Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 9, 2023 3:49 PM

Mar 2021
I had a question, in the movie, why do they say "The Fifth Emperor" to Luffy? There is Buggy, Shanks, Blackbeard and Luffy, who would be the other emperor making it five?

I love long running anime + ecchi manga + potatoes = gimme some
Mar 9, 2023 4:19 PM
Jan 2023
As far as I can tell it’s due to the timing. After cake island but before kaidou. big mom was the start of it by “retiring”leaving behind shanks, Teach, buggy, and kaidou as the emperors and the newspaper called him the 5th emperor after the war time skip(with help from the fanboys(Bartolomeo and Calendish). But then kaidou got destroyed and then there were four emperors again.
Mar 9, 2023 4:36 PM

Apr 2022
iirc luffy was labeled the "fifth emperor" sometime around wholecake and he doesn't become officially recognized as a yonko until he defeats big mom and kaido. even though the events of the movie is not canon, i think considering big mom is well in the movie and hasn't been defeated in the anime yet, the 4 yonkos during the movie are still the previous ones making luffy the 5th.
ryzxgumMar 9, 2023 4:49 PM
Mar 9, 2023 4:58 PM

Mar 2021
Tabberz101 said:
As far as I can tell it’s due to the timing. After cake island but before kaidou. big mom was the start of it by “retiring”leaving behind shanks, Teach, buggy, and kaidou as the emperors and the newspaper called him the 5th emperor after the war time skip(with help from the fanboys(Bartolomeo and Calendish). But then kaidou got destroyed and then there were four emperors again.
ryzxgum said:
iirc luffy was labeled the "fifth emperor" sometime around wholecake and he doesn't become officially recognized as a yonko until he defeats big mom and kaido. even though the events of the movie is not canon, i think considering big mom is well in the movie and hasn't been defeated in the anime yet, the 4 yonkos during the movie are still the previous ones making luffy the 5th.
I completely forgot that the news outlet announces Luffy as the fifth emperor all the way back in episode 878! Now it makes sense, thank you guys!
I love long running anime + ecchi manga + potatoes = gimme some
Mar 9, 2023 9:59 PM

Aug 2018
It’s inconsistent about when it happens, but between Whole Cake and Wano some people called Luffy the 5th emperor. This is before him and Buggy replaced Kaido and Big Mom
Mar 9, 2023 11:59 PM
Dec 2019
Ania_BH said:
I had a question, in the movie, why do they say "The Fifth Emperor" to Luffy? There is Buggy, Shanks, Blackbeard and Luffy, who would be the other emperor making it five?

This movie takes place after wano, there’s no explanation for why and how inconsistent this movie is, we’re just supposed to roll with it since the only thing canon about this movie is UTA.

Luffy doesn’t get announced as the one of the 4 emperors till the post wano arc btw
Mar 10, 2023 7:05 AM
Sep 2021
RequiemLo64 said:
Ania_BH said:

This movie takes place after wano, there’s no explanation for why and how inconsistent this movie is, we’re just supposed to roll with it since the only thing canon about this movie is UTA.

Luffy doesn’t get announced as the one of the 4 emperors till the post wano arc btw

Uta/Luffys flashback is also canon and some fighting moves from Shanks.
Mar 11, 2023 12:04 AM
Apr 2018
Ania_BH said:

kaido shanks bb and bm are the current emperors in the anime.

More topics from this board

» Is this the worst one piece movie? ( 1 2 )

EndlessMaria - Mar 10, 2023

70 by DestyPuffari »»
3 hours ago

» Confusion about the time line of the Movie [*spoiler from Wano]

ANIk_003 - Aug 6

14 by Terry-Senpai »»
Sep 13, 7:20 PM

Poll: » One Piece Film: Red Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Usopp8000 - Aug 5, 2022

256 by PrinceLied »»
Sep 9, 12:35 PM

» So where is Kyuubey???

Hitagi__Furude - Mar 11, 2023

6 by Zarutaku »»
May 23, 6:22 AM

Poll: » Best Film Red Song (Since the movie is now out on streaming services)

Cestlavie_ - Mar 7, 2023

18 by Itzmespooky »»
Jun 7, 2023 5:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.