Sep 2022
FutoiOtaku said:

Do you know when will the dub gonna be released for any of these 3 titles?
May 16, 5:24 PM
Nov 2023
Sorry, missed that, but I can’t help anyway. Insomnia won’t be dubbed ever as far as I’m aware, S&L highly unlikely, but what’s holding up the dub on Dangers is a mystery to me. It’s a huge show with lots of support, s1 got a dub right away, so there’s no reason why they take so long! Japan is a land of mystery…
May 16, 8:56 PM

Sep 2022
Yeshaiah2015yesh said:
FutoiOtaku said:

i agree with you.
(@FutoiOtaku )If you speedup watching a 5 or worst rated anime just for the sake completing it ,because you added to your list . it's understanding. most of the dialogue and pacing is Shetty anyway, so it doesn't change the perspective of the anime. it's ok.

but if you're speedup watching one of the top and highly rated show in the season, aah hell no. speed up is the best way to ruined your experience of watching an anime,( i know 1.2X isn't that fast ) but for anime's with good production values have carefully pacing, skillfully and timed execution of moments/scenes. if you speed up that, it just ruins everything the anime has to offer.

if you don't have much time, your better of watching two or three anime's that you can enjoy watching.

Maybe 1.2x isn't the way to go, but I just wanna know about any chance of Insomniac or Skip and Loafer getting dubbed, also Dangers in My Heart S1 got a dub so S2 should be also but no sign of that either.
May 16, 9:05 PM

Sep 2022
FutoiOtaku said:
Sorry, missed that, but I can’t help anyway. Insomnia won’t be dubbed ever as far as I’m aware, S&L highly unlikely, but what’s holding up the dub on Dangers is a mystery to me. It’s a huge show with lots of support, s1 got a dub right away, so there’s no reason why they take so long! Japan is a land of mystery…

I see, yeah atleast I thought S&L might have some chances. Many anime these days got dubbed after many months of main release, like Undead Unlock, Dark Gathering. I mean Food Wars S5 released dub recently after 4 freaking years 😵.
But I'm really annoyed with The Dangers in My Heart. Good romance anime, 8 in my opinion, which I don't give just any romance series,but they are delaying the dub, I got some free days so this was good time if any.
May 20, 3:59 AM
Jul 2023
ANIk_003 said:

Bro shut yo goofy ahahahhahhhahahhahahahahahahahah
May 20, 4:00 AM
Jul 2023
FutoiOtaku said:

Unless it's one piece lol

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - May 15, 2023

104 by winsonkeren »»
May 3, 8:12 AM

» So… still nothing about season 2?

A-lil-weeb-dog - Feb 8

17 by saketsahu »»
Apr 26, 2:26 AM

» Anyone else want to try out astrophotography after watching this?

D-A-W - Apr 13

1 by kartik111 »»
Apr 24, 11:24 AM

Poll: » Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jun 19, 2023

147 by D-A-W »»
Apr 12, 12:12 PM

Poll: » Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jun 12, 2023

84 by D-A-W »»
Apr 12, 11:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.