Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 8, 1:41 AM

Feb 2020
I already liked that OVA a lot. It's nice that we'll get a full season at some point. :)

SerafosFeb 8, 10:52 AM
Feb 8, 4:36 AM
May 2011
Was disappointed when the original turned out to be a 15 minute OVA (though I did enjoy it). This is great news
Feb 8, 9:42 AM
Feb 2019
I too was sad when I found out the original was only a single OVA, I remember finishing it and wishing there was more to it, so I'm ecstatic to hear about this!
Feb 8, 10:46 AM
Mar 2016
That's a surprise. The sole OVA was fun but it fell short of what it could be. I guess they were taking temperature and I'm glad it's going this way 😊
Feb 8, 3:26 PM

Mar 2019
I also enjoyed the OVA. Never expected this, can't wait!!

𝔏𝔦𝔰𝔱𝔢𝔫 𝔱𝔬 𝔞𝔫𝔦𝔪𝔢 𝔢𝔡𝔰!
Feb 8, 11:18 PM
Dec 2021
This is very unexpected. Hope it turns out great!

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Feb 9, 4:53 PM
Sep 2017
Not what i expected but i'm all here for it. OVA was fun to watch
Feb 10, 7:08 AM

Mar 2018
Almost screamed when I saw the notification for this, I’m so so happy oh my god
Feb 11, 9:50 AM

Jun 2019
I was surprised and a little saddened back around New Year's Eve of 2021 when finding out that the TV special was such a short thing. I thought we were getting a proper golf anime series then. And then equally unexpectedly, something like Birdie Wing: Golf Girls' Story came along in 2022. I found out about the existence and impending premiere of both around the same time, so I thought then we would have two full-fledged golf series airing in close proximity after previously not seeing golf hardly ever featured and represented within anime at all. Only for one to be a full series and the other just a very abridged kind of promo thing. But I'm still glad that I chose to watch it regardless. I enjoyed its aesthetic; cute and colorful.

This will be an interesting counterpart to Birdie Wing and to compare and contrast it, but I guess it will be more a Yuru Camp or Slow Loop-esque CGDCT but for golf as opposed to shouneny action sports film parody and pseudo-Shoujo-Ai.

Also, to all those including the OP referring to the special as an OVA, wasn't it not an OVA? I thought it aired on Japanese television. Its archival webpage in the database on MAL says it was a TV special.
Feb 11, 12:06 PM
Sep 2021
Golf seems to be getting popular in anime. We got the sorairo utility ova around new year's eve of 2021, then we got birdie wing airing in 2022 and 2023 during the spring seasons. And funnily enough we are getting another golf anime during this spring season, ooi tonbo, which is going to be animated by olm. Oh and this summer season there is another golf anime airing called rising impact, from the author of seven deadly sins.
Feb 13, 6:19 PM
Forever Fearless

Apr 2007
Birdie Wing must have been successful enough that they though this would be a good one to green light. lol
Speed is Life - 1st ID... patch on my shoulder.

Feb 17, 4:40 PM

Apr 2011
I thought it wouldn't have an anime series. Good to see it'll have a series.
May 28, 2:11 AM

Nov 2007
additional casts
new key visual, pv
https://natalie.mu/comic/news/575269
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!

More topics from this board

» Can’t wait for this

Spitfire3751 - Feb 8

8 by RobertBobert »»
Feb 9, 12:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.