Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 11, 2021 6:52 PM
Jul 2018
Dragevard said:
Sucks, but the latter part of the video where he made a Statement to Oda is cringe af. Never once did he apologize or admit he is wrong in anyway, which he is. Video is nothing but him blaming either Youtube or Toei or Japanese Law and crying about the loss of revenue. When you start playing the blame game, you already lost.

You're probably wondering why Pewdiepie and Charlie made videos on this guy. That's because he knows the Animeman and the Animeman knows Pewdiepie and Charlie.

Realizes how hypocritical he is and for trying to force his American Ways on another country like every American, so he unlists his statement videos to avoid further backlash LMAO
He already said in his statement that he would be okay if Toei blocked his videos in Japan so I'm really sure why you equate him as some sort of hot-blooded American forcing his ways on Japan. But that's not a decision up to him. That's up to Toei. Besides, he's already made another statement that he doesn't want to be part of the stress-inducing drama anymore so it's probably a likely reason why he unlisted the other statements.
Dec 11, 2021 9:44 PM

Dec 2020
Cestlavie_ said:

'youtube monies' losing ur YouTube channel is really equivalent of losing ur livelihood ur only/main source of income, u can't say u don't feel any sympathy towards him, these are the kinds of things that can lead to depression or suicide. Being a YouTuber is really risky,i know the world isn't as clear as black and white and most companies and people always try to put their needs before anyone else's but it doesn't mean I can't help feel sorry for the guy and what he's going through so i understand his plead to Oda however fruitless it may be.

>making enough money from Toei's IPs to hire a team, apparently
>making enough money to sustain his family
>NOOOO, YOU CAN'T JUST STOP HIM FROM MAKING THAT MUCH MONEY OFF OF OTHER PEOPLES WORK, HOW DARE THAT CORPORATION DO THAT???
Consumer culture really has ruined some people's brains...
Oh, and at least try to respect the English language when you quote me next time, thx.

Dragevard said:
Never once did he apologize or admit he is wrong in anyway, which he is. Video is nothing but him blaming either Youtube or Toei or Japanese Law and crying about the loss of revenue. When you start playing the blame game, you already lost.

I actually went and tried to watch one of his One Piece "review'' videos that are still up on his channel. He just recaps episodes note for note over screenshots and footage from the anime, with his own meaningless interjections like ''It's nice'' or ''this guy looks cool'', or he just states the obvious. I'm pretty sure Toei sees this as competing with the anime they produce since there's pretty much no point for someone to waste hours watching an arc this guy just compiles in his videos.

I'm opposed to the idea of ''IP'' in general, and this guy forces me to actually play devil's advocate because of his lack of common sense. I guess the talentless Sandwich board men of Youtube are just defending this guy because it threatens their own butter (and their sense of entitlement over other people's work).

kngo_dood said:
He already said in his statement that he would be okay if Toei blocked his videos in Japan so I'm really sure why you equate him as some sort of hot-blooded American forcing his ways on Japan. But that's not a decision up to him. That's up to Toei. Besides, he's already made another statement that he doesn't want to be part of the stress-inducing drama anymore so it's probably a likely reason why he unlisted the other statements.

I guess the ''stress'' he created himself went away when his Patreon spiked at 132.4% over the last couple of days (which he plugged on his pathetic Jeremiads). And take my word that he will probably STILL continue to shill for Toei there.

DYNASTIADec 11, 2021 10:29 PM

“You’ve never succeeded at anything and you never will, and do you know why? Because you are vulgar, irremediably vulgar, and not only are you vulgar, you are ordinary.” - Maurice Pialat’s We Won't Grow Old Together (1972)
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1071 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

FMmatron - Aug 5, 2023

967 by yoko-_- »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1070 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AhriTheS3xyFox - Jul 29, 2023

319 by yoko-_- »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Longer running comedy gag than Sanji's "fall for every girl he sees" shtick?

GakutoDeathGlare - Jun 3

28 by IamSajid »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 37 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kaizokuou - Aug 7, 2009

90 by TheStarscream759 »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 513 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ninkendo - Sep 3, 2011

57 by gannoncannon55 »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.