Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 1, 2023 3:50 PM
Mar 2022
Hi everyone, I've just finished this manga and I just wanted to hear people opinion about the bullying of kitahara.

Now don't get me wrong I'm not gonna defend kitahara antics at trying to get kurosawa to do her dirty work etc, but as myself I've been bullied at school befrore I can understand why she shelled herself into a corner and didn't wanna talk or stand up for herself and finally snapped before the end.

I know sugawa actually regrets her actions towards kitahara as she tried to push her to come to the reunion and she become more mature under her attitude persona.

The only issue I have with the manga, is it felt like at the end of it kitahara "was the bad guy" she was constantly bullied to the point where she was forced to confess a fake love proposal among other things against her will... now I'm not being funny this abuse wasn't addresses and NOT a single one of the bullies apologised to her.

I wanted to get it off my chest as I felt like that was the only issue I had with the manga.

I loved Kurosawa, Suguwa etc character growth it was well done and a very unique story.

Please feel free to discuss :)
Nov 1, 2023 5:25 PM
Apr 2019
Thats a good point,I hadn’t even considered her side of things tbh.she really did become the villain by the end
Nov 1, 2023 7:22 PM
Sep 2021
Deanomac2010 said:
Hi everyone, I've just finished this manga and I just wanted to hear people opinion about the bullying of kitahara.

Now don't get me wrong I'm not gonna defend kitahara antics at trying to get kurosawa to do her dirty work etc, but as myself I've been bullied at school befrore I can understand why she shelled herself into a corner and didn't wanna talk or stand up for herself and finally snapped before the end.

I know sugawa actually regrets her actions towards kitahara as she tried to push her to come to the reunion and she become more mature under her attitude persona.

The only issue I have with the manga, is it felt like at the end of it kitahara "was the bad guy" she was constantly bullied to the point where she was forced to confess a fake love proposal among other things against her will... now I'm not being funny this abuse wasn't addresses and NOT a single one of the bullies apologised to her.

I wanted to get it off my chest as I felt like that was the only issue I had with the manga.

I loved Kurosawa, Suguwa etc character growth it was well done and a very unique story.

Please feel free to discuss :)

fr bro she basically Turned a villian
Nov 1, 2023 8:11 PM

Aug 2020
For lack of a better term I think I'd describe the manga as troublesome. The way the story concluded, the message given to the reader at the end, to me personally it just seemed to be preaching about a similar thing as basically every other japanese story, "go outside, get job, fit into the mass", usually directed at otaku who have their lives out of order in some way (like kurosawa). Ignoring the already present insensitivity of this sort of message however, most of the stories featuring it, unlike this one, don't also happen to feature a mentally ill girl who gets bullied as the closest thing to a villain. The only two possibilities for why the author wrote this kind of thing featuring such stupid borderline victim blaming is because he was once a bullying victim but "got over it" and now through his story he's trying to tell kitahara to do the same, or he got so focused on writing this preachy conclusion that he forgot that there was an actual bullying victim in the story that needed her resolution and not just the moron that is the main character. In the end you just got this sloppy mess that doesn't have a real conclusion for kitahara's character arc, her way of getting over her issue is bullshit, and she is shown as a bad person for not wanting to go to the gathering where the people who ruined her high school life were. I was okay with it while reading for the most part, but reflection after finishing the story just made me angry at how hideous the situation actually is. It's prob one of the ugliest examples of virtue signaling I've seen in a manga. Of course I'm not saying that she did nothing wrong because she definitely didn't do right with her retaliation, but she was punished for trying to fight back against people who wronged her, who then went unpunished like they were clean of wrongdoing, which is dogshit and also completely sheepish of the writer and frankly kinda makes me disgusted with the story in the end
Absolutely more power to u if u could enjoy it tho in spite of this
Nov 1, 2023 11:12 PM

Mar 2021
If you ask me, Kurosawa is an asshole for hanging out with Sugawa. He's basically conveying to Kitahara a message of "Hey, you know that girl who bullied you so badly, you went totally berserk? We're besties now!"
"Molly Ringwald" out right now - check my Linktree!

Nov 2, 2023 5:20 PM

Dec 2019
Kitahara is still somewhat portrayed as the villain with the way the story concluded and my opinion remains that way. I absolutely agree that the author should've at least given Kitahara an optimistic conclusion bcuz she's victimized and her overall character was left quite unaddressed.

Maybe it's just me, but I can't forgive Kitahara for how she excessively blackmailed Kurosawa after everything he's done for her. She knew damn well about Kurosawa's feelings towards Takigawa, yet she forced his cum onto Takigawa.. All bcuz Takigawa occasionally gave Kitahara unpleasent looks? If anything, that's just being emotionally unbalanced, I don't remember much of the manga tbf but I don't blame anyone for believing Kitahara's character deserves justice, I couldn't care any less about her though.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Onani Master Kurosawa Chapter 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

sifma - Aug 17, 2008

70 by bubba460z »»
Sep 6, 8:23 AM

» About the ending (spoiler ofc)

BipulGamer07 - Aug 23

6 by DioBrando_69420 »»
Aug 23, 11:46 PM

Poll: » Onani Master Kurosawa Chapter 31 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

fatfreelife1 - Jul 27, 2009

362 by MrRant »»
Aug 23, 1:23 PM

Poll: » Onani Master Kurosawa Chapter 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Animyers - Jul 23, 2009

55 by astoneon »»
Apr 15, 4:47 PM

Poll: » Onani Master Kurosawa Chapter 30 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Deadrocks - Jul 27, 2009

73 by Saintnatti »»
Dec 12, 2023 1:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.