Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 18, 2022 1:12 PM

Jun 2020
OFC SPOILERS ABOUT LAST VOLUME.

Did someone else find the ending kinda rushed? Like, i knew maya and michiru were bound to end together, i was hoping for a happy ending etc etc but in the middle of history they were distancing themselves from everyone and everything, moving houses and focusing on their jobs.. it was frustating and then they pulled things together. ok, i can clearly see the "i love you so deeply and i want to stay with you but everything is against us" but i guess i just didnt like how the author came to the conclusion... idk if im forgetting something but for me i was expecting it so when it happened i was like ah ok they already live together and i know they like each other but now they are having better comunication. happy!

ALSO one of the lasts chapters was about nico running away AND IN MY OPINION HE WAS ONE OF THE MOST INTERESTING CHARACTERS ON THE MANGA and i really wanted to see more of his past, how he met with keiichi and about their job. but it left me with a impression of "its the last volume so i NEED to tie all characters together bc its ending, my bad you didnt see this earlier"

also. the second extra chapter in the last volume. maybe i just dont like sudden time skips but i didnt need it to sympathize with the lives of the characters at the end...
Apr 28, 2023 3:14 PM
Nov 2015
Bit late to this discussion but I just finished the manga and I agree! I think Maya and Michiru's will-they-won't-they was dragged out a bit too long (especially since we all kind of knew they'd eventually end up together and happy). It sort of felt less like them naturally coming together and more like the author decided to stop making them go back and forth between who's running away and who wants to stay.

Nico was one of the bigger things that bothered me... what he dealt with and what he did especially in the penultimate chapters was so dark. From the beginning we didn't get a lot of depth out of him aside from brief moments every few chapters but it really didn't sit right with me how rushed that entire storyline is and how in the end we don't really get any kind of resolution for his intense feelings, just

and then moving on to the finale where he doesn't even have a big part other than being slapped once for what he did in a gag panel. I agree that he was one of the more interesting characters and there was a lot of potential for him to heal and grow, but we don't really see any of that happening, which was really a shame.

I also think the timeskip was...? Not the worst thing, but it didn't feel like it was foreshadowed at any point. It didn't feel like it resolved any issues that still needed to be tied out between the main or supporting cast, so it was just kind of there.

Overall I had fun reading but there were some issues with pacing, and some things felt hastily resolved.

More topics from this board

» Ohana Holoholo Chapter 2 Discussion

Gierume - Dec 11, 2022

0 by Gierume »»
Dec 11, 2022 3:30 AM

Poll: » Ohana Holoholo Chapter 5 Discussion

SleepyBear - Oct 5, 2014

1 by wawawawawawawawa »»
Oct 31, 2019 7:25 AM

Poll: » Ohana Holoholo Chapter 6 Discussion

SleepyBear - Oct 5, 2014

0 by SleepyBear »»
Oct 5, 2014 9:28 PM

Poll: » Ohana Holoholo Chapter 1 Discussion

ToG25thBaam - May 28, 2014

1 by SleepyBear »»
Oct 5, 2014 8:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.