Forum Settings
Forums
THE MERMAID PRINCE
Available on Manga Store
New
Aug 31, 2022 7:47 AM

Apr 2020
CAUTION: Minor spoilers at the end.

I found out about this manga through the Summer 2022 Official Challenge Stack. At first, I wasn't expecting anything from it. I just considered reading it because I want to at least finish one manga from the challenge stack to get the limited-time badge legitimately. This was not suppose to be the one I'm going to read. I was suppose to read "Ningyo Ouji" since it has only 1 volume but accidentally read this one because the title is kinda similar. I stayed because the 1st chapter kinda hooked me. Not because of the BL stuff because I'm not into that but because I love myself some romance with supernatural elements. I never saw Coral, the main girl(?) as a male anyway even with her third leg since she's still pretty cute and her face and actions are that of a girl.

The art is pretty good and the characters are also likeable. I also like the atmosphere in this manga. There is something mystical about it. I really love those kind of stuff. The story is fine, not perfect but still good. The simplicity of the story is one of the main thing which I liked. It made it easy to follow and something you can read if you want to turn off your brain and relax. Plus it is short, just 23 chapters long so you can finish it in just one sitting if you want to. The story is wholesome but it can be sad at times. The humor is also quite good especially the interactions between the main cast.

Overall, a very entertaining read. I enjoyed it from start to finish. Maybe the songs that I listened in the background also helped make my experience reading this manga quite a fun one.

PS: One thing I really wanted to happen was for Coral to finally turn into a girl at the end but oh well. Let's leave that to our imaginations I guess lol.

PPS: I was suppose to put this in the reviews section but I figured that it is too subjective so I decided to put it here instead.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ningyo no Ouji-sama Chapter 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2014

0 by Stark700 »»
Aug 4, 2014 1:35 AM

Poll: » Ningyo no Ouji-sama Chapter 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2014

0 by Stark700 »»
Aug 4, 2014 1:28 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.