Forum Settings
Forums

How did you discover The Slayers series and what made you like it?

New
Sep 21, 2023 10:27 PM
May 2021
I discovered The Slayers on Youtube searching for Slayer music, back when the Funimation Youtube Channel had seasons of shows. Was a playlist of season one in the related search results, thought that was strange getting recommended 90's anime looking up Slayer. Started watching the first episode out of pure curiosity greeted by Lina gleefully destroying a bandit camp and stealing their treasure after burning them to a crisp was pretty metal. Then the dragon scene where it steps over Lina and Gourry, then Lina threw Gourry at the dragon to distract in the best comedic Looney Tunes Cartoon distraction I ever saw so she could cast a dragon slave. Then she destroyed the entire town on accident killing the dragon and expected a reward, which in turn made the survivors chase them out of the obliterated town instead. Then nodes her head in agreement and running away from the destruction she caused, immediately fell in love with the humor and hooked me in with laughter.

Hoping to Read other Fanatical Slayers fans discoveries of this Series.
Though the fanclub is ghostly at the moment maybe new life will arise once again.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Slayers novels

Chiyo-ko - May 22, 2009

16 by kihel »»
Sep 26, 2023 9:06 PM

» When did you start Slayers? ( 1 2 )

Emptyk - Sep 26, 2007

64 by Slayers363 »»
Sep 21, 2023 10:39 PM

Poll: » Favorite Slayers Character? ( 1 2 )

Emptyk - Sep 17, 2007

88 by Xamry14 »»
Jan 20, 2014 10:19 PM

» looking for a Lina Inverse soundboard

knorssman - Aug 1, 2013

0 by knorssman »»
Aug 1, 2013 6:02 PM

Poll: » Favorite Villain

MichaelCasey - Aug 3, 2010

6 by nedrah »»
Feb 24, 2013 7:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.