Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Who is at fault?
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Nov 3, 2021 6:24 PM

Feb 2014
Paul isn't mentally stable, what with both of his wives and daughter getting teleported who the fuck knows where and no way of knowing if they're alive or dead or being enslaved and sold into prostitution. So I don't blame him if he lost it when he heard his son -- who unlike your typical 10 year olds, is far smarter, powerful and capable -- was messing around for months while everyone else was desperately searching for their family and friends, and the first thing he asks about when he learned that most people in the village have either been teleported or killed, is whether his fucking girlfriend is OK, not his mother or sister. So yes, Rudy is much more at fault here.
Nov 3, 2021 8:23 PM
Jun 2009
Vhailor said:
Paul isn't mentally stable, what with both of his wives and daughter getting teleported who the fuck knows where and no way of knowing if they're alive or dead or being enslaved and sold into prostitution. So I don't blame him if he lost it when he heard his son -- who unlike your typical 10 year olds, is far smarter, powerful and capable -- was messing around for months while everyone else was desperately searching for their family and friends, and the first thing he asks about when he learned that most people in the village have either been teleported or killed, is whether his fucking girlfriend is OK, not his mother or sister. So yes, Rudy is much more at fault here.

I don't think he was ever mentally stable.

Mental illness doesn't mean Paul can punch a child in the face. This is the same father that forcefully shipped him off to another city and told him he wasn't allowed to contact his family at all. He's actually spent more time with Eris.

Sylphie doesn't have anyone to protect her plus she has green hair. She'd either be beat up or sold as a sex slave. His family has Paul to protect them (supposedly) and since he saw Norn with him, it's assumed the whole family is with them.
Nov 3, 2021 9:38 PM

Feb 2010
Paul is a grade 1 asshole and the series goes to great length to show that. he does have some redemption later, but that's spoilers.

In this case Rudy is not in the wrong. like anyone would he was focused on the his and the ones he was with survival. he had to plan out money expenses and plans to keep them alive. He didn't have the time or luxury to think about what happened to others.
GrimAtramentNov 3, 2021 9:42 PM
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Nov 3, 2021 11:55 PM
Jan 2021
Vhailor said:

I don't think a recovering NEET counts as mentally stable. It is true that Rudy is about as capable as Paul on some level. However, he never was really mentally an adult (NEETs act and think like spoiled children). Even if a NEET decided to try at life in a reincarnation he still has to gain experience he never had in his previous life. In terms of responsibility, he never had any. Not as a 30 year old NEET nor as a 10 year old child. If anything his responsibility he has taken on is actually somewhat impressive for someone who never had to worry about money in his life.

Just wanted to list some things to keep in mind before blaming Rudy.
In terms of being an adult, Rudy is still not at that point mentally yet. Though, the recent experience of being teleported to another continent definitely has helped in his maturation.

Edit: He is also an extremely naïve child. He plans on helping people then revealing they got helped by a superd and give them a sculpture of him. This might work with children but, I see this failing with adults and going horribly wrong. He is almost as naïve as a child.
And to be fair to Rudeus, I for one didn't think that anyone else would have been caught up in the great disaster. At least not from a village 3 hours away. The most I could fault him is for being oblivious to reality (which he is) and for not contacting his family(assuming he could and at a low price)
merlin2vNov 4, 2021 12:21 AM
Nov 4, 2021 12:11 AM

Jan 2021
merlin2v said:
Vhailor said:

I don't think a recovering NEET counts as mentally stable. It is true that Rudy is about as capable as Paul on some level. However, he never was really mentally an adult (NEETs act and think like spoiled children). Even if a NEET decided to try at life in a reincarnation he still has to gain experience he never had in his previous life. In terms of responsibility, he never had any. Not as a 30 year old NEET nor as a 10 year old child. If anything his responsibility he has taken on is actually somewhat impressive for someone who never had to worry about money in his life.

Just wanted to list some things to keep in mind before blaming Rudy.
In terms of being an adult, Rudy is still not at that point mentally yet. Though, the recent experience of being teleported to another continent definitely has helped in his maturation.

Alot of people overlook the NEET factor because it's such a common trope in Isekais today and because most of them are trash they don't actively explore it so it subverts peoples expectations based on shitty Character writing. This Story really brings it back to reality and makes people think about what being a NEET actually is rather then a punchline or Label that the OP will instantly walk out of due to new world fantasy somehow transforming a person because reasons.
Nov 4, 2021 12:35 AM
Jan 2021
dabdabgoose said:

Alot of people overlook the NEET factor because it's such a common trope in Isekais today and because most of them are trash they don't actively explore it so it subverts peoples expectations based on shitty Character writing. This Story really brings it back to reality and makes people think about what being a NEET actually is rather then a punchline or Label that the OP will instantly walk out of due to new world fantasy somehow transforming a person because reasons.

I think this is one of the reasons it's garnered so much attention. It's about taking an actual NEET putting him in to a world where actions actually have consequences.
That and the art.
Nov 6, 2021 4:53 AM

Feb 2018
Yeah, I agree with you! You're absolutely right! I mean, there are some things that are weird... Rudeus would've thought about his family at some point, but I think the anime didn't show that in order to build the climax towards this episode. Then again... Who was it that sent his own 7-year-old son to be by himself for 5 years? Is it that weird he was more worried about the task at hand, i.e., the girl he had been taking care of for those last 3 years? Besides, Rudeus had no way of knowing other people would be teleported as well nor that the blast radius would reach his own village. Anyone in his position would think his family was ok. He's surely at fault for not writing to his family before, but I doubt he could do that from the Demon Continent, after all he had no news from the outside world while he was in there, which makes me think there isn't really communication between the demons and the rest of the world (let's not forget the demons and the humans were enemies once). You see, the first moment Rudeus arrived at a human city, he thought about contacting his family. To me, it seems, he simply didn't worry about things that couldn't be done.
Nov 11, 2021 12:31 PM

Aug 2020
Where is the neither option ?
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Homura24 - Dec 19, 2021

468 by marta_valse »»
May 27, 4:03 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2021

471 by marta_valse »»
May 27, 3:38 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2021

416 by marta_valse »»
May 27, 3:13 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2021

303 by marta_valse »»
May 27, 6:33 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2021

228 by marta_valse »»
May 27, 6:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.