Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 23, 2010 8:52 PM

Jan 2008
Here it comes, another Thread about your favourite anime which probably influenced you on your whole life since your childhood. :P

So, I was rewatching the Cell Saga. And I remembered this episode, which made me actually cry when I was younger. You know, Goku sacrificing himself to prevent Cell from blowing up himself and the earth.
Not only is this a rather sad moment but in addition, Bruce Faulconer's amazing music increases the tension of this moment.

I guess this is my favourite part in all DB / DBZ in terms of emotionality.

Actually from 0:00 - 1:56.
Seeing your favourite hero sacrificing himself and knowing that there is actually no way for him to return (except the Namekian DBs), it sure strikes you as a little kid. :D

So, what about you guys? Got any favourite moments which you think of as touching? Brought you close to shed a tear or made you actually cry?

Tell us and, if possible, show us. :D
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
May 24, 2010 3:47 AM

Apr 2010
1ST POST WOT WOOOT :D A must as the leader of the spamming onions ^^

Actualy the only moment that i felt something was... in DBGT @_@'

The very last episode where Goku gets taken away by Shenron :(
Even when he got killed over an over again, i didn't care because i knew we would just see him in the other world with a halo over his head. But when he got taken away by Shenron, even the halo part seemed impossible from then on :( Plus we see Shenron flying over everyone at that moment (Like when he flew over Yamcha and Puar with car problems in the desert, that reminded me of the very 1st eps of DB), as if "Goodbye for ever all".
Fuck GT but that was quite moving i'll give them that...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 24, 2010 5:33 AM

Jan 2008
What a surprise. :P
And here I thought it would be Vegeta's death caused by Frieza. ^^
May 24, 2010 9:01 AM

Apr 2009
I'll go with that ^^ It was freaking sad... and Goku's sacrifice in Cell Game, vegeta's sacrifice with Buu (the most touching), last episode of DBGT aaaaaand tha would be all ;p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae-KN24mxlo
May 24, 2010 10:26 AM

Jan 2008
I was rather pissed off with the end of DBGT. I thought of it as simply stupid.

But rather, when you saw those scenes for the very first time, how was it? :D
Well, I guess it also depends how old you were when watching DB / DBZ for the first time. :P

But what I also find interesting is how Vegeta feels after Cell's death. He, in fact, was actually sad that Goku died.

I also somehow think that these scenes will suck in DB Kai. We all know what happens but what deepens the mood is the music in the background and so far, DB Kai was rather dissapointing. I'd rather like to watch the dubbed version of DB Kai.
I want to know whether they will use new Bruce Faulconer songs or some other new (hopefully) amazing stuff.
May 24, 2010 1:49 PM

Apr 2009
About those scenes... I don't remember about first Vegeta's death but for Goku at Cell Game I was sad and Vegeta's sacrifice was for me extremely sad ;] The same with GT ending, it was sad like hell o_O
May 25, 2010 9:23 AM

Apr 2010
I wasn't sad at those scenes because technicly, there is no such thing as "death" in DB/DBZ :P They all come back at some point (except Kami after fusing with Piccolo).
Judging only by DB to DBZ namek saga, absolutly every one died and was brought back to life, so when they kept on dying during Cell saga and Buu saga, i had mix emotions. A bit of "Again??", a small touch of "something new plz" and a ounce of "Bah... he'll be back before the end of the episode".
Catch my drift?
And how exactly am i suppose to feel sad about Goku's sacrifice with Cell... if 2min later we see him again in the other world? Dead or alive, the guy is still in the show so who cares ;) ?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 25, 2010 9:26 AM

Apr 2010
But i gotta say, during Vegeta's sacrifice against Buu, i was just speechless.

My face was something like that ==> @_@

I guess because well... VEGETA SACRIFIYING HIMSELF? WTF!!! And a bit of amazement about how he did it (big ass BOOOM!!!)
May 25, 2010 11:55 AM

Jan 2008
You go with the moment. Of course they die and you see them again in the next few minutes but I guess its the situation. Everything is about to explode and no one except Goku has an idea to save the world (and probably the universe because Cell would only cause further destruction) and he has to sacrifice him to do so. Noble indeed and he knows that he won't be able to return anymore or accepts the fact that he endangers the world by only being there.

You also have to consider the impact of the moment. If you are probably a kid, it will effect you more than "now".
Of course, DBZ dramatic scenes ain't that awesome compared to several animes like Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (those who don't know it: THIS IS BLASPHEMY! MADNESS! WATCH IT RIGHT NOW!), Chrono Crusade (especially the ending) and maybe the old timer X. There are more but can't think of 'em right now.
May 25, 2010 5:58 PM

Apr 2008
Great topic.. I'll have to introduce adding points to topic makers, and some rewards, a sistem I saw they use in another club.. XD

Hmm.. All is said.. Well, maybe a moment in Majin Buu Saga, when Vegeta sacrifices himself as well, trying to kill fat Buu. So unexpected and emotional :x

You see it here, in this old AMV I made..

Edit: Fixed, you even get to see it on my own TV :P
_gRim_May 26, 2010 11:27 AM
May 26, 2010 2:43 AM

Apr 2010
Actually Bob, I've been watching reading DB/DBZ ever since i was like 7 :P So i think i never was sad because i still didn't know the meaning of "death". Specially because, like i said previously, death doesn't exist in DB/DBZ .
Also might be the reason why the only touching moment for me was GT's last episode, because that time, i was "old" and knew the meaning of some emotions.
But i think that, if i saw DB/DBZ NOW... i'm pretty sure i would've felt something real about Vegi's sacrifice ^^
May 26, 2010 5:09 AM

Jan 2008
Yay @Grim.
In regards to my previous attempts you should make me to an Admin, if possible. Then, I can dominate everyone here. ^.^

MWUHAHAHAHAHA.

*note to myself: less evil laughs, I'm about to get sick*

Btw. Grim:
I think you've got the Youtube link wrong. But I used to do the same mistake. ^.^
May 26, 2010 11:22 AM

Apr 2008
Yeah, I realized it after posting - but was too lazy to change it with poor connection at that time :x
I'll fix it now..
Well, since Kaysabb was fired - there is an opened spot, so I'll think about it XD
May 27, 2010 2:39 AM

Apr 2010
Really?? I'm still seing his name in the club officers list :P
May 27, 2010 4:46 PM

Apr 2008
I already told you about that.. He killed himself soon after he was fired, so we kept it in his memory. :(
May 28, 2010 10:27 AM

Apr 2010
WRONG!! Check OVA tournament, I killed him, also killed tak and dmd so that makes Kooks = 3 and all the rest of you 0.
Anyways... NO SPAMMING HERE GRIM!
May 29, 2010 9:35 AM

Apr 2008
Says who?!
*frowns.
May 29, 2010 10:25 AM
Apr 2009
Silent_Bob said:
You go with the moment. Of course they die and you see them again in the next few minutes but I guess its the situation. Everything is about to explode and no one except Goku has an idea to save the world (and probably the universe because Cell would only cause further destruction) and he has to sacrifice him to do so. Noble indeed and he knows that he won't be able to return anymore or accepts the fact that he endangers the world by only being there.

You also have to consider the impact of the moment. If you are probably a kid, it will effect you more than "now".
Of course, DBZ dramatic scenes ain't that awesome compared to several animes like Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (those who don't know it: THIS IS BLASPHEMY! MADNESS! WATCH IT RIGHT NOW!), Chrono Crusade (especially the ending) and maybe the old timer X. There are more but can't think of 'em right now.

I can't tell you how touched I was by Chrono Crusade's ending.
May 29, 2010 12:19 PM

Jan 2008
Yeah. That is one of these endings which will let you think about it for a while. Not because it is wrong, awesome or so but really tragic.

And I just finished rewatching both Code Geass seasons. The very last episode (or actually the last few minutes) were also awesome. Awesome as in tragic and well done.
May 30, 2010 3:12 AM

Apr 2010
The endings that made me feel kinda shitty were:
Code Geass: I mean DAMN! I wasn't sad or anything, didn't find it extremely tragic but more extremely heroic. He did all these things from the 1st ep to the very last ep... in order to get killed??? Damn! Respect! *Military salute*
Death Note: Same, wasn't sad or found it tragic. I just didn't want an ending :( so you can say my feeling about it was deceit.
Fate/ Stay Night: You stupid bitch stay with Shirou!! Going back just to die >_>' i think she must have been having her period at that time. But for this ending, i was sad :(
ELFEN LIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!!! Duh :P Rather not comment or it might turn out to be a 5000 words composition :P Pretty sure none of you want this ;)
And (that will be a shocker for you guys :P) Vampire Knight ^^. Another stupid bitch going for the wrong guy >_>'

I think that's it...
May 30, 2010 3:31 AM

Apr 2010
Oh... and GT ^^' Must be mentioned judging by the club and thread we're in :P
Jun 11, 2010 11:28 AM

Apr 2009
Even though I knew Vegeta would come back again in a few episodes, I still cried when Frieza killed him. Especially during his very moving death bed speech, and when Goku buried him. I think that was the moment that made Goku consider him an ally.

Best "awww" moment was when Goku and Goten met. That was really sweet :D
Jun 12, 2010 4:43 AM

Jan 2008
I always have to laugh when Goku lifts Goten. There you see just how small Goten is in comparison to Goku. xD
Jun 24, 2010 8:10 AM
Apr 2009
When Kid Goku ran on Grandpa Gohan after Fortuneteller Baba's challenge.
Jun 25, 2010 3:19 AM

Apr 2010
Indeed, very cute scene XD
Aug 10, 2010 6:20 PM

Dec 2009
xDDD Lol nice Oppinion
Even tho I dont know them all

The Best Part I Like of DBZ
is when Gohan goes to High School & Meets Videl & Learns her how to Fly.
It so Cute! But could've been made more Cuter
Aug 10, 2010 9:20 PM
Apr 2009
When Goku got happy after beating Piccolo at the 23rd World Martial Arts Tournaments.
Aug 11, 2010 2:49 AM

Apr 2010
Well it was his very win in the final... so i think his joy was more about being the world champion than beating Piccolo
Aug 12, 2010 9:13 AM

Apr 2009
Ecchi_Kooks said:
Well it was his very win in the final... so i think his joy was more about being the world champion than beating Piccolo

Poor guy kept trying and trying and got so close each time...but Im glad he didnt win until the end of the series. It kept things more interesting. I thought it was cute after that when Goku pulled Chichi up onto the fllying nimbus and flew off with her. They were such a cute couple back then. *sigh*
Aug 15, 2010 6:51 PM
Apr 2009
Goku and Chi Chi tying the knot at the end of Dragonball. 'Cause that's what gave us another epic character: Gohan.

FYI, I get chills everytime Brice Armstrong (the narrator) mentions DBZ.
Aug 16, 2010 3:00 AM

Apr 2010
More as a funny moment, but can also be considered touching in a way.

The Budokai tournament in DBZ during the Buu arc. The tournament is about to start and then Goku asks for food... next thing you know you have Goku, Gohan, Vegeta, Trunks, Goten all around the same table eating enough to feed an entire army XD

Funny because of all the spectators including Videl, the waiters and the commentator completly astonished by the amount they eat.
Touching because all the Saiyans are together ^^ A family reunion ^^ First time Goku eats with Goten and been a long time Goku ate with Gohan, and you can say Goku's family and Vegeta's family have that cousinish bond. And Goku and Vegeta, bitter rivals and on and off enemies eating at the same table is kinda cute ^^
Dec 30, 2010 2:02 AM

Dec 2010
i cried the whole day when i saw Goku in the end of Dragon Ball GT....
"until we see again.."was the last i heard from him which made me very very upset...

*crys again*
Dec 30, 2010 3:17 AM

Apr 2010
There there... cheer up ^^
Jan 2, 2011 9:31 AM

Dec 2010
thanks!^^
Aug 3, 2012 1:40 PM

May 2011
The entirety of The History of Trunks.

Especially near the end when it started raining.
Jun 1, 2015 6:50 AM

May 2015
Krillin death :(
Aug 17, 2015 2:50 PM

Apr 2014
The moment I cried was the first death in Dragon Ball. The moment when one of Piccolo Daimao's men killed Kuririn.
"You don't become Hokage in order to be acknowledged by the village.
The one who is acknowledged by everyone, is the one who becomes Hokage."
Uchiha Itachi, Naruto Shippuden
Oct 24, 2016 12:23 PM

Nov 2014
Well, for me there's no other scene that topped Vegeta's sacrifice while fighting against Buu..
Reality is the lifeblood that makes a work pulse with energy. Reality itself is entertainment

Jul 21, 2017 9:54 AM
Oct 2015
Vegeta's suicide of course
Dec 1, 2017 9:35 PM
Feb 2017
Well, Final Atonement and Future Gohan's death gave me feels, tho
Mar 23, 2018 11:21 AM
Mar 2017
Dragon Ball Super Future Trunks special FIGHT SCENE. This is a very amazing fighting scene with freeza...the most amazing part was when goku transformed into SSJ 2...

https://youtu.be/Ld49tKj1Pnk
Aug 21, 2018 12:49 PM
Sep 2016
There are a lot of touching and sad moments but gotta go with Piccolos sacrifice in Z and GT..
As a kid, Piccolo always scared the shit outta me when he first appeared in DB and seeing him sacrifice himself for the son of his biggest rival and enemy just shows what a wonderful development he has gone through.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pB21Mo5Yr2Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKy-6zLcVjA

Oct 7, 2018 9:09 AM

Sep 2018
I think the death of Android 16 and Future Gohan's death were very sad moments for me and touching.
Oct 13, 2018 11:48 PM
Dec 2016
My moment actually comes from the original DB. Its from when Goku was fighting Fortune Teller Babas men to find the last dragonball and fights his late grandpa Gohan. He doesn't know its his grandpa until the end of the fight.
Up until this point Goku had been the hero. Hardly playing the normal role that a kid his age would, but when he saw that he was fighting his grandpa and he cried and hugged him I was forced to remember that he is just a kid.
I'd recommend watching the whole original series just for that moment.
Jun 4, 2021 3:23 AM
Sep 2020
bro for me one of my favorite moments arent really moments but its things like goku vs freeza on namek, even though its not touching for some people, for me it was poetic, after everything freeza had done the person to beat his ass was the sole survivor of the race he brutally tortured for years and then murdered.
But even then, with goku finally achieving the god-given form of super saiyan, that form couldnt just stop the planet from exploding, so then we have these BEASTS, these absoulute giants that top everyone else in power, noone being NEAR their strength, fighting til their death with no meaning knowing theyll both probably die, fighting for the pure sake of rage towards each other, two monsters fighting to their doom, as we see the screen slowly each episode get filler with lava flowing through everywhere, as well as goku looking down on freeza, who sealed his own fate.
I could talk for hours how important this fight is, but id be here forever, have a nice day.
Dec 18, 2021 12:52 AM

Nov 2021
Come on we all know the saddest moment in dbz is when master roshi got died during the tournament of power...
Aug 22, 2022 11:56 PM
Jul 2022
Goku meeting his grandpa
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» favorite dragon ball series

refty20 - May 13

0 by refty20 »»
May 13, 1:45 AM

» Favorite DBZ mothers

TerrorH3ctor - May 6, 2011

27 by refty20 »»
May 13, 1:38 AM

» Your favourite fight in DBZ

Silent_Bob - Jan 5, 2010

48 by Kenshiro57 »»
Aug 23, 2022 3:37 AM

» Favourite DBZ game?

hiruma55 - Jan 3, 2010

28 by Kenshiro57 »»
Aug 22, 2022 11:53 PM

» DBS AMVs

EmceePinks - Oct 30, 2018

0 by EmceePinks »»
Oct 30, 2018 3:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.