Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 15, 2022 8:38 AM
Jul 2018
Can Law cut through Poneglyphs? Or more specifically can an Ope-Ope no Mi user cut through them? I was wondering about this after seeing episode 1010. Since Poneglyphs are apparently indestructable is it even possible? I feel that it is possible but Poneglyphs hold important information and that's why pirates in possession of the Ope Ope no Mi havent tried pulling this off. Maybe the World Government's primary interest is to use this fruit to destroy poneglyphs as opposed to immortality????? The question still remains Can the Ope Ope no Mi cut Poneglyphs... Thots?
Feb 15, 2022 8:51 AM
Jan 2018
My theory is that they are made of Kairouseki, since the mineral comes from Wano and the Poneglyphs too, so they are durable but it doesn't mean they are indestructible, the poneglyphs that we've seen so far were not destroyed because they were not found by the world government. Well, there's that scene where Robin touches one of them and doesn't show any reaction but that's what I think.
Feb 15, 2022 8:59 AM

May 2021
RadioYactive said:
My theory is that they are made of Kairouseki, since the mineral comes from Wano and the Poneglyphs too, so they are durable but it doesn't mean they are indestructible, the poneglyphs that we've seen so far were not destroyed because they were not found by the world government. Well, there's that scene where Robin touches one of them and doesn't show any reaction but that's what I think.

Your theory is half true . There definitely might be kairouseki or else the previous owner of Ope Ope no mi would have been sent on a journey to teleport or slice up the Poneglyph .
It ain't like Government hasn't found them , they are said to be all around the world so they might construct high security infrastructure around them so that they can be protected from people.
I have a theory , what if .... the Poneglyph is actually made of some special alloy which is produced by Wapol's DF when awakened but then IDK about the Kairouseki .
And if the Poneglyph are indestructible how come people of Wano inscribe on them ?
Feb 15, 2022 8:59 AM

May 2021
Furuyaaa said:
Can Law cut through Poneglyphs? Or more specifically can an Ope-Ope no Mi user cut through them? I was wondering about this after seeing episode 1010. Since Poneglyphs are apparently indestructable is it even possible? I feel that it is possible but Poneglyphs hold important information and that's why pirates in possession of the Ope Ope no Mi havent tried pulling this off. Maybe the World Government's primary interest is to use this fruit to destroy poneglyphs as opposed to immortality????? The question still remains Can the Ope Ope no Mi cut Poneglyphs... Thots?

Lol I asked the same question in the Ep 1010 review forum when the new episode just came out
Feb 15, 2022 9:12 AM
Jul 2018
Saksham_Mehra said:
RadioYactive said:

Your theory is half true . There definitely might be kairouseki or else the previous owner of Ope Ope no mi would have been sent on a journey to teleport or slice up the Poneglyph .
It ain't like Government hasn't found them , they are said to be all around the world so they might construct high security infrastructure around them so that they can be protected from people.
I have a theory , what if .... the Poneglyph is actually made of some special alloy which is produced by Wapol's DF when awakened but then IDK about the Kairouseki .
And if the Poneglyph are indestructible how come people of Wano inscribe on them ?

they probably use ryou, jokes aside though. what if the poneglyphs are made of highly dense kairouseki. this might make kairouseki ineffective against df users. at the same time giving weight and durability to the poneglyph?
Feb 15, 2022 9:15 AM

May 2021
Furuyaaa said:
Saksham_Mehra said:

they probably use ryou, jokes aside though. what if the poneglyphs are made of highly dense kairouseki. this might make kairouseki ineffective against df users. at the same time giving weight and durability to the poneglyph?
Makes sense because seastone is said to be as hard as a diamond but there is one more problem , there are scenes where Robin touches the actual Poneglyph but as we know , if there actually was seastone she would have felt weak so maybe this theory of seastone is false .
Feb 15, 2022 9:35 AM
Jul 2018
Saksham_Mehra said:
Furuyaaa said:

Makes sense because seastone is said to be as hard as a diamond but there is one more problem , there are scenes where Robin touches the actual Poneglyph but as we know , if there actually was seastone she would have felt weak so maybe this theory of seastone is false .

understandable

i think another very legitimate possibility could be.. how do i put it, external haki.
the makers of poneglyphs used haki to make the material as dense as it is. not sure how it works though. i think people from joyboy's time had a more superior form of armament haki which they then used for the above
ヽ((◎д◎))ゝ
Feb 16, 2022 8:25 AM
Apr 2015
lol I was just thinking about this too after last ep. I'm gonna say no since if they could be damaged in any way the World Gov would've destroyed them by now. sure, Law has a unique power but there's enough other crazy powers that should theoretically destroy poneglyphs too that the gov could but seemingly hasn't used for no reason
Feb 16, 2022 11:22 AM

Aug 2019
Presumably not? I mean we're almost certainly never gonna see Law try to destroy them so we'll never know for sure, but since the Poneglyphs were already mentioned to be indestructible I doubt the Law's DF would be effective.

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1100 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 6

175 by Yubisoft »»
51 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 455 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

JusticeGundam - Jun 12, 2010

110 by bakakisima »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 454 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

JusticeGundam - Jun 5, 2010

118 by bakakisima »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 453 Discussion ( 1 2 )

JusticeGundam - May 29, 2010

95 by bakakisima »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 452 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

JusticeGundam - May 22, 2010

104 by bakakisima »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.