Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 29, 2023 11:48 PM
Dec 2022
I know many people are asking about the watch order, in my opinion the correct order is kimi one first(the one with pink visual) and then the boku one(one with blue visual).

Prime reason as to why I think it is

-boku one literally spoils the entire story of kimi one at the end removing any kind of emotional weight it carries. Some will say kimi one does the same for boku one but I don’t agree with it since it just shows just a generic life of a couple from being young to old, your imagination and the one shown will not have much difference but of course that’s not the whole story there are still some twists to it.

-boku one mostly picks off from where kimi ended, the ending of both is same. Watching both gives you a full picture 

-Some people say the above watch order is a happy one, I don’t think there is anything happy about it rather bittersweet but optimistic.

- I will get into spoilerly territory now.

Well I just wanted to help people make the correct choice, at the end it’s my opinion; I don’t know how many of you will  ageee with it maybe I am a bit biased because I watched it in this order but I still consider this as the correct order.
buzz737Apr 30, 2023 12:16 AM
Apr 30, 2023 4:04 AM

Aug 2020
I watched the blue one first, haven’t seen the other one yet tho.
Please stop, I don’t want to see any more Dekugo😭
Apr 30, 2023 7:22 AM
Dec 2022
Sonnyman45 said:
I watched the blue one first, haven’t seen the other one yet tho.

Well lemme know how you feel about it after you watch the kimi one
Apr 30, 2023 7:32 AM

Jan 2017
buzz737 said:
in my opinion the correct order is

nothing.

There is no "correct" order , it's even the concept of the Novels/Movies...
Watching one Movie before the other gives a complete story. Watching the other Movie before would gives another complete story.
Of course , you can prefer one way , but you simply can not brand it as the "correct" one.

Kinda sad that such an interesting concept is ruined by how overanalyzing everyone is...
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Apr 30, 2023 7:56 AM
Dec 2022
Alexioos95 said:
buzz737 said:
in my opinion the correct order is

nothing.

There is no "correct" order , it's even the concept of the Novels/Movies...
Watching one Movie before the other gives a complete story. Watching the other Movie before would gives another complete story.
Of course , you can prefer one way , but you simply can not brand it as the "correct" one.

Kinda sad that such an interesting concept is ruined by how overanalyzing everyone is...

Yeah that’s why I said in my opinion…of course everyone is free have to their opinion, there is no general consensus about this one though
Apr 30, 2023 8:01 AM

May 2020
I do think you are right!!!

The best watch order is pink then blue!!!
" Kindness can sometimes lead you to trouble. "

Apr 30, 2023 8:08 AM
Dec 2022
Hitagi__Furude said:
I do think you are right!!!

The best watch order is pink then blue!!!

Yeah my main problem with the blue one had I been watching it for the first time it just straight up gives the entire plot of pink one.

buzz737Apr 30, 2023 8:17 AM
May 5, 2023 8:50 PM
Jan 2016
I think the right order is pink, then blue as well.

*Spoilers(?)*

Something that gave it away imo was the fact that the Blue one's credit just end genetically. Everything just fades to black, while in the other one you get the couple spinning endlessly Evangelion credits style, until after the credits are over where they get separated... It's sort of like it was intended for you to get curious and go watch the other movie, in other words, it leaves you wanting to know what happens next, while the other movie just ends. It's rather conclusive in comparison...
Jun 10, 2023 8:42 AM

Feb 2020
Actually I don't think pink one actually works own it's own. Blue one actually can work even without watch pick one. Because it's covers both stories and ends. 

Pink one is like just flashback even of first one with few Easter eggs extended  and  made into movie. 
AdampkJun 10, 2023 9:37 AM
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Jun 10, 2023 7:46 PM
Dec 2017
I watched it in an order that most people will probably find kind of nonsensical. I watched the blue one up to 1:15:44, then switched to the pink one on a whim because it felt like a good spot, watched all of the pink one, then switched back to the blue and finished that.

I found that this order worked surprisingly well? Especially since this was my first watch, it really helped to play to the strengths of both movies.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku ga Aishita Subete no Kimi e Episode 1 Discussion

Darkminato1 - Nov 13, 2022

38 by CarbonMD »»
May 9, 9:50 AM

» Thoughts on Shiori?

arinthach - Sep 13, 2023

2 by CarbonMD »»
May 9, 5:59 AM

» Nothing is good for Kazune

Ghefira - Feb 15

5 by rishamr »»
Feb 16, 11:43 AM

» 'BOKU' FIRST 'KIMI' THEN!!!

mufarari - Jun 20, 2023

8 by mafd12 »»
Feb 15, 8:02 PM

» did not understand

_KET - Apr 23, 2023

14 by Hystique »»
Jun 3, 2023 12:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.