Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 9, 2023 4:46 AM

Aug 2021
My experience with Steins Gate has been pretty weird, there are watch orders. One involves watching Steins gate episodes from 1-24, the other one involves watching episodes 1-22, then OVA that leads to Steins Gate 0 and should come back, and watch the other two episodes namely 23 and 24. 

I watched the entire series another way around. I must say one thing to Steins Gate fans. 

There is one plot twist in Steins Gate 0 that happens in episode 21 that is so good and it completely overshadows every plot twist in OG Steins Gate. That plot twist is the single thing that the Steins Gate franchise in my opinion has achieved to the term that I would call "Peak Fiction" in general. 

Before any OG fans of Steins Gate come and disagree with my post, I do see there are flaws with Steins Gate 0 but the high points of that series are so good. 

Overall, Steins Gate was an amazing journey and I will never forget it. Episode 21 of Steins Gate 0 is the single best thing that I've experienced from this Franchise
Mar 9, 2023 4:50 AM

Jan 2017
Sanjay63773 said:
there are watch orders.

There is not.
You are talking about a "chronological order" , which can be done with absolutely every piece of fiction ever created , and just ruin the intentions of the Author. (In the case of Steins;Gate , it isn't even chronological to begin with.)

Sanjay63773 said:
There is one plot twist in Steins Gate 0 that happens in episode 21 that is so good and it completely overshadows every plot twist in OG Steins Gate.

Which plot twist ?
There is the incredible revival scene , which is without any doubt the best sequence of 0 , but that's all... ?
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Mar 9, 2023 6:00 AM

Feb 2021
Alexioos95 said:
Sanjay63773 said:
there are watch orders.

There is not.
You are talking about a "chronological order" , which can be done with absolutely every piece of fiction ever created , and just ruin the intentions of the Author. (In the case of Steins;Gate , it isn't even chronological to begin with.)

Sanjay63773 said:
There is one plot twist in Steins Gate 0 that happens in episode 21 that is so good and it completely overshadows every plot twist in OG Steins Gate.

Which plot twist ?
There is the incredible revival scene , which is without any doubt the best sequence of 0 , but that's all... ?

Agreed and agreed. Completely agree.
Mar 9, 2023 6:20 AM

Feb 2016
I did enjoy an episode of Steins;Gate 0, but that episode was not the 21st.
By the way, you didn't tell us what order you watched the show in.
その目だれの目?
Mar 9, 2023 8:54 AM
Mar 2021
Alexioos95 said:
Sanjay63773 said:
there are watch orders.

There is not.

Sanjay63773 said:

Which plot twist ?

you asked the author if he think it's bad to watch it like that ? I think with how perfectly it ties everything together and works together it's was for sure meant as a way to watch it and I definitely enjoyed it more that way so above all us if you like it more that way then it's the better way for you
Mar 9, 2023 9:07 AM

May 2016
truth999 said:
Alexioos95 said:

There is not.

Which plot twist ?

you asked the author if he think it's bad to watch it like that ? I think with how perfectly it ties everything together and works together it's was for sure meant as a way to watch it and I definitely enjoyed it more that way so above all us if you like it more that way then it's the better way for you

Ehm... Steins;Gate was released in 2009, 0 was released in 2015. The latter wouldn't even exist if C;C wouldn't have flopped at its initial sales in 2014.

What makes you think then it "was sure meant to watch that way"?

Also SciADV was always meant to be consumed in release order. That is the way how the overarching story unfolds. Mages released those VNs in this specific order for a reason
-
Mar 9, 2023 9:26 AM

Jan 2017
truth999 said:
you asked the author if he think it's bad to watch it like that ?

No , but it's an obvious answer.
Why would they create and release their works like that ?
Especially since Steins;Gate is only Part 2 of a way larger story...

truth999 said:
I think with how perfectly it ties everything together and works together it's was for sure meant as a way to watch it

It ties perfectly because 0 is a Prequel.
It's a complement to the original story ; a bonus material , nothing more.

And did you understood that the entirety of 0 doesn't happens between Episode 22 & 23 of the original , but before Episode 01 of the original... ?
So no , it doesn't work at all.

truth999 said:
I definitely enjoyed it more that way so above all us if you like it more that way then it's the better way for you

You can't tell if you enjoyed more that way than you would've if you had followed the right order.
If you liked it , then good for you , but you did missed something here.
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
Mar 9, 2023 9:39 AM
Mar 2021
SciADV_Maniac said:
truth999 said:

Ehm... Steins;Gate was released in 2009, 0 was released in 2015. The latter wouldn't even exist if C;C wouldn't have flopped at its initial sales in 2014.

Also SciADV was always meant to be consumed in release order. That is the way how the overarching story unfolds. Mages released those VNs in this specific order for a reason
im talking about they wouldnt make ovas and everything to tie the two together like that if it wasnt a way to watch it im not saying its the only way but as far as the anime gos it obvious it was made as a way to watch 
Mar 9, 2023 9:41 AM

May 2016
truth999 said:
SciADV_Maniac said:

im talking about they wouldnt make ovas and everything to tie the two together like that if it wasnt a way to watch it im not saying its the only way but as far as the anime gos it obvious it was made as a way to watch 

The Missing Link OVA was made to be a promotional material for the VN, back in 2015. That's it, nothing more, nothing less.

And the OVA, btw, contradicts the anime :D the dates doesn't match.

It was never meant to be watched this way. Actually the 0 anime is meant to be watched after you finished 0 VN, since it's actually a sequel to it, not a conventional adaptation.
-
Mar 9, 2023 9:43 AM
Mar 2021
Alexioos95 said:
truth999 said:
you asked the author if he think it's bad to watch it like that ?

No , but it's an obvious answer.
Why would they create and release their works like that ?
Especially since Steins;Gate is only Part 2 of a way larger story...

truth999 said:
I think with how perfectly it ties everything together and works together it's was for sure meant as a way to watch it

It ties perfectly because 0 is a Prequel.
It's a complement to the original story ; a bonus material , nothing more.

And did you understood that the entirety of 0 doesn't happens between Episode 22 & 23 of the original , but before Episode 01 of the original... ?
So no , it doesn't work at all.

truth999 said:
I definitely enjoyed it more that way so above all us if you like it more that way then it's the better way for you

You can't tell if you enjoyed more that way than you would've if you had followed the right order.
If you liked it , then good for you , but you did missed something here.
i watched both ways and its there no science adventure anime series atleast that tie together in a good way of you talking about how the vn is thats like saying you need to watch chaos head first and yeah no steins gate episode 22 and prior events did happen before steins gate 0 or 0 couldnt exist 
Mar 9, 2023 9:49 AM

Jan 2017
truth999 said:
i watched both ways

This is the preferred argument of the defenders of this "chronological order" , but it's bullshit.
You can experience a story in only 1 order for the first time , and it's this one that impact everything.
That's why such chronological/alternative orders are always choosen for a re-watch , not before.

truth999 said:
thats like saying you need to watch chaos head first

Yeah , that's what viewers should do.
Unfortunately , the adaptations of the SciAdv outside Steins;Gate aren't really well received by anyone...

truth999 said:
no steins gate episode 22 and prior events did happen before steins gate 0 or 0 couldnt exist

And here is the proof that your order is shit.

Steins;Gate 0 happens wayyy before Episode 01 , since we get to see the realization of the crypted message that the Okabe from the original received.
The Okabe we follow in 0 isn't the one we followed in the original series...
Even if he did experience relatively similar events , you are trying to replace his story with a "copy" of it.

And note that Animes are never made to target new peoples , they are done for those who are already fans of the source material , and if , at the same time , they get new fans , then it's all good for them.
Alexioos95Mar 9, 2023 9:56 AM
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
Mar 9, 2023 8:51 PM
Nov 2016
This shit again, if you watched Steins;Gate with the so-called "Chronological Order" then yeah, you messed up, you indeed watched it in a weird order and btw, that order is not even chronological in the first place.

This dumb chronological order bullshit should just die in a fire, I wish I could bitchslap the idiot that invented that stupid order, it makes me cringe.

And good for you for enjoying Steins;Gate 0, I didn't, it was a piece of crap IMHO and a huge downgrade compared to Steins;Gate but I agree that Steins;Gate 0 does have a couple of pretty good episodes that I still enjoyed like episode 8, 19 and 21.
Mar 10, 2023 2:21 AM
Mar 2022
Sanjay63773 said:
My experience with Steins Gate has been pretty weird, there are watch orders. One involves watching Steins gate episodes from 1-24, the other one involves watching episodes 1-22, then OVA that leads to Steins Gate 0 and should come back, and watch the other two episodes namely 23 and 24. 

I watched the entire series another way around. I must say one thing to Steins Gate fans. 

There is one plot twist in Steins Gate 0 that happens in episode 21 that is so good and it completely overshadows every plot twist in OG Steins Gate. That plot twist is the single thing that the Steins Gate franchise in my opinion has achieved to the term that I would call "Peak Fiction" in general. 

Before any OG fans of Steins Gate come and disagree with my post, I do see there are flaws with Steins Gate 0 but the high points of that series are so good. 

Overall, Steins Gate was an amazing journey and I will never forget it. Episode 21 of Steins Gate 0 is the single best thing that I've experienced from this Franchise

I have watched stien gates in so called chronological order and enjoyed it . There are weirdos who aren't able to digest fact that PPL have enjoyed so called chronological order.

Rest in peace for them
Mar 10, 2023 2:37 AM

Jan 2017
Avnesh_Jain___ said:
I have watched stien gates in so called chronological order and enjoyed it .

Again , the problem isn't that you can't enjoy it , it's that you are not doing it the way you are supposed to , and you most probably toned down your potential enjoyment.

Avnesh_Jain___ said:
There are weirdos who aren't able to digest fact that PPL have enjoyed so called chronological order.

I see that you have Naruto : Shippuuden in your favorites.

In this case , if someone watched Naruto in this order :
Flashbacks of Kaguya (Around Shippuuden 450) > flashbacks of Minato & Kushina (Around Shippuuden 250) > Naruto as a kid (Whole Naruto) > Naruto as a teen (Near whole Shippuuden).
And then he said that he enjoyed it as hell , and that it's now his favorites series , and thus goes around telling everyone to watch it in his order...

Wouldn't you think he is the weirdo... ?
Because that's pretty much how we see you and all of those talking about chronological order here...

For Steins;Gate it's even worse , since the order isn't even chronological to begin with , and confuse peoples. (99% of those who watched it with this order didn't even understood that Steins;Gate 0 happens before Episode 01 of the original...)
Alexioos95Mar 10, 2023 2:40 AM
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
Mar 10, 2023 3:46 AM
Nov 2022
Alexioos95 said:
Sanjay63773 said:
there are watch orders.

There is not.

Sanjay63773 said:

Which plot twist ?

Congrants, you ruined the intentions of the author.
Buny0058Mar 10, 2023 3:50 AM
Mar 10, 2023 3:48 AM
Nov 2022
SciADV_Maniac said:
truth999 said:

It wasn’t meant to be watched like that. You’re out of your mind.
Mar 10, 2023 3:59 AM

Jan 2017
RopeBuny said:

Small tips :
If you want someone to believe your troll/bait , you have to do something more than simply write a single sentence...
Articulate your whole account around it , create thousand of threads , imagine theories or fake chapters/episodes , do something to make your whole troll alive.

Kinda like those 2 :
https://myanimelist.net/profile/EREN1990
https://myanimelist.net/profile/DBZ_is_PEAK
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
Mar 10, 2023 7:19 AM
Nov 2022
Alexioos95 said:
RopeBuny said:

Small tips :
If you want someone to believe your troll/bait , you have to do something more than simply write a single sentence...
Articulate your whole account around it , create thousand of threads , imagine theories or fake chapters/episodes , do something to make your whole troll alive.

Kinda like those 2 :
https://myanimelist.net/profile/EREN1990
https://myanimelist.net/profile/DBZ_is_PEAK

Sorry. that messenge was meant for the guy that posted the thread.
Mar 10, 2023 7:26 AM

May 2016
RopeBuny said:
SciADV_Maniac said:

Are you sure wanted to reply to me?
-
Mar 10, 2023 8:00 AM

Jan 2017
RopeBuny said:

Woah , with how you quoted multiples peoples , while using the same words as us , i was so sure you were trolling here...
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
Mar 10, 2023 8:22 AM
Jul 2019
I don’t understand what the problem is with watching in “chronological order,” as long as it’s a rewatch. My last viewing of Steins;Gate followed this order and to me it made 0 more enjoyable. I’ll probably watch the series in this order moving forward. For me, the ending of S;G is too happy and fun to be followed right after by 0 (though I know not everyone watches 0 if they plan on watching S;G so it doesn’t apply in that case). 0 is such a gloomy and depressing show in the start that it’s hard to get into when S;G’s ending is so lively.

Edit: also I know it’s not actually chronological since it’s not the same Okabe, it’s just easier to reference the watch order as such
Mar 10, 2023 8:29 AM

Jan 2013
DucktorQuack said:
I don’t understand what the problem is with watching in “chronological order,” as long as it’s a rewatch. My last viewing of Steins;Gate followed this order and to me it made 0 more enjoyable. I’ll probably watch the series in this order moving forward. For me, the ending of S;G is too happy and fun to be followed right after by 0 (though I know not everyone watches 0 if they plan on watching S;G so it doesn’t apply in that case). 0 is such a gloomy and depressing show in the start that it’s hard to get into when S;G’s ending is so lively.

Edit: also I know it’s not actually chronological since it’s not the same Okabe, it’s just easier to reference the watch order as such
No one would give a shit about "chronological" order if we were only talking about a re-watch, that much should be obvious. 
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Mar 10, 2023 8:33 AM

Jan 2017
DucktorQuack said:
I don’t understand what the problem is with watching in “chronological order,” as long as it’s a rewatch.

There is none.
The problem here , is that we are not talking about a re-watch...
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
Mar 10, 2023 8:39 AM
Nov 2022
SciADV_Maniac said:
RopeBuny said:

Are you sure wanted to reply to me?

Who’s “are you sure”?
Mar 10, 2023 8:40 AM
Nov 2022
Alexioos95 said:
RopeBuny said:

Woah , with how you quoted multiples peoples , while using the same words as us , i was so sure you were trolling here...

By multiple you mean two to the prior event?
Mar 10, 2023 11:02 AM

Feb 2020
Avnesh_Jain___ said:
Sanjay63773 said:

I have watched stien gates in so called chronological order and enjoyed it . There are weirdos who aren't able to digest fact that PPL have enjoyed so called chronological order.

Rest in peace for them

It's not the fact that we aren't able to digest the fact that people enjoyed it it's the fact that this chronological order is a dumb beginning watch order that is not even chronological in the first place. I hate seeing this stupid watch order because I can debunk it really easily but people defend it and make/confuse new watchers with this crap.

Also here is you debunk you are telling people to chop up a series to watch a time travel series in a so called chronological order. That makes a lot of sense.
Mar 10, 2023 11:23 AM
Nov 2016
Alexioos95 said:
Avnesh_Jain___ said:
I have watched stien gates in so called chronological order and enjoyed it .

Again , the problem isn't that you can't enjoy it , it's that you are not doing it the way you are supposed to , and you most probably toned down your potential enjoyment.

Avnesh_Jain___ said:
There are weirdos who aren't able to digest fact that PPL have enjoyed so called chronological order.

I see that you have Naruto : Shippuuden in your favorites.

In this case , if someone watched Naruto in this order :
Flashbacks of Kaguya (Around Shippuuden 450) > flashbacks of Minato & Kushina (Around Shippuuden 250) > Naruto as a kid (Whole Naruto) > Naruto as a teen (Near whole Shippuuden).
And then he said that he enjoyed it as hell , and that it's now his favorites series , and thus goes around telling everyone to watch it in his order...

Wouldn't you think he is the weirdo... ?
Because that's pretty much how we see you and all of those talking about chronological order here...

For Steins;Gate it's even worse , since the order isn't even chronological to begin with , and confuse peoples. (99% of those who watched it with this order didn't even understood that Steins;Gate 0 happens before Episode 01 of the original...)

Bingo! this right here, if some other dumbass starts recommending people to watch Naruto in a "Chronological Order" the way you described it then they are indeed the weirdos and it would make me cringe.

I cringe just as much when I see dumbasses recommending people to watch Steins;Gate in the so-called "Chronological Order" bullshit and it's even worse here since it's not even chronological, to begin with.
Mar 10, 2023 11:24 AM
Nov 2016
Avnesh_Jain___ said:
Sanjay63773 said:

Rest in peace for them

No offense pal but you are the weirdo here.
Mar 10, 2023 11:33 AM
Jun 2020
Watch divide by zero ova before 23,24. Then watch zero (as a second season)
Mar 10, 2023 11:38 AM
Nov 2016
Do yourself a favor and ignore the above dumbass as well.

Most of the people recommending the so-called "Chronological Order" bullshit here have new accounts or alt accounts, yeah, something tells me it's the same guy recommending this shit with his other accounts, ignore them.
Mar 10, 2023 11:47 AM

Feb 2020
peen_apple said:
Watch divide by zero ova before 23,24. Then watch zero (as a second season)

Wow, this somehow makes even less sense than the """chronological order"""
Rest in Piece, Miura.
https://i.imgur.com/HzfqYqS.png

Mar 10, 2023 12:09 PM

Jan 2013
Other than the sheer stupidity of the "chronological" order, it's made even worse by the fact it doesn't skip "S;G 0" ep 23, which is spoiler heavy af.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Mar 12, 2023 2:19 PM
Mar 2020
It baffles me how ppl care so much in what order ppl watch this anime smh. Let them watch however they want to bruh. It’s literally stupid to even get into such heated debates for something that absolutely doesn’t affect them in any way.

𝘚𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘤𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘦𝘺𝘦𝘴, 𝘐 𝘤𝘢𝘯’𝘵 𝘴𝘦𝘦.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Mar 12, 2023 2:56 PM
Nov 2016
MeVike said:
It baffles me how ppl care so much in what order ppl watch this anime smh. Let them watch however they want to bruh. It’s literally stupid to even get into such heated debates for something that absolutely doesn’t affect them in any way.

That's not necessarily true, I'm a hardcore Steins;Gate fan but I'm also one of the most hardcore Steins;Gate 0 hater around here and believe it or not, that dumb order would have ruined it for me completely because I would be stopping the climax of Steins;Gate to literally shoehorn a shitty anime in the middle of it and thus, ruining the pacing of Steins;Gate and degrading my overall enjoyment out of it.

By the time I finish Steins;Gate 0 I would have been pissed and uninterested to watch the last 2 episodes of Steins;Gate, this same shit happened to a couple of my friends and guess what, that dumb fan made order also ruined it for them and this alone is already a reason to avoid the "Chronological Order" bullshit which is not even chronological in the first place.

I haven't heard the "Release Order" ruining it for anyone but I have definitely heard the "Chronological Order" ruining it for a couple of people and it gets ruined for a good reason, you are literally shoehorning another anime in the middle of Steins;Gate which is also made by another freaking director and even the characters changed since the girls have bigger boobs for whatever reason.
Mar 12, 2023 3:06 PM
Mar 2020
xZabuzax said:
MeVike said:

That's not necessarily true, I'm a hardcore Steins;Gate fan but I'm also one of the most hardcore Steins;Gate 0 hater around here and believe it or not, that dumb order would have ruined it for me completely because I would be stopping the climax of Steins;Gate to literally shoehorn a shitty anime in the middle of it and thus, ruining the pacing of Steins;Gate and degrading my overall enjoyment out of it.

By the time I finish Steins;Gate 0 I would have been pissed and uninterested to watch the last 2 episodes of Steins;Gate, this same shit happened to a couple of my friends and guess what, that dumb fan made order also ruined it for them and this alone is already a reason to avoid the "Chronological Order" bullshit which is not even chronological in the first place.

I haven't heard the "Release Order" ruining it for anyone but I have definitely heard the "Chronological Order" ruining it for a couple of people and it gets ruined for a good reason, you are literally shoehorning another anime in the middle of Steins;Gate which is also made by another freaking director and even the characters changed since the girls have bigger boobs for whatever reason.

Bro, I get what you’re saying. I’m not here to argue what’s the best choice. I’m here to tell ppl to not act stupid and end up insulting each other, which would be a waste of time for everybody, over how one watched it. If they didn’t watch it the correct order, how does that affect you or me? It doesn’t. That’s the point. I’m not saying you shouldn’t discuss what’s the correct order or not, but if you read above, I rarely saw any discussion above, only heated ppl insulting each other.

Mar 12, 2023 3:14 PM
Nov 2016
MeVike said:
xZabuzax said:

Bro, I get what you’re saying. I’m not here to argue what’s the best choice. I’m here to tell ppl to not act stupid and end up insulting each other, which would be a waste of time for everybody, over how one watched it. If they didn’t watch it the correct order, how does that affect you or me? It doesn’t. That’s the point. I’m not saying you shouldn’t discuss what’s the correct order or not, but if you read above, I rarely saw any discussion above, only heated ppl insulting each other.

Don't get me wrong, someone watching Steins;Gate in the "Chronological Order" BS won't affect me now but it would definitely have affected me if I did watch it that way and thus, I'm simply trying to fight against it but yeah, insulting each other is not the best way to do it so I agree with you there.
Mar 12, 2023 3:17 PM
Mar 2020
xZabuzax said:
MeVike said:

Don't get me wrong, someone watching Steins;Gate in the "Chronological Order" BS won't affect me now but it would definitely have affected me if I did watch it that way and thus, I'm simply trying to fight against it but yeah, insulting each other is not the best way to do it so I agree with you there.

Honestly, If ppl feel that way about release order and chronological order, they should just watch original steins gate and nothing else. No ovas no SG0 and no movie. Just 24 episodes and move on. No drama no nothing.

Mar 12, 2023 3:27 PM

Mar 2023
I watched it chronological my first time just some months ago and it was an excellent experience. No regrets. Far more satisfying than if I didn't.
Mar 12, 2023 3:30 PM
Nov 2016
MeVike said:
xZabuzax said:

Honestly, If ppl feel that way about release order and chronological order, they should just watch original steins gate and nothing else. No ovas no SG0 and no movie. Just 24 episodes and move on. No drama no nothing.

I don't entirely agree with this though, Steins;Gate 0, the movie, ovas, etc... are separate products and thus, they should be watched as separate products, nothing wrong in watching some extras, prequels, midquels, sequels, whatever... those things exists to please the fans and I'm cool with it.

The thing I don't agree with is ruining the pacing of an anime to shoehorn another anime in the middle of it and it's even worse in Steins;Gate since that fan-made order is not even chronological.

Steins;Gate 0 is a separate product and it should be treated as such, it was never intended to be watched before Steins;Gate, that dumb order was simply created by a fan who apparently had no idea what he was doing and suddenly, that order became popular among a minority of people.
Mar 12, 2023 3:36 PM
Nov 2016
Sandyperson said:
I watched it chronological my first time just some months ago and it was an excellent experience. No regrets. Far more satisfying than if I didn't.

I'm happy for you, go and tell that to my friends who got their experience ruined by it.

It wasn't ruined to all of them though, some of my friends liked the dumb fan-made order and others hated it and as a Steins;Gate 0 hater myself, I would have hated it too so I don't recommend it.
Mar 12, 2023 3:42 PM

Mar 2023
I recommend it for dedicated completionists, I suppose. I still agree 0 wasn't as good, but dogshit? Not even close. 
Mar 12, 2023 3:53 PM
Nov 2016
Sandyperson said:
I recommend it for dedicated completionists, I suppose. I still agree 0 wasn't as good, but dogshit? Not even close. 

To be fair, is Steins;Gate 0 dogshit? no, it isn't, that's just me being edgy and expecting too much out of Steins;Gate 0, there are obviously far, far worse animes out there.

To me Steins;Gate 0 is like Dragon Ball GT or Boruto, a crappy anime but even crappy animes can have a couple of good episodes, not everything was bad in Steins;Gate 0, I did love episode 8, 19 and 21 after all, they were awesome but Steins;Gate 0 is simply that IMHO, just a crappy anime with a couple of good episodes, nothing more, nothing less.

That's simply my opinion though, if someone loved Steins;Gate 0 then good for them.
Mar 12, 2023 8:47 PM
Jun 2020
xZabuzax said:
MeVike said:

wait so when do i watch divide by zero
Mar 12, 2023 9:12 PM
Nov 2016
peen_apple said:
xZabuzax said:

wait so when do i watch divide by zero

The first thing you should do is finish Steins;Gate (all 24 episodes) before you watch anything else from the franchise, it's how Steins;Gate was created and intended to be watched. Once you finish it, the rest is up to you mate. You will simply watch the ova divide by zero (aka: episode 23beta) before starting Steins;Gate 0, that ova will serve as the introduction to Steins;Gate 0.

I usually recommend the release order which is:

Steins;Gate 01-24 > Steins;Gate Ova 25 > Steins;Gate Movie > Steins;Gate Ova 23beta > Steins;Gate 0
Mar 12, 2023 9:21 PM

Feb 2016
xZabuzax said:
Sandyperson said:

To be fair, is Steins;Gate 0 dogshit? no, it isn't, that's just me being edgy and expecting too much out of Steins;Gate 0, there are obviously far, far worse animes out there.
I think it's dogshit.
その目だれの目?
Mar 12, 2023 9:28 PM
Nov 2016
Lucifrost said:
xZabuzax said:

I think it's dogshit.

Well... fair enough =p

I did expect way too much from that piece of crap, can't be helped, after watching something amazing like Steins;Gate my standards were really high.
Mar 13, 2023 4:09 AM
Mar 2020
xZabuzax said:
MeVike said:

I don't entirely agree with this though, Steins;Gate 0, the movie, ovas, etc... are separate products and thus, they should be watched as separate products, nothing wrong in watching some extras, prequels, midquels, sequels, whatever... those things exists to please the fans and I'm cool with it.

The thing I don't agree with is ruining the pacing of an anime to shoehorn another anime in the middle of it and it's even worse in Steins;Gate since that fan-made order is not even chronological.

Steins;Gate 0 is a separate product and it should be treated as such, it was never intended to be watched before Steins;Gate, that dumb order was simply created by a fan who apparently had no idea what he was doing and suddenly, that order became popular among a minority of people.

See that’s the thing. You’re telling them to watch extra things, but get annoyed when they don’t watch them how you want them to do it. You can’t have everything. That’s why I don’t understand why you even do it. As I said, if they watch it however they want, what’s it to us? Nothing. If they want to watch it the wrong way, let them. Why should you give a shit about the way one consumes anime, or everything for that matter? If you don’t understand that, you’ll be stuck here arguing with these ppl for a long time. I used to be like that too, but now idrc anymore. You want to watch steins gate backwards? Do it bro. You want to watch only the movie? Do it bro? You want to watch 0 before the og anime? Do it bro. It is what it is. Gotta go now, so have a great day and try not to give a shit what others think or want to do.

Mar 13, 2023 5:07 AM
Nov 2016
MeVike said:
xZabuzax said:

See that’s the thing. You’re telling them to watch extra things, but get annoyed when they don’t watch them how you want them to do it. You can’t have everything. That’s why I don’t understand why you even do it. As I said, if they watch it however they want, what’s it to us? Nothing. If they want to watch it the wrong way, let them. Why should you give a shit about the way one consumes anime, or everything for that matter? If you don’t understand that, you’ll be stuck here arguing with these ppl for a long time. I used to be like that too, but now idrc anymore. You want to watch steins gate backwards? Do it bro. You want to watch only the movie? Do it bro? You want to watch 0 before the og anime? Do it bro. It is what it is. Gotta go now, so have a great day and try not to give a shit what others think or want to do.

Well mate, unlike you, I do it because I actually care about Steins;Gate, and I want people to experience Steins;Gate the way it was intended to be watched and not have people getting their experience ruined with that dumb fan-made order because that's exactly what happened to some people and it would have definitely happened to me as well.

But nice talking to you anyways, have a great day as well.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Is Kurisu alive at the very end ❓❓

neel_senpai - Yesterday

37 by Lightsrevenge »»
13 minutes ago

» Watch order ⁉️ ( 1 2 )

neel_senpai - May 29

51 by Spheromancer »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Aug 30, 2011

808 by Dagolio »»
May 27, 2:31 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Samu-tan - Apr 3, 2011

551 by klrtg15 »»
May 23, 12:28 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - May 17, 2011

310 by sidusX7 »»
May 21, 9:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.